00. Intro: Jareth & Kaltar [Computer +1 & saalaria]

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: 00. Intro: Jareth & Kaltar [Computer +1 & saalaria]

#41 Post by dmw71 »

Failing to respond to Jareth's hail, the creatures instead threaten with malice! Jareth and Kaltar rush towards the pair of short, ochre-colored humanoids with long arms, flat faces, pointed ears and a wide mouth with of fangs. As they witness your approach, one hurls a javelin at Jareth, the other at Kaltar. Both miss terribly (they appear to be negatively affected by the sunlight).

---

Jareth and Kaltar reach the enemy and are careful to avoid getting within range of the berserking wolf. Jareth has an opportunity to attack and Kaltar limited to full defensive capabilities.

The two nasty critters draw short swords and snarl! "Vivamus adipiscing, nisi ut facilisis porttitor, metus diam feugiat mi!" they curse in a language unfamiliar to either of you. The first humanoid attacks more rapidly than Jareth possibly could. It stabs at him successfully, marking his armor and leaving a minor gash (D3). The second humanoid lashes out at Kaltar, missing with his short sword almost as badly as it did with its javelin.

---

My apologies on a lack of an initial map. Apparently it's more difficult than I imagined detailing a scenario, especially one with so much going on. I will definitely attempt to provide a map in this type of situation going forward.

---

Please declare actions and roll initiatives for the new round.
:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by saalaria »

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#43 Post by dmw71 »

Kaltar and his foe square off. This wirely humanoid is again much quicker than Kaltar and lunges at him, the blade of its short sword narrowly misses (ooc: I do not fudge rolls. It's attack roll would have hit, but you can thank the sun for the -1 penalty it suffers.), its blade harmlessly glancing off the links of Kaltar's armor. This humanoid left itself exposed, however, and Kaltar's mace comes crashing down atop it. It's lifeless body crumbles to the ground.

Jareth's opponent fails at another piercing attempt with its short sword. "Mauris velit mauris, vehicula nec!" it spits! You assume it is cursing... loudly.

The wolf snarls and snaps at Jareth, just barely out of range. It's anger reaching new heights! Just beyond the wolf, an additional four humanoid forms are seen rapidly approaching, chirping out words you don't understand.

---

Jareth, you're action will be the last for the current round.
-- Project --

-- DM --
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by saalaria »

woohoo chalk one up to the man of the cloth! Does Kaltar have any idea what these creatures are?
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:woohoo chalk one up to the man of the cloth! Does Kaltar have any idea what these creatures are?
Nicely done! I try to avoid using common monster names when first introducing them, but they're just simply goblins.

---

By the way, things are about to get very interesting! ;)
-- Project --

-- DM --
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by saalaria »

Of course you mean 'even more' interesting..its pretty interesting already...loving it!
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Computer +1 »

Unless I am way off I think I am 2 rounds behind combat.

Jareth attacks his foe with a measured strike being mindful of the waterfall and the wolf.
[1d20] = 14+2 to hit = 16
Damage:
[1d8+3] = 5+3 = 8

If his opponent is still standing he will follow up this attack with another.
If his opponent is downed he will move a bit further away from the wolf while facing any new foes.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#48 Post by dmw71 »

Computer +1 wrote:Unless I am way off I think I am 2 rounds behind combat.
You're absolutely right. I forgot that you were able to act a round before Kaltar was able. However, your first attack crushes the goblin you were facing... and, as promised, things are about to get interesting. :D

---

Just as your fatal blows strike their marks (+15 xp each), a booming human voice is heard behind you:

"I demand a cease fire now you chamber pot lickers. Leaving a magestic wolf chained like a commoner's mutt? Y'all should be the ones chained."

Jareth, standing closest to the wolf, takes a couple of practiced steps away from the beast. He and Kaltar turn in unison to face the source of this voice. Before you stands an imposing figure, dressed in a fine suit of chain mail, cape flowing from his shoulders. Slightly laboring for breath due to his rapid crossing of the same open plains you earlier covered, he stands before you with a long, oddly-shaped spear in his hand.
-- Project --

-- DM --
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Computer +1 »

Jareth keeps his guard up and yells

Keeps yer wits about you Neighbor. T'wernt us who chained the beast. Perhaps it was they behind the falls, cousins to these creatures who attacked us

Jareth gestures at the slain goblins and the ones coming from behind the falls.

If ye stand for this wolf then ye might wish to stand with us until this be sorted out.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#50 Post by dmw71 »

This new arrival appears to look at you with disgust. He begins to speak at the same time as Jareth, yielding to Jareth as he appears interested in learning of the events that just took place.

You draw this newcomers attention to behind the falls where you expect to see four similar creatures rushing at you. Instead, the three of you notice that the four goblins are working cooperatively at the wolves restraints, looking to release it upon you!
-- Project --

-- DM --
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by Computer +1 »

What is the wolf doing? Is it trying to bite the goblins? IS it only focused on us? How far away am I from my spear?
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by saalaria »

Flushed with his success and clearly with his blood up , Kaltar offers:
"the time for talking is past - we certainly don't want the wolf loose if we can help it"
As he turns and moves to engage the goblin seeming to be doing the most untying
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#53 Post by dmw71 »

Unlocked to add:

+100xp to each for successful first encounter. This amount is on top of the 15xp awarded for actually defeating the goblins.

Total unadjusted experience points: 115
-- Project --

-- DM --

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”