Quest #1 "Loggers Run"

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #1 "Loggers Run"

#401 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal goes back to the lodgings she has. After resting she will track down Bonnie. [/b]"There was some wizened old mage fellow in the camp I recall. Lets' go find him,"

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#402 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Killing the fools before conversing with them was, perhaps, a bit harsh. I could have Ensleepened them had the need arose. Still, they were brigands and flouters of the law and thus asked for what they got, after a fashion. I have little sympathy for criminal idiots, be they nephews of prominent citizens or no..." he says. At Monocar's uncharacteristic mention of cold-blooded murder, he straightens. "Monocar, I see you are a bit out of sorts after your ordeal, but please, let us not talk of killing any clerics, I presume to silence them. We've committed no crime as of yet, and we shouldn't start now. Now, shall we resume our journey?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by Urson »

Luther

Maybe so- but I've just gotten back from being all but dead. I don't have time or patience to deal with idiots like these three. If there's trouble, lay it on me- I shot first. Let's get back to town before something smells the corpses and comes to feed.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Looks blankly at Luthar but a moment later he looks at Chauncey and there seems to be more receptive, a fsint glimmer in his eye of something making it through as he drops the body. He stands waiting for a party decision.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by Urson »

Luther

Bring along the fella that had the note. If it's Nehru's nephew, at least he'll know what happened to the boy.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#406 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:

"Come out! Come out... where... ev..."

Jack is surprised that the game wasn't a game, and that now it was suddenly over in a fierce spate of bloodshed and harsh words.

"Wait. They were real bandits who were serious when they said they would kill us?!" the astonished boy asks no one in particular. "...But... why?"

Jack slowly resumes point and heads out.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by tkrexx »

Bring along the fella that had the note. If it's Nehru's nephew, at least he'll know what happened to the boy.
Lightfinger points an accusing finger.

I don't know that Human, He glares in horror, Who ARE you, what have you done with the Bear-Man?? Loomis, once it's been learned we are responsible for the boy's death, there is no law on this island! Nehru could be within his rights to make jerky of us all and over-price it to the next batch of adventurers. Let's plant the lad shallow, and look the other way. I bought you a score arrows, and I intend to see you use them!
Don't let this outburst sway party consensus, I have no preference. Just Lightfinger IC.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#408 Post by Nuke66 »

Raythan says a prayer to free their souls before turning and saying "Leave 'em where they lie."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#409 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Almost Home
Late Afternoon

Raythan grabs the staff from the dead granny and waves it around. He says a prayer over the dead, ready to depart. Monocar fashions a boot out of two normal boots and makes one semi-viable article of footwear. He mindlessly begins dragging bodies into the bush.

After much deliberation, the many membered group seems to be at an impasse. (These things are bound to happen in such large groups of strong minded individuals. ;)) Some believe the bodies should be discarded in the jungle to be cleaned up by nature. Others think the best move is to bring them back to town. Monocar suggests the group murder Keilif next. The party continues the debate as a feeling of foreboding begins to set in about the fresh meat lying around them.

Krystal begins walking back towards town alone with the intention of finding Lightfinger's mysterious wizard. Jack rushes up to her to regain his lead.

Okay, I will need to know what you do with the bodies before I can proceed to town. In the instance of multiple views with no decision, I will let the leader of the mission decide. (Bonnie)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#410 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf wraps a loop of his rope around the feet of Mr. Nehru's alleged nephew and begins dragging the body back to town. I killed him. If he's gonna be mad at anyone it'll be me. Do what you will with the other bodies. I think we should take 'em back to town, but... he shrugs as he continues walking.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#411 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger facepalms.

We're gonna die, He groans, They're gonna hang us from the tallest tree and feed us to the Monkoons. Nehru's gonna give me to Nalissa, and she'll squash me, even if unintentionally. Worse, they might make me return to Bart & Bernie, and force me to stand there while that dunce taps ax to hand, just to wager on how long it takes me to commit suicide.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Hears the holy man say his prayers and then say, "leave them where they lie." That's authoritative enough for him. The then watches Brufrig begin dragging the suspected nephew. Another glimmer of awarness and he is catching up to the burdened dwarf in three bih strides and grabbs up "nephew's" shoulders and helps him down the path wirelessly.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by Urson »

Luther
The ranger follows the others, keeping an arrow knocked and watching the undergrowth for any more interruptions.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"I suppose this may lead to unfavorable trading conditions... Pardon me, even less favorable trading conditions," says Chauncey. "Still, taking the boy back with us is the correct thing to do, I believe." He doesn't seem to notice or consider the bodies of the other "bandits" as he sets out with the rest of the party.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:

On the trail back to Beachtown, Jack keeps ahead of Krystal. He doesn't trust the evil wicked mean nasty lady. Also, he wants to be first.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#416 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That makes 4, I think. :D

Which might be a majority since 3 members have already left. If I don't hear any more opposition to Brufrigs action, that is what I will be going with.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie, surprisingly content to sit back and watch events unfold, shrugs and starts walking. "I will back you Brufrig, if there is a problem." Bonnie keeps the note and leaves the other two bodies where they lay.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#418 Post by OGRE MAGE »

There And Back Again
Early Evening, Nearing Sundown, Hot and Cloudy

Bonnie stashes Mr. Nehru's note on her person and agrees that the man should be brought back to Beachtown, so the dilapidated party moves along. Simply ignoring the other two dead bodies, they drag the note baring granny back to town with them.

The group finally arrives back at the beach, soaking wet from the long rain and covered in bug bites and stings. It appears that there was another ship that landed while they were away as there are a few more strangers bumbling around town trying to find lodgings before darkness sets in. Once catching sight of the water, there is indeed a large sailing vessel far off on the horizon and a few crates of supplies are being carried up the long floating dock towards the back of the Hi-Lo.

The party members go about their business as the townies prepare for another night on this mysterious island.

Go ahead and post away here or in the town threads if there is anything special that you would like to do. Once everyone is content to press on to the morning, I will advance the action to Moonday. Don't forget to check the XP thread for any possible rewards. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#419 Post by OGRE MAGE »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Quest #1 "Loggers Run"

Raythan, Bonnie, Franny, Krystal, Jack, Luther, and Monocar Made their way up the loggers trail to learn information about the jungle from the loggers. You learned about Lignum trees and that the loggers aren't really loggers. You have also learned of flamboyant captain called Stew Bing.

Krystal, Jack, Luther, and Monocar defeated 28 of the vegepygmy monsters. Luther also found the trail that the zombies used to get into Beachtown.

Monsters = 2800xp

Non Monetary Treasure = 0

Mission Accomplished = 700

Raythan, Bonnie, and Franny will receive 100xp each.

Krystal, Jack, Luther, and Monocar will receive 800xp each.

Return to “Completed Missions”