It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:01 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1392
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

OOC: Everyone who declared a movement has been moved their maximum distance.

Timmy leads the way north, against the 5 cloaked figures, with Bugg keeping pace. The people stop chanting and turn to face the rushing trespassers. The bizarre altar holds a sagging bag of stitched-up human skin that hangs from the two metal poles.

ALTAR

Miss Cleo steps aside and lets others pass by to enter the room.

Symond rushes forward, dagger drawn to confront the barking dogs.

Kid Crimson moves to the edge of the pool and chucks his crowbar at one of the dogs, striking one with a solid thud! After he throws the crowbar, his eyes begin to water from invisible vapors rising from the pool. As he takes a step back, he notices several gooey piles that appear to be dissolving in the liquid of the pool.

Beefheart moves around the south edge of the pool to attack one of the dogs. After he swings and misses, his eyes start watering from an unseen source near the pool.

Sitrus and Toross move around the pool to engage the dogs. Both of their eyes begin to water as the near the edges of the pool.

OOC: Their attack is delayed until next round, since they can’t close the distance this round.

Toldren peforms a frantic search of the floor, even as his comrades trample across to confront the strangers. Quill and Egburt move forward, with Egburt intending to keep the door open for a possible retreat.

Irakas moves behind Toldren, trying to find an area of the floor not constructed of blocks. He cannot see another path, so he follows in Toldren’s steps.

The two ghastly dogs close and attack Beefheart and Toross.

The first dog lunges and snaps at Beefheart, but he sidesteps and avoids the fanged maw.

Dog = [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5, [1d4] = 4 dmg.

The second dog leaps onto Toross and bites into his neck, ripping out a jugular vein. The elf drops to the floor, spraying blood across the polygonal blocks and twitching with the final movements of life!

Dog = [1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21, [1d4] = 4 dmg.

The cloaked figures resume their chanting, but stand ready to receive the oncoming attack. One (#5) draws a longsword while the others produce simple wooden clubs.

MAP:

Actions?


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm
Posts: 398
Bug moves around the altar [EDIT: around the pool] to flank #1; if he can't finish the move this round he will move partway.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2465
If the door seems like it will stay open then Egburt moves into the room and to the left. Egburt will close on the dog who just killed Toross and attack, keeping clear of the pool. Just using Toldren setup in dice roller for Egburt.

attack [1d20] = 6

damage [1d4] = 2



Quill will attack the same dog as Beefheart, keeping clear of the strange pool.



Toldren will move up to support the vanguard to attack the cultists.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2784
Location: England
Beefheart will continue to engage against the dogs, but as a fighting withdrawal to back away from the pool (he'll reposition himself to the west if he can).


Kid Crimson and Sitrus continue their movement around the pool, keeping well clear of the edge, and engage the dogs in melee.



Toross recites a long-winded soliloquy from his favourite Shakespeare tragedy and then succumbs to the sweet bliss of death, a hero.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13012
Location: Packerland
Symond rushes into the room, seeing the cultists as the biggest threat to his party. He advances towards that group, slashing at the closest one with his dagger.
Dagger Attack [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20 Damage [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5 (If he cant make it all the way to them, he throws his dagger as a missile weapon as he closes in on them.)


Timmy rushes the group of robed freaks, ignoring the pool and dogs all together. He thinks about playing his instrument to try to bolster the groups attacks, but isn't sure if the ukulele could be heard over the chanting of the robed figures. He attacks the figure closest to him with his blade.
Dagger Attack [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4 Damage [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5



Miss Cleo stays put in the doorway, trying to think of a way to be useful in all of this chaos. With her hands, she watches the tunnel behind the group to be sure that nothing comes up to trap them all inside the chamber.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:18 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 815
Location: Virginia
Irakas races towards the dogs to avenge the fallen Toross. However, the sight of all that blood throws off his rhythm.


_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:57 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1392
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

OOC: Your character’s Speed score is your movement in feet per round.

Bugg moves around the pool to engage the dogs.

