Quest #1 "Loggers Run"

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #1 "Loggers Run"

#361 Post by Spearmint »

Miss Tal

"Looks all dressed up ready for church, maybe going to a tea party, or a funeral. Maybe hers...!" says Krystal

"Strange an old lady all alone would be here, mind you I have heard of similar religious 'mela' gatherings in the east continent where senile old people are taken hundreds of miles on pilgrimages to bathe in the holy waters of the Ganges and then dumped by the riverbank, relative told "oh grandma died on the way back."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey will scuttle up next to Jack, cautiously, trying to make out the "grandma" from a safe distance. "Do you think it's a witch? Or a hag? ...A well dressed nymph?... or ...perhaps it is just a regular "grandma," as you say? One with a proclivity for long, bug-ridden, solitary jungle walks?" he says, squinting suspiciously at the figure.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by Urson »

Luther

She looks like trouble. Alone, out here in the jungle? By all means, we should check her out- but be wary.

Luther stays where he is, arrow nocked.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#364 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

I'll go check it out. I don't think there is anything to fear from the body on the ground, but keep an open eye for an ambush.

Brufrig will advance at a normal pace, halberd in hand but not in a ready position. When he gets 20 feet from the body, he will stop, look around, and ready his weapon. If he sees nothing (and nothing happens) he will cautiously advance, calling out to the person in the road. Hello! Are you ok? I'm here to help you. When he is able to get a good look at the body so he may assess the situation, he will stop, only approaching to make contact if everything seems safe.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#365 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brufrig the dwarf begins to advance on the figure lying in the trail when suddenly he and a few others spot something very strange. The bonnet wearing "grandma" lifts her head off the ground slightly and looks in your direction, then immediately drops her head back to the trail.

The dwarf stops abruptly and calls out a greeting. There is no answer and nobody in the group spots any more movement from granny. Jack looks all around the area, thinking that this is certainly some type of game they are all playing in. He easily spots two more people hiding very poorly in the wet trees, one on each side of the trail.

Actions?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger melts into the greenery.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:

Jack happily points at the two people playing hide and seek and yells at the top of his little lungs: "Okay, you two! We see you! Come on out! Ollie, ollie, oxen free!"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Scott308

#368 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Hearing Jack announce the presence of others, the dwarf will ready his halberd and advance upon the "body", attacking at the slightest provocation.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#370 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny looks around for any others that may may be trying to sneak up on the group from behind. Brufrig, what's going on with the old lady, why is she there?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Irritated by the seemingly amateur hour distraction, Bonnie pulls her bow and scans the treetops for activity. "It has to be a diversion. Right?"

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:

Delighted with this unexpected game, Jack looks around, seeking more hiders. "Come out, come out, wherever you are!"
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal moves to the back of the group, trying to judge the distances so that she is away from any AoE caused by spells such as sleep or entangle. Rogues are known to ply their trade on such unsuspecting groups so she draws her longsword and waits for these people to either identify themselves or move on.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Urson »

Luther

Luther prepares to fire on the person to the right of the trail Enough silly shit, people!

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Looks to his feet for a rock or two to make ready for throwing or, if need be, bashing in skulls. He's in no mood. As he does this, he moves back with Krystal, knowing he is in no condition for hard melee.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#377 Post by OGRE MAGE »

A Good Place For A Stick-up

The astute adventurers aren't really fooled by this obvious diversion, well, most of them aren't. When Brufrig draws closer, the "granny" jumps up and confronts the lone dwarf holding a staff in a aggressive manner.
IMG_0872.JPG
IMG_0872.JPG (24.2 KiB) Viewed 288 times
Just then the two badly hidden men also jump out of the tree line, brandishing short swords and wearing patchwork leather armor.

Granny speaks for the group.
"Alrighty den folks. Dis here is what's known as a rubbery. You all just hand over every bit a yer coin and magic, an we won't have to kill you."

All three actually seem quite serious about this.

Actions?

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:

Jack's not sure what this game is, but he likes it!

Smiling broadly, he nocks an arrow and says in a childish sing-song taunt, "No, you hand over every bit of your coin and magic and we won't have to kill you!"
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by Urson »

Luther

The ranger doesn't bother to reply, just shoots the guy to the right of the trail.

init. [1d10] = 4
attack [1d20] = 18
arrow [1d6] = 3

attack [1d20] = 14
arrow [1d6] = 2

Scott308

#380 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Looks like you picked the wrong people to try to "rub," the dwarf says as he swings his halberd at granny.

Return to “Completed Missions”