Quest #1 "Loggers Run"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #1 "Loggers Run"

#381 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger moves like a cat.

Knowing his own injuries endanger the party as well as himself, the handsome Halfling works his way thru the jungle parallel to the trail, hoping to find himself behind the highwaymen.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by Spearmint »

Miss Tal

"Amateurs!" is all Krystal says, shaking her heads at the trio. She side steps into the trees not wanting to tangle with these men and wary of perhaps another bunch having hid behind us. I mean we are slightly outnumbering them 3-1 so either they lack wisdom as well as guile or some back up is about.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Seeing the flurry of action in front of her, Bonnie picks out the guy on the left of the path and lets two arrows fly. After firing, she keeps an eye out above.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#384 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny goes off to look for any other "bandits" that may lie in waiting. She readies her battle-axe before entering into the woods.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey, backs away slightly and calmly holds his action, curious to see if any other "bandits" make themselves known. He's not inclined to waste a spell on some law-flouting idiots who seem easily handled by martial means.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#386 Post by OGRE MAGE »

And They Said The Jungle Was Dangerous?
Mid Afternoon, Hot and Cloudy

If this newly formed band of brigands would have only known just how dangerous it would be out here, they might have came up with a better career choice. It takes all of one sentence before the group simply opens fire on the hapless idiots. They aren’t allowed the privilege a second sentence.

Brufrig nonchalantly chops at the human garbed in the dress and bonnet, not waiting for a second demand. He brutally murders the idiot who falls disemboweled at the dwarfs feet. Luther and Bonnie take down the two advancing swordsmen with arrows to their chests, killing them both instantly without a second thought.

All of the others either slip into the trees, move into position, or look around for any others that must be about to jump into the fight. However, there are no others to be found and this fight seems to be over before it even began. In fact, the aggressors never even had the chance to raise their weapons to you before being brutally cut down. Jack looks around confused, waiting for the game to get good. He didn’t like the idea of killing the sleeping gourd men, so he is a bit astonished that these three people were so easily done away with by the others.

Keilif rushes up to help the disemboweled man, but it is already too late. He looks up from his knees at Brufrig with accusing eyes, but doesn't say a word to the dwarf while the now dead mans blood still drips from his blade. He then looks to Luther and lastly to Bonnie, shooting daggers at them from his eyes. He speaks softly under his breath as he stands up again and begins walking the final mile back to Beachtown alone. "I think I am done here! They did nothing to us! What is wrong with you animals? Since I have come to this island, I have been forced to do a few things that I didn't like, but I will rot in the lowest levels of hell before I EVER help another one of you murderers out."

The three men continue to bleed their last few drops into the dirt as the sea priest quickens his pace towards town. Turning his back to you, he gladly leaves the 10 of you remaining behind.

Monocar 5/12
Luther 7/13
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Jack 4/10 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Bonnie 6/6
Raythan 6/6 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first / 0/3 first (cleric)
Franny Buurlslammer 12/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 15/15
Lightfinger 5/7
Chauncey the Adequate 6/6 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by Urson »

Luther

May your God be with you! Luther calls out to the departing Keilif.

Monocar- there may be something you can use on these thugs. Luther moves to the man he shot to retrieve his arrows.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Spearmint »

Miss Tal'

Krystal looks at the three dead people."Oh they look proper dead. Was that one a transvestite bandit? Maybe he killed 'grandma' like in the fairy stories and dressed up to catch Little Red Riding Hood. . I mean he does seem to have rather a wolfish grin on his face doesn't he?" she says innocently and rushes along in case more 'wolves-in-sheeps' clothing are hidden in the trees.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

He watches the cleric leave in a pout, something stirring in the back of his mind telling him he maybe should feel a little guilty or something like that...

Nodding at Luther's words and walks forward, hoping to find pants and a boot. Anything weapon wise would be welvome as well. He eyes the three to see which is closest to his size.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie seems a bit surprised at Keilif's words, then shrugs. "They knew what could happen when they attempted to rob an armed group. Should we have waited until they came to rob us while we were sleeping?"

She goes to retrieve an arrow, and check the body.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger emerges from the foliage.

The Hobbit watches the Priest stomp off for a moment before turning to the party. Did he call us "murderers?" For defending ourselves? I suppose then these miscreants were simply offering collectors?

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#392 Post by Nuke66 »

Raythan watches the reactions, still not yet forming any opinion.

"Let's just back to town."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#393 Post by OGRE MAGE »

And They Said The Jungle Was Dangerous?
Late Afternoon, Hot and Cloudy

Despite the overreaction of the departing priest, the remaining group is pleased to see that there are no more hidden idiots to deal with. Luther and Bonnie retrieve an arrow each and check over the dead bodies. These young men had little to their names. In fact, other than granny's staff, 2 shortswords, 3 sets of patchwork leather armor, and their own personal clothing, they have nothing else on them.