Egburt determines that the door is balanced to close easier than it opens. He calls Miss Cleo forward and then moves towards the dogs.

Quill moves to attack the dog that killed Toross.

Toldren moves forward to engage the cultists, spear at the ready.

Beefheart gets the initiative on the dog, bringing his hammer down for a clean strike! (AC12) The dog-thing is severely wounded, but continues to fight.

Kid Crimson swings his sword, but misses the dog (AC12).

Sitrus hacks with his shovel and hits his target (#1, AC12), the ghoulish dog bursts open and slumps to the floor. A foul, screeching energy form vaguely shaped like the dog materializes and then sinks into the floor and disappears.

OOC: I used your delayed attack rolls from the previous round.

Toross dies a heroic death, receiving honor from his elven ancestors in the afterlife.

Symond moves north to attack the cult group.

Timmy moves against the nearest cultist (#7). He stabs with his dagger, but misses the cloaked figure (AC11).

Miss Cleo stands in the doorway, leaning against the hinge are to keep it open. She keeps watch on the tunnel behind, looking for Quangah.

The cultist against Timmy sidesteps his attack, and brings his club down to strike Timmy but misses wide.

Cultist = [1d20-1] = 4-1 = 3 int, [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3 att, [1d4] = 1 dmg

The cult group holds their ground while chanting, letting their enemy close with them.

Dog #2 counters after Beefheart’s strike, snapping into his leg (2 points of damage)

Dog = [1d20+3] = 1+3 = 4 int, [1d20+2] = 18+2 = 20 att, [1d4] = 2 dmg

Quangah remains in the cavern tunnel, safe from the action in the ritual chamber.

MAP:


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:54 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm
Posts: 398
Bugg the Wretched moves to hound #1, then attacks with his staff!

[1d20-1] = 15-1 = 14
[1d4-1] = 2-1 = 1

Quangah, irked at his cowardice, starts moving toward the pool.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 815
Location: Virginia
Irakas tries to move towards the dogs and attack.


_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:45 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13012
Location: Packerland
Timmy Little swings again with his tiny blade, wondering where his back-up is.
Dagger Attack [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15 Damage [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4

Symond the Snail keeps moving towards the cultists, hoping to get there soon so he can help with the attack. ;) (cant throw a dagger?)

Miss Cleo of the Eyed Hands continues to keep a lookout from the doorway.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2784
Location: England
Beefheart, Sitrus and Kid Crimson also gang up on the remaining dog. (Due to the delay, do I need to make new rolls this time, or will you use last round's rolls like before?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:57 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2465
Egburt attacks dog #1

attack [1d20] = 6

damage [1d4] = 1

Toldren attacks cultist #3

attack [1d20] = 1

damage no point



Quill attacks dog #2 again


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2784
Location: England
Per instructions, here are attack rolls for Crimson, Beef & Sitrus:

Kid Crimson
Beefheart
Sitrus


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:13 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1392
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Bugg moves against hound #2 after realizing the first dog has been neutralized. The wretched elf brings his staff to bear, smacking into the hell-hound and causing it to burst open and release a green burst of energy. This time, the energy materialized into the form of the hound and it leaps over its empty skin to attack Irakas!

Beefheart attempts a strike with his hammer, but swings beside the green entity.

Sitrus swings his shovel through the energy form, but doesn’t faze it.

Kid Crimson slices through the corporeal beast (AC12), inflicting some damage as small lightning bolts discharge off of his sword’s blade.

Egburt and Quill attempt to bring the beast down, but do not affect the form which continues to melee.

It is Irakas and his short sword that finally dispatches the demonic light (AC12). His sword connects and the remaining energy blasts out the tip of his sword and vanishes with a wisp of putrid smoke.

OOC: The dog is killed before it can carry out its attack.

Symond rushes against one of the occultist, and throws his dagger when he gets in range. The dagger hits the figure (AC11), center-of-mass, and sinks up to its pommel. The robed person drops his club, grabs the dagger handle and yells out in pain before falling onto the floor - dead!

