It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 am
Posts: 63
"I understand, sorry," Weeba says. "Didn't mean to pry."

He turns to his comrades.

"Shall we explore out to the east, then? Or back the way we came?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:34 am
Posts: 131
"I feel that east is where our sun will rise. A sudden oriental mood has come over me. It may well be the cuisine but I'm inclined to follow my gut anyway." Biddle burps without discomfort.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2889
Location: England
Day 1, Afternoon (turn 11)

Image

Making the appropriate goodbyes and promises to meet again, you rekindle your light sources and leave to the east.

Very quickly the party arrives at a four way intersection: the north-south corridor is about twice as wide as the east-west corridor, giving it the appearance of a main thoroughfare. To the south a door can be seen flickering in and out of the shadows. To the east and north, nothing but darkness and the returning echoes of your own footsteps.


Actions?

Image

Light sources: Digsby's lantern, Weeba's lantern (held by Doughty), Biddle's torch (all burning 3 turns)

Biddle Spratt, Hypnotist Extraordinaire (Wiz, ST 12/12 LK 14 DEX 10 — Adds: +2/+2) CON: 11/11
Digsby Mudfoot, Halfling Gardener (War, ST 7 LK 12 DEX 15 — Adds: +1/+4) CON: 20/20
Doughty Doughball, Halfling Cook (Rog, ST 5 LK 7 DEX 15 — Adds: -3/+0) CON: 8/16
Garrick the Fortunate, Elven Archaeologist (Wiz, ST 7 LK 17 DEX 12 — Adds: +3/+3) CON: 9/9
Spindlethrash, Halfling Ne'er-do-well (War, ST 5 LK 13 DEX 18 — Adds: +3/+9) CON: 32/32
Weeba Zortz, Warrior in Triplet (War, ST 13 LK 10 DEX 17 — Adds: +6/+11) CON: 10/10


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm
Posts: 408
Spindlethrash suggests they wait a bit, and see if anyone passes through the wide corridor.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:41 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 4114
Location: Ithaca, NY
Doughty agrees to give it 10 minutes but reminds his companions that most of the creatures they have passed so far have been rather aggressive towards us. We might rather avoid many things down here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 am
Posts: 63
"Are you expecting someone?" Weeba asks. But he'll wait the ten minutes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:23 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Florida
Digsby rolls up the map and tucks it away, nods to the friendly proprietors and follows the others as they head down the eastern passage. Hearing the others conversation Digsby peeks around the corner and notices the door to the south. "If no one comes along, why don't we take a look at that door just over there," he says, pointing to the doorway partially revealed by their lights. "Hmm... it occurs to me that if anyone does come along we've announced our presence with our torches. I'm going to sneak over the other side of the corridor and hang out in the shadows just in case someone actually does come along." With that, the shoveller blows out his candle lantern and, as quietly as possible, trots acros the corridor to take up residence in the shadows of the corridor opposite his companions.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2889
Location: England
Day 1, Afternoon (turn 12)

(Sorry for the constant delays! Hopefully now that school's mostly out things will be getting back on track)

Image

The party reduces their lighting and sets up post at the intersection of corridors in this inexplicable dungeon. Ten minutes pass and no strangers come by.

Satisfied that no one is coming this way, Doughty hops over to the southern door and investigates it. Seeing nothing obviously dangerous in doing so, he pulls the door open and spies the large pentagonal foyer at the beginning of the dungeon. Against the far wall they can make out the stairs, and the smell of smoke and burnt trash comes from the door against the right wall next to them.


(you are peering through the door shown in the far back of the room)
Image


Actions?

Image

Light sources: Digsby's lantern & Biddle's torch (burning 4 turns), Weeba's lantern (held by Doughty, burned 3 turns, currently out)

Biddle Spratt, Hypnotist Extraordinaire (Wiz, ST 12/12 LK 14 DEX 10 — Adds: +2/+2) CON: 11/11
Digsby Mudfoot, Halfling Gardener (War, ST 7 LK 12 DEX 15 — Adds: +1/+4) CON: 20/20
Doughty Doughball, Halfling Cook (Rog, ST 5 LK 7 DEX 15 — Adds: -3/+0) CON: 8/16
Garrick the Fortunate, Elven Archaeologist (Wiz, ST 7 LK 17 DEX 12 — Adds: +3/+3) CON: 9/9
Spindlethrash, Halfling Ne'er-do-well (War, ST 5 LK 13 DEX 18 — Adds: +3/+9) CON: 32/32
Weeba Zortz, Warrior in Triplet (War, ST 13 LK 10 DEX 17 — Adds: +6/+11) CON: 10/10


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:57 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 am
Posts: 63
"Let's check the passage to the East, then," Weeba says.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 4114
Location: Ithaca, NY
Doughty nods in agreement. Better'n sitting still. Or trying that trap door again.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:23 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Florida
As the others make their way to the hallway Digsby was standing watch within, the gardener applies flint to steel, relights his candle lantern and holds it aloft to illuminate the shadows further in.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:41 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 am
Posts: 63
Now that we have light, Weeba proceeds down the passage to the east. He has his sword drawn.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2889
Location: England
Day 1, Afternoon (turn 12.1)

Image

The party wanders down the eastern passage, coming to a door on the left after forty feet, then coming to a left turn after another forty feet. You hear nothing behind the door after a quick listen.

