In Closing

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

In Closing

#1 Post by dmw71 »

Figures. Major production issues at work struck just as the adventure concluded.

This game launched on September 25, 2012 and, with the exception of a break in action for few months early on, has been running non-stop on a daily basis for a year and few months. I really appreciate the level of activity you guys were able to maintain over that length of time.

Almost 5,700 posts!

It's been a lot of fun. I am in such a habit of working on updates at every spare minute and sitting down on the train to and from work to compose game updates that I'm not sure what I'm going to do now? Well, I do have a few ideas.....

While there was some growing sentiment lately that the challenges were too great (and, considering how the game ended, there is probably some validity to those grievances), I do hope that all those that were involved in the game had fun. At least a little. If not, well, my apologies.

The game, obviously, will need to be archived at some point, but I'll wait a week or so to open the game up for players to go through and read the various private threads they weren't meant to read or re-read situations of past or, well, whatever.

Thank you all again, it's been a pleasure.
- Dave
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: In Closing

#2 Post by saalaria »

Thanks Dave - I definitely enjoyed it. So you are finishing the game with no way to return then? What's the reason for that?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by onlyme »

Dave,

As I have said before, I absolutely loved this campaign...From the setting, to the pace, to the other players, to the incredible attention to detail in the house rules. But, especially how you DM'd it.
Thank you...

Now that said... if you are willing...
1) how many trogs were still around in the lair, and how many did we end up killing in that last battle? I think I counted 9...
2) What was goating the folks at the Goat?
3) What was up with the temple?

Mainly for 2 and 3, were they separate hooks, or related to the trogs?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by wolfpack »

I enjoyed it up to the last encounter. For the record my vote was to stay behind and investgate the secret room epsilon found at the goat.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Computer +1 »

Fun game Dave!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

Was a great game, Dave!

I'm cool with not knowing anything that we didn't discover in-game. Maybe I'll see something like it in the future... ;)

Al
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by onlyme »

ok, my one complaint...

lack of proper materials to make a good lance. Especially with how brittle they apparently were. Ewell's must have been made in some guy's basement in St Louis or something.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:Thanks Dave - I definitely enjoyed it. So you are finishing the game with no way to return then? What's the reason for that?
Yes, Sam, I am not going to revive Foxmoor. As much as I enjoyed it, and as proud as I am of what were were able to accomplish, there are things about it that I've grown to not like.

I don't like how 1E was the base ruleset when I first started to put the rules together, and changed to 2E before the game actually started. It's confusing. I also don't particularly care for some of the character creation rules I have in place.

It's time for a change.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:As I have said before, I absolutely loved this campaign...From the setting, to the pace, to the other players, to the incredible attention to detail in the house rules. But, especially how you DM'd it.
Glad you enjoyed it. For as completely unprepared as I was when launching the game, I think it turned out fairly well.
onlyme wrote:Now that said... if you are willing...
1) how many trogs were still around in the lair, and how many did we end up killing in that last battle? I think I counted 9...
There were still a fair number of female troglodytes remaining, but aside from the chieftain, which was responsible for killing Epsilon, the rest of the main defenses were in that last room with you. If you had somehow managed to get through that chamber, I really would have liked your odds.
onlyme wrote:2) What was goating the folks at the Goat?

If it's all the same, I think I will have this remain a secret. Sorry. I would hate to ruin a story that could be reused later.
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by onlyme »

dmw71 wrote:
onlyme wrote: 1) how many trogs were still around in the lair, and how many did we end up killing in that last battle? I think I counted 9...
There were still a fair number of female troglodytes remaining, but aside from the chieftain, which was responsible for killing Epsilon, the rest of the main defenses were in that last room with you. If you had somehow managed to get through that chamber, I really would have liked your odds.
onlyme wrote:2) What was goating the folks at the Goat?

If it's all the same, I think I will have this remain a secret. Sorry. I would hate to ruin a story that could be reused later.
Totally understand...
and hoping...

What did the HP look like on those remaining trogs? I know we hit a bunch, and 3-4 people had great shots that never happened due to losing initiative. Just wondering how close we came...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#11 Post by dmw71 »

wolfpack wrote:For the record my vote was to stay behind and investgate the secret room epsilon found at the goat.
I do have to say, I enjoyed the rogue nature of Epsilon. His discovery was one of the handful of things I was expecting the group to pursue instead of the troglodyte lair, but I was determined to let the group pursue whatever course of action they elected.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Maybe I'll see something like it in the future.
Quite possibly. :)
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:What did the HP look like on those remaining trogs?
There were still a fair number of leaders that weren't touched yet, but many were weakened to the point where a single blow would have killed them. Three, in fact, had either 1 or 2 hit points. That was frustrating for me as a DM, to see how close you were to killing something off only to have it survive. The tide could have been turned with a couple more hits.
-- Project --
-- DM --

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by wolfpack »

dmw71 wrote:
wolfpack wrote:For the record my vote was to stay behind and investgate the secret room epsilon found at the goat.
I do have to say, I enjoyed the rogue nature of Epsilon. His discovery was one of the handful of things I was expecting the group to pursue instead of the troglodyte lair, but I was determined to let the group pursue whatever course of action they elected.

The idea was a acedemic his 1st time really out on his own who was excited, intellegent, but curious and a bit nieve.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rukellian »

I've had a good run as well, tis a shame though that Fimmion could not preserve his culinary works in some way, at least O'Hare has a copy of one of his recipes. And it could be very likely that he had an apprentice who did not follow in his footsteps... ;) Thank you for the run dmw71!

!!!!! weird, this just turned out to be a deja vu moment :shock: Many years from now, I saw myself typing this exact post, not even knowing full well why. Cool.... 8-)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by Alethan »

Rukellian wrote:
!!!!! weird, this just turned out to be a deja vu moment :shock: Many years from now, I saw myself typing this exact post, not even knowing full well why. Cool.... 8-)
Aw, that's just a glitch in the matrix, mate. Best be careful.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Stonjuz »

Shannigans sits, playfully watching the enlarged butterfly. He hears Garth smirking from the treeline. The halfling darts straight home, knowing that druids usually bring nothing but death and destruction. He apologozes to his family for stealing the goods and promises to never leave home again.
(Little too late?)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by onlyme »

Stonjuz wrote:Shannigans sits, playfully watching the enlarged butterfly. He hears Garth smirking from the treeline. The halfling darts straight home, knowing that druids usually bring nothing but death and destruction. He apologozes to his family for stealing the goods and promises to never leave home again.
(Little too late?)

Makes sense to have one mulligan. Let's restart from there?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by ravenn4544 »

Really enjoyed playing this campaign. Great job all and appreciate the time you but in in dmw.

Regards,
R

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by saalaria »

We await Foxmoor II - the Revenge of the Party then!

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”