One of the cultist counters Toldren’s missed attack with a miss of his own.

Cultist = [1d20-1] = 10-1 = 9 int, [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 att, [1d4] = 3 dmg

Timmy jabs at the robed figure in front of him (AC11), severly wounding the person who swings back and knocks Timmy in the shoulder (1 point dmg.).

Cultist = [1d20-1] = 13-1 = 12 int, [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11 att, [1d4] = 1 dmg

Their spell now disrupted, the remaining cultists move to engage.

#6 moves to flank Timmy, swings at him with his club but misses.

Cultist = [1d20-1] = 8-1 = 7 int, [1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6 att, [1d4] = 1 dmg

The robed figure with the longsword (#5), bounds forward and takes a swipe at Symond, who barely avoids the edge of the sword!

Sword Cultist = [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 int, [1d20+3] = 6+3 = 9 att, [1d8] = 6 dmg

Quangah makes it to the entrance door and hears the sounds of battle from inside the room. Miss Cleo maintains her position, but moves aside so Quangah may enter.

MAP:

Actions?


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:00 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 815
Location: Virginia
Irakas races over to aid Symond.


_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:23 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm
Posts: 398
Wretched Bugg runs to join Symond as well, assaulting the filthy cultist! Quangah rushes into the chamber at top speed, moving round the left side of the lake towards the cultists.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:56 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2784
Location: England
Kid Crimson, Beefheart and Sitrys all shout for joy at taking down the dogs, and run over to attack the cultists.

(I think they're too far away to get an attack this round.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:41 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13012
Location: Packerland
Timmy starts to get nervous after being injured for real. The thought of dying in here disrupts his counter attack.

Dagger Attack [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3 Damage [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4


Symond feels pretty stupid now with no weapon and an adversary attacking him. He swings at the cultist with his fist, hoping it will be enough to knock him over.

Random d20 [1d20] = 20

Nat 20 [1d4+1] = 1+1 = 2

Punching Damage [1d2+1] = 2+1 = 3


Miss Cleo uses one hand to watch the hall behind her and the other to keep an eye on the actions in the room. She watches the hidden areas for anything else that might pop out at her friends.


Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2465
Toldren grits his teeth and thrusts again with the pitchfork, the fear set aside with steely determination.





Egburt rushes over to engage with the nearest cultist, staff ready to strike.

if gets there in time to attack:
to hit [1d20] = 19

damage [1d4] = 1
A 19! Please get there in time!


Quill rushes over as well to attack the nearest cultist, thrusting clumsily with his misshapen dagger.

if gets there in time to attack:
to hit [1d20] = 4

damage [1d4-1] = 2-1 = 1


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:29 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1392
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

The sword-wielding cultist gets the initiative on Symond, slicing his belly open (3 points of dmg). The wizard’s apprentice slumps over and dies.

Sword Cultist = [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16 int, [1d20+3] = 12+3 = 15 att, [1d8] = 3 dmg

Initiative: Symond = [1d20] = 9

Toldren is quicker than the Cultist opposing him, slicing through his neck (5 points of dmg) and sending the head across the floor!

Initiative: Toldren = [1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5

Dead Cultist:

Timmy tries his best against two of the cultist, but he is ineffective with his dagger.

The two cultist both pummel Timmy with their clubs (combined 5 points of damage plus an unrolled crit), crushing his head and collar bone. The minstrel collapses and dies a bloody mess on the floor.

Cultist = [1d20-1] = 16-1 = 15 int, [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 att, [1d4] = 1 dmg

Cultist = [1d20-1] = 3-1 = 2 int, [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21 att, [1d4] = 4 dmg

Miss Cleo holds her position, watching the carnage and seeing her friends move to the north of the room.

Quangah moves around the west side of the pool and begins to turn north.

Bugg, Beefheart, Kid Crimson, Egburt, Quill, Sirus and Irakas make haste to help their friends, but watch helplessly as two of them fall to the chaos worshippers.

MAP:

Actions?


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group