Around the corner you can hear something, though—walking that way and rounding the bend you see another door on the left wall, maybe 20 feet ahead, and another four-way intersection twenty or thirty feet after that. Nothing can be heard behind that door either.

You can still hear it though, an irregular grinding sound accompanied by a muffled voice and the occasional knocking about of furniture, coming from behind the dungeon walls somewhere.


Actions?

Image

Light sources: Digsby's lantern & Biddle's torch (burning 4 turns), Weeba's lantern (held by Doughty, burned 3 turns)

Biddle Spratt, Hypnotist Extraordinaire (Wiz, ST 12/12 LK 14 DEX 10 — Adds: +2/+2) CON: 11/11
Digsby Mudfoot, Halfling Gardener (War, ST 7 LK 12 DEX 15 — Adds: +1/+4) CON: 20/20
Doughty Doughball, Halfling Cook (Rog, ST 5 LK 7 DEX 15 — Adds: -3/+0) CON: 8/16
Garrick the Fortunate, Elven Archaeologist (Wiz, ST 7 LK 17 DEX 12 — Adds: +3/+3) CON: 9/9
Spindlethrash, Halfling Ne'er-do-well (War, ST 5 LK 13 DEX 18 — Adds: +3/+9) CON: 32/32
Weeba Zortz, Warrior in Triplet (War, ST 13 LK 10 DEX 17 — Adds: +6/+11) CON: 10/10


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 am
Posts: 63
Weeba motions for the light to stay back, then cautiously moves toward the intersection listening intently. Is the sound coming from the intersection, or from somewhere else?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:34 am
Posts: 131
Biddle begins tapping on the wall with a firm, rhythmic beat, trying to get a response.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:23 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Florida
When Weeba motions Digsby to hang back, the diminutive gardener stops at the last door and places his ear against the wooden portal. He sets the lantern on the floor with his right foot in front of it to shield some of the light projected down the passage towards the intersection. Digsby unlimbers his shovel from the carrier on his back and holds it in his right hand. Thus positioned he hopes to be able to hear anything coming from down the hall or behind the door.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2889
Location: England
Day 1, Afternoon (turn 13)

Image

Weeba the warrior creeps toward the intersection and listens intently in the dark. With the lanterns left behind and dimmed, Weeba can make out only dark shadows playing off the walls of the tunnel, but . He strains his ears and determines without any doubt that the sound is definitely not coming from up this way.

Digsby settles beside the door and listens carefully into that room, while blocking some of the lantern's light emissions down the hall. The sound is definitely not coming from within, and he doesn't think he can hear any other noises—or perhaps some pitter-patter just there—but now Biddle begins rapping on the wall and he can no longer concentrate.

Biddle taps the west and south wall of the tunnel, soliciting a response. The noises stop short for a moment then resume, making it quite clear that they are coming from behind this wall in the corner. After a few more knocks the shuffling and crunching both stop again, followed by a pregnant pause, a belch loud enough to hear through the wall, and a raspy voice saying, "Go away. Busy."

Actions?

Frobozz Magic Map: https://campaignwiki.org/gridmapper.svg ... %26T%20PBP

Image

Light sources: Digsby's lantern & Biddle's torch (burning 5 turns), Weeba's lantern (held by Doughty, burned 4 turns)

Biddle Spratt, Hypnotist Extraordinaire (Wiz, ST 12/12 LK 14 DEX 10 — Adds: +2/+2) CON: 11/11
Digsby Mudfoot, Halfling Gardener (War, ST 7 LK 12 DEX 15 — Adds: +1/+4) CON: 20/20
Doughty Doughball, Halfling Cook (Rog, ST 5 LK 7 DEX 15 — Adds: -3/+0) CON: 8/16
Garrick the Fortunate, Elven Archaeologist (Wiz, ST 7 LK 17 DEX 12 — Adds: +3/+3) CON: 9/9
Spindlethrash, Halfling Ne'er-do-well (War, ST 5 LK 13 DEX 18 — Adds: +3/+9) CON: 32/32
Weeba Zortz, Warrior in Triplet (War, ST 13 LK 10 DEX 17 — Adds: +6/+11) CON: 10/10


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:12 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 am
Posts: 63
Weeba waits until he is sure there is no noise up here, then motions for the party to join him.

OOC: He may not have noticed the voice from behind the wall back there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 4114
Location: Ithaca, NY
Doughty walks to the wall and says, We have granola! Let us in!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:23 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Florida
At Weeba's gesture, Digsby picks up the lantern in his left hand and quietly strides up the passage. "I think Doughty's found something back there," he motions back down the tunnel with his shovel, "At least he was talking to someone through the wall. Perhaps we should check it out before we leave parties unknown behind us?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group