Quest #3 "Zombie Stomping"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #3 "Zombie Stomping"

#141 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger agrees.

At least to the clearing, his breath comes in spurts.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#142 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Later Afternoon

The group decides to follow the wisdom of the druid, since they are currently all out in his main element.

They all reluctantly change positions again and begin walking east, back in the direction of the clearing and the safety of the much larger trail. Brufrig leads the way with his 5 foot long halberd poking around out in front of him. The party keeps a close eye on the weakened halfling as they travel, noticing that the trail is actually getting easier to traverse now with all of the recent foot traffic.

Making decent time, they soon find themselves back at the clearing where they first rested. The place still looks as it did when they left it a few hours ago. The woodsmen can tell by looking at the sky that they should now be able to make the logging trail before dark. If they hustle, they should be able to get back to town without having to spend too much time out here after dark. Maybe a few hours at most. It might be nice to get out of these insect swarms before bedding down for the night.

After a quick pause to have another drink, the party finds that their water reserves for the day are now completely consumed.

No baddies so far....
If you want to try to make it back to town, all I need to do is make a few rolls to see if you find any more company along the way. If you want to camp now, that is also an option.

Will you camp here, continue on to the trail, or all the way back?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen is keen to make for Beachtown.
Greys Campaign.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes is also of a mind to make for Beachtown.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger struggles.

I can hack it. I can hack it! He keeps repeating.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#146 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Now that our water skins are dry, I think we should try to get back to town tonight. The longer we wait, the worse we'll be. Plus, it'll be cooler than if we head back tomorrow.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

"Alright we go back but if we return we need to bring more stuff with us. Maybe we can hire one of the 'Beachtownies' to act as 'mule for us. A few silvers for lugging a tent and canteens of water?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"We certainly need to be better supplied when we return", agrees Wes. "But I think we should hold our return for a while too." He nods towards Brufrig and Ferris. "Looking at it now, I think you fellers had the right idea: search for a few things around Beachtown, cut our teeth a little, before we venture too deep back into here. This place is...unforgiving".

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#149 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Late Afternoon/Early Evening

The group reluctantly gets up and resumes its difficult march back out of the tangled bush, keeping a sharp eye on the little halfling that could. They desperately want to get back to Beachtown so they can get a drink and take a rest. Although not yet overly experienced in the rigors of adventuring, this day has been one of the hardest times you have had so far in your short careers. Everyone in the group is completely exhausted, even the ones who aren't heavily encumbered. Those of you with armor, many weapons, and heavy gear are nearly spent. Every one of you is badly scratched, drenched in sweat, and covered in stings and bites from the horrible ubiquities insects.

After another long walk, Brufrig gratefully starts to see some things that he remembers, signs of being nearly back to the far easier to traverse main loggers trail. Suddenly, just up ahead on the last little stretch of trail, he spots something through the bush coming straight towards the group. The dwarf stops abruptly and holds up his hand to those behind him, hoping they will also stop.

The figure is alone and appears to be about man sized. It is hard to make out definition through all of the thick vines and bush. It looks as though he is on the trail that you had previously cut to get in this far and headed straight for you.

Actions?

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey will quietly step to the side of the trail and prepare for the eventuality that the "newcomer" should prove hostile. He'll grasp a pinch of sand from his component pouch and ready himself to cast Sleep. "Identify yourself, if you please!" he cries out in a firm voice. "A warning: we are all a bit edgy, due to universal crankiness resulting from discomfort and exhaustion!"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen will heft his flail and shield before him in a defensive stance, moving to stand in front of the severely injured halfling. He will nod at the magic-user's words and look for a suitably amiable response from the stranger approaching.

If whomever it is threatens them physically he will leap to the attack
Greys Campaign.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger

A heavy sigh issues from the wounded Hobbit, then nothing. He's gone. In everyone's haste to protect him, he pulls one of his vanishing tricks into the undergrowth.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by ravenn4544 »

The stranger from the trail speaks calmly but keeps to the comfort of the tree line for now...."Easy now, fellas... nothing to fear from me... Is it what lies further down this track that has you out of sorts? I've never passed this trail before and now I'm wondering if I should continue......"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Storm11 »

"Do you have any water to share sir, we are mighty parched?"the half-orc asks hopefully, giving what he hopes is his most affecting grin, but more likely looks like a snarl
Greys Campaign.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#155 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

"Never mind the water, hand over your gold!" says the gnome, pointing an unloaded contraption in the newcomers direction. "Only joking... liquid gold we can get at the bar once we've cleared the jungle of zombies. Seen any dead men wandering around here? The trail was used by the walking deceased, though they shambled off without us tracking them. "

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#156 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Straining their eyes to see through the thick vegetation, the party sees a slightly familiar face scrutinizing their group. You believe that this human was also on the ship with you, though he kept to himself the whole time, as rangers sometimes do. Some of you remember him being a pretty good shot when fighting the whales and then again with the beach zombies.

He seems harmless enough at first glance, but keeps himself off a wary distance anyway. He doesn't look anywhere near as scratched up and bitten as you all are, perhaps he hasn't been in the bush very long.

His water skin looks plenty full for everyone to have at least a small drink. :D

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by ravenn4544 »

The stranger shakes his head -"dead man walking? Not since the attack on the town recently. Is that what you found down this track? I'm happy to share some water if you don't mind sharing what you ran up against?" He does keep his eyes on the party while slowly un-slinging his water skin and tossing it to the half-orc who asked first...

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"No dead folks down here that we've seen", answers Wes. "A couple of us might have come close though. If the wildlife and bugs down here don't finish you off, the lack of water surely will".

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen takes a careful swig, and slaps his jaws as the refreshing liquid passes down his parched throat.

"Ah but that is good thank you good sir," he says handing the skin back appreciatively.

"We have been chasing the zombies that fled the attack on beachtown, but seem to have gotten a bit sidetracked. We are returning to town to rest and recover, we foolishly didn't make sure we were all fully healed and rested before we left. Next time will be different."
Greys Campaign.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#160 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Well met, friend. My name is Brufrig. What should we call you? To answer your question, we were attacked by a large, hairy beast. Did you see any of its remains on the trail? There were two of them. One made a bunch of noise to make us focus in one direction and then the other pounced from a different direction. We also came across a giant jungle cat. That is what almost killed one of our group, Lightfinger, there- He stops abruptly as he turns to gesture at the halfling, only to discover he was nowhere to be seen. Well, he was here just a minute ago.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Completed Missions”