Monocar picks through the meager scraps, finding nothing anywhere near his giant size on these 3 average to smallish sized humans. He could take one right boot from them, but he would have to cut the toe end completely off in order to get his big hoof in there.

Bonnie searches all of the bodies, hoping for a few more spoils and wondering how these men could have come out here with almost nothing on them. In the pocket of “granny”, she finds a hand written note scribbled in pencil. The writing looks vaguely familiar to the trained professional.

It reads:

Stephan,
I am glad that you and your friends finally decided to come along to the island. I know that you have had your share of troubles in the past, but out here we can put that all behind us. I think that this place will make a man of you and teach you a few things about life in the process. I know that you want to make a new start for yourself and that is why you eventually decided to come here. I wish you the very best in this endeavor and I know deep down that you will finally make something better for yourself here. Please try to stay out of trouble and don’t harass the hard working townsfolk with your usual shenanigans.

Wishing you all the very best that the island has to offer,
Your uncle Nehru
Some of the group gets anxious about getting themselves the rest of the short way back to town.

Monocar 5/12
Luther 7/13
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Jack 4/10 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Bonnie 6/6
Raythan 6/6 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first / 0/3 first (cleric)
Franny Buurlslammer 12/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 15/15
Lightfinger 5/7
Chauncey the Adequate 6/6 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#394 Post by Nuke66 »

Raythan picks up the staff "This might come in handy" He waves it around before commenting.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar "I need to cover my dangly bits a little more" Jemara

He finds the biggest boot he can and cuts off the toe with one of the swords before shoving his foot inside. His toes hang out the end, but he is just happy for the relief. He goes ahead and strips the bodies of the rest of their clothing, hoping to patchwork something together later, and he will try to sell the other 3 boots. Unless someone chooses to stop him, he will claim both swords and look them over for markings, then does the same for the leathers.

Listening to them read the note he stands there a moment with the same empty look in his eyes, then begins to drag one of the bodies off the trail and into the bushes on the side. With any luck, the ants will take them away.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Watches Monocar drag a body off, then suddenly comes to a realization.
"Wait! If I read this note correctly, this man was the nephew of the de facto leader of beachtown." Bonnie stops a second to let that sink in. "We need to agree as to how to proceed."

Bonnie lowers her head and quietly ponders "It may do Mr. Nehru no good to learn that the final act of his nephew was to try and rob others."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#397 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

I was thinking we could take the bodies back to town, so anyone that had been robbed by these guys would know they are dead and won't bother anyone again. We don't know for sure this is Mr. Nehru's nephew. Maybe he stole the note from someone else.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger jumps up and down nervously.

But if it IS Nehru's kin, He chatters, hands to mouth, We'll be blamed for his death! There really is no way to know the extent of his resources, until he unleashes them on us. The long-locked Hobbit glances this way and that. Best we hide the bodies, and tell no one of this encounter. Claim ignorance; it's always worked for me.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Inside, there is quite the debate going on....
Cherub: We should take the bodies back and admit to what happened honestly! It was self-defense, plain and simple. There are few laws, if any, protecting highwaymen. Honesty is the best policy and the Laws will be on our side.

Imp: Laws? What laws do you think there are out here besides eat or get eaten? Leave the bodies in the brush and let the bugs and other creepers get them. Burn the damn note while we are at it and make a clean break. Besides, we didn't do any of the killing, we hung back and just witnessed it.

ID: Giggling as he watching the argument.

Cherub: All the more reason to admit to what happened and leave it in the open!

Imp: Guilt by association!

Cherub: Everyone will agree it is self-defense! There is no reason to hide this!

Imp: What about that uppity cleric? He'll squeal regardless. What do we do about him? Even if we are all "honest" about it... he will make up out to be cold blooded killers just to see us lynched.

Id: Cackles with delight.

Cherub: He was distraught! Besides, Monocar didn't have to try to strangle him...

Imp: Hey! It was also self-defense! He thought he was still fighting... besides... much as I support him... I wasn't driving then!

Cherub looks over to Id and grimaces but does nod in understanding. "Well, what to do then?"

Id: Pulls out a megaphone and begins screaming into it. "THEY'RE GONNA KILL YOU! THEY'RE GONNA KILL YOU! THEY'RE GONNA KILL YOU! THEY'RE GONNA KILL YOU! THEY'RE GOING TO TAR AND FEATHER YOU! THEY'RE GOING TO STRETCH YOUR NECK FROM ONE OF THOSE BLACK TREES! tHE ANTS WILL EAT YOU INSIDE OUT! THE LADIES WILL SEE YOU CRAP YOURSELF WHEN THEY DO! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Imp: :shock:

Cherub: "............That..... didn't help..."
Monocar to the group. "We have to kill the cleric."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#400 Post by Urson »

Luther

The ranger pauses for a second, processing what Monocar said. Wait- what? Why the hells would we need to kill the cleric?
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Return to “Completed Missions”