OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Quest #6 "Return To The River"

#241 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Next Day.....
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Early Morning, Humid, Buggy

After settling in for the night inside the shelter.....again, the group manages to finally get some uninterrupted rest. With the bugs that were let in and the disgruntled way that the sticky mummy was handled, only light sleep is possible due to the swatting and swearing all night. (everyone gained 1 hit point back from resting) The casters go about their morning rituals of prayer and study as the others try to get a few more winks in the meantime.

Eventually each member of the group is awake and ready to start the day. Keilif still looks a little sickly, the skin on his head and face remains white and wrinkled. What's worse is that now he is giving off that same sickly sour smell as the creature that almost killed him. He stands up and prepares to go outside the hut to fetch some fresh water.

"Yes Master gnome, I do believe we must play follow the leader a little longer. We still haven't found anything yet to indicate what has happened to the natives. I believe that we must press on north today to see if we can reach their farms. That is where we are going to learn what is happening out here. So, lets prepare ourselves and move out as soon as everyone is ready. If there are no objections, I will use the healing powers of the Sea Mother upon myself before we leave. Is anyone else badly in need of healing?" He looks at Brufrig, wondering if the stubborn dwarf will be too proud to ask.

Bonnie and Waes discuss the events of last night and agree that better planning is a must, despite the many uncertainties of battle. More communication is agreed upon and the group prepares to head out again.

Just then.......a light scratching noise on the reed wall mats can be heard coming from just outside the hut.

Actions?

Ferris 4/7 DM, RM, 1/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 10/10 4/4 first
Bonnie 3/6
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 5/15
Keilif 3/9 3/3 first

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Forcing herself to look at Keilif, she starts to form a theory...
"I am still weakened from that damn spider, so if nobody else speaks up...."

She gathers her things when she hears the scratching. "Shh...Listen. More spiders?" She pulls her new blade and cautiously pushes open the door to look.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

"The spiders were quiet and nimble. Maybe something with claws, like a giant cat preening. Ferris, maybe your panther is back, want take a look?"

Krystal will try and peer over the edge of the opposite side of the hut from where the reed scratching is heard and see if she can pick out the cause of the noise unseen.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#244 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

thinks for a minute about the sharp toothed and sharp clawed creature then pictures its' pelt wrapped around some seductive shapely gnome sweetie. "Errr...okay"

Ferris will sneak to the entrance with his pickbow loaded ready to fire.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Urson »

Outside, a large cat paws at the wall of the hut. When it meows, its voice is surprisingly small.. Mroww? It's a Maine Coon cat- maybe a foot tall at the shoulder and almost 3 feet long, plus his tail.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

She looks around, seemingly searching for something."Hello? I can hear you. Who are you? And where are you?"

She looks down at the cat, gets a strange look on her face, and bends down to pet it.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Urson »

Aldo

The cat bonks his head against Bonnie's shin, then makes a quick leap and lands on her shoulders. Despite his small voice, his purr is loud and rumbly.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie looks a bit shocked, and recoils slightly. "Uh..Ok." She turns and walks inside with the cat, sure that she has finally lost it.

She turns to the others:"Does anyone else hear that?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#249 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As if things weren't weird enough, once party members begin to peer outside to find the source of the scratching, they find a friendly cat that wants to come in.

The cat seems to be taking a liking to Bonnie. She wonders if she has finally lost her mind completely and asks the others if they can also see and hear the cat.

They can!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#250 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf raises an eyebrow at Bonnie and her new friend. Well, at least one of us has managed to come out of this trek with something to show for it. The dwarf will head outside and locate his dropped halberd.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Storm11 »

Waes pets the kitten and then gathers his belongings, putting On some more of the bug repellant before leaving the safety of the shelter.

"How far to this place priest? It is time to go. Ewwww you smell like that deadcreature. Are you feeling ok?" he asks the cleric.
Greys Campaign.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Urson »

Aldo

The cat leans against Bonnie's head, purring loudly
Name's Aldo, by the way. Who are you, sister? Glad ta meetcha, Bonnie. I been lookin' around, tryin ta find somebody who I can talk to-been going crazy, know what I mean?

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#253 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny is suprised that this seemingly smart feline wants to befriend their group, it may live longer on its own. She sighs and readies herself for the rest of their journey. What could make a cat come this far into the jungle??

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#254 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Day 2
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping

The group begins to assemble outside of the hut, readying for the next leg of the journey. Brufrig the dwarf retrieves his halberd that still lays in the grass near the battle sight. He spots no signs of the weird creature or any hairy spiders.

Keilif sniffs himself a few times but doesn't make the connection.
"I'm fine! Nothing that the Sea Mother can't help with."
The priest begins chanting a soft prayer, then touches himself, Bonnie, and Brufrig in succession. The healing blue light shimmers momentarily again as the touch makes all three members feel much better. Unfortunately, the mild healing does nothing to quell the priest's wrinkled white face and sour smell.
"Let us press on towards the north. I know not how far, but I think we should be able to make the fields by the end of the day. It is there that we should learn more about the sad fate of these good people." The sea priest gets the group moving again, heading up the trail that runs parallel with the fast flowing river.

Nobody seems too bothered by the huge cat that just befriended the groups elven thief. The big feline seems to be purring something into Bonnie's ear. It sounds like normal cat noises to everyone else, but to Bonnie's amazement, she can actually understand what the cat is saying to her. :shock:

Actions?

Bonnie 6/6
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Keilif 7/9 0/3 first

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#255 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Loading his crossbow, Brufrig catches up with Keilif. Thank you. I'll go ahead in case we run into anything unfriendly. I'll follow this path unless it branches. Then I'll stop.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Storm11 »

Waes moves off with the others, weapon and shield at the ready.
Greys Campaign.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Urson »

Aldo

The cat leaps down and walks beside Bonnie, tail up
So, whatta we doin', Bonnie?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

"Oh, believe me, Aldo. I understand not being able to talk to people. Things get better.

Bonnie stretches a bit, pulls her bow and starts up the trail after Keilif.

"So Aldo, we're trying to reach a field or something up this trail that should have some people around. How did you get on this island, and how long have you been out here?

I knew it. I'm insane. This was bound to happen at some point, just thought I had more time. Hearing cats isn't that bad, really. I could smell of sour milk....

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

"Well we found a large cat, not quite the sleek black panther you were hoping for Ferris, more of a fleabag tabby. maybe some mage has lost its familiar? Certainly it seems intent on getting familiar with Bonnie.", comments Krystal as they continue forward, following the trail. She hurries after Brufrig at the point of the group as they meander along with cat in tow. At some point she side steps into the tree line,"Ladies needs,"she blushes, swatting at the mozzies which are creeping into her clothes.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#260 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Day 2
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping

The trip to the north continues as the group follows the river again for a short while. Bonnie and her new friend Aldo get acquainted along the way when suddenly, and with little explanation, Krystal slips into the jungle on the western side of the trail, opposite the river.

Franny looks perplexed when the elf announces that she would like some time for "ladies needs", but she says nothing about it. As the group waits for her return, they begin to hear the sounds of men's voices coming closer. The voices are echoing across the water and resonating in your direction, indicating that the men might be coming down the river towards you. They are mostly made up of strange bouts of shouting and laughing and there are at least 2 separate voices, possibly more. Peering through the trails tree branches and the thick overgrowth of the riverbank, you are just able to make out the flowing river, but have yet to see whoever is making the noise.

Actions?

Bonnie 6/6
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Keilif 7/9 0/3 first

Return to “Completed Missions”