Quest #8 "Bring Me The Sea Monsters Head"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Quest #8 "Bring Me The Sea Monsters Head"

#401 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Of course there is a random encounter to deal with along the way.... :roll: :lol: I got this.....

Heading Back
Sunday, 28th of Reaping
Mean Green Is Getting Well Done
Early Afternoon, Sunny, Humid, Buggy

Chauncey is extremely excited about what his new magic item might be used for in the betterment of everyone, though few of the others share in his enthusiasm. He logically devises a plan to keep its use fair and even, also suggesting that everyone remaining except the dog should take one of the procured pearls. The 7 gems are divvied up equally amongst the group as they take their leave of the tattered net and the bloody battle site. 100gp pearl each

The party heads out, keeping a sharp eye out for any other trouble. Once they get a few hundred yards towards town, they all hear a loud, horrifying screech coming from just over the tops of the trees. A huge shadow forms on the sand just before the freaked out group sees what is making the noise.

A huge, flying monster storms over the trees, heading straight for the smoke rising up from the smoldering scrag. It's screeching sends a shiver down your sweaty spines when it flies just over your heads. You can easily see its thick claws and know it could grab any one of you and fly off if it wanted to. Instead, it flies over to the burning troll parts.
IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG (45.24 KiB) Viewed 326 times
One by one it picks up the burning appendages, then flies them over and drops them into the water. Once they are thoroughly doused, the flying lizard flips them into the air and gulps them down its huge gullet like a feasting pelican. It continues this process until the entire thing is completely consumed.

The party sticks close to the tree line and picks up the pace on the rest of the way back to town. They arrive unscathed but with slightly soiled shorts, nearly two hours later.

Final Actions?

If you have anything else to add to this thread, feel free. I will assume that everyone wants to go along to see the monkoons and deliver the head. We can pick up with that action in the proper thread right here.

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6655&p=341473#p341473

If you don't wat to go along, go ahead and post your intentions in one of the other appropriate threads. Thanks and great job with the troll, everyone!
:D

Luther R2 2/20
Chauncey MU2 10/10 CL, DM, RM, 0/2 first
Saracen 12/12 0/3 first
Avaala 3/5 CL, DM, RM, 0/1 first
Rollo 14/17
Monocar F2 21/21
Alordan R2 13/13
Lightfinger T2 10/10

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #8 "Bring Me The Sea Monsters Head"

#403 Post by Urson »

Luther

Only if it bothers us. The fewer predators you kill, the healthier the herds are- and the more of them you can harvest. Ranger Jax taught me that, and I've seen it myself as well.

Despite that, he studies the Flyer as best he can, looking for weaknesses.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Return to “Completed Missions”