It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 pm
Posts: 252
Pulpatoon wrote:
Virmel the Worm whines: "I assume it has occurred to us all that if these beetles are some chitinous manner of guard dog, stationed at these passageways, then they must have masters—people, alive and with resources they wish to protect, here in this seemingly abandoned ruin in the middle of barren waste. What an extraordinary thought!"


Yisun turns to face Virmel. As usual his face is an inscrutable mask as she shrugs his shoulders. "Small, big, bug is bug. Hau, maybe we should lure bug up with bait instead of wasting arrows? Cut hand off, maybe pull out guts of dead man in door, tie to rope and dangle. Make bug crawl up, we keel it."

_________________
My humble blog: https://thegelatinouscube.net


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:00 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Florin "Maybe someone hurls some magic or fire at the bugs and burns them where they are. After all a keel is a keel right?"

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2236
Location: Baltimore MD
Actions?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:04 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2704
Rojo the Rat

Rojo will shrug. "I've got arrows... anyone want to try shooting the other one...?"

He'll then get back into his awkward position and try to shoot the beetle again.

Short Bow (+2 aimed, +1 dex): [1d20+3] = 7+3 = 10 [1d6] = 2


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Florin "So no interest in the levers in the statutes above? Alright guess I'll go back up and start pulling levers.."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:27 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2704
After missing that shot, Rojo will shake his head, and try lobbing a flask of oil...

Florin can feel free to explore the levers up there...
Do you have a plan for them?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
No formal plan mostly just try one at a time and see if someone can relay if they see or hear anything down below. Basically trial and error by fire.

Florin "Alright fine I'll deal with the bug issue first i guess, don't go lobbing any oil on me." going over to the same tube he climbed up into the statue the fighter will climb down and see what the bug does when he is almost to the floor level where the bug is. Then taking one hand to hold onto the ladder and the other to take out his sword he will prepare to fight the creature if need arises to do so.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:00 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:28 am
Posts: 149
Location: Canton, NY
Urrok will prepare to descend the ladder after Florin. I'll be right behind you for backup.

_________________
Playing: At the Forest's Edge: Desmond Halfling Vagabond
The Northern Marches: Hengist Cleric of Baudh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2236
Location: Baltimore MD
Rojo's second arrow is noticed by the beetles and they are much more agitated now. As Florin descends the ladder and the beetles (3 of them in all) begin to move towards the area below his tube.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Florin "Well damn you got their attention now Rojo. I think I'll be needing a bit more help dispatching the three bugs." he yells back up the tube. Then trying to stab the closest one with his sword while holding onto the ladder with the other hand.
I don't have any macros made up for battle yet so I need a bit of guidance for this...hope I did this right used the STR bonuses for hit and dmg

Long Sword (STR +1 Hit Mod| +1 Dmg Mod) [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 to Hit [1d8+1] = 2+1 = 3 Dmg

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:47 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2236
Location: Baltimore MD
Make a DEX check for holding on one-handed and swinging a sword.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
ybn1197 wrote:
Make a DEX check for holding on one-handed and swinging a sword.


Dex 9 [1d20] = 3

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2236
Location: Baltimore MD
Florin swings his sword at the nearest beetle, hitting the hard carapace. However, he is very clumsy at the attempt, the sword glancing harmlessly off the beetle as he looses his grip on the ladder and falls the short distance to the floor.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Florin tries to get up before he is covered in giant beetles and tries to fight them off. Though apparently the short fall has addled his senses. Long Sword (STR +1 Hit Mod| +1 Dmg Mod) [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3 to Hit [1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4 Dmg

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:28 am
Posts: 149
Location: Canton, NY
Urrok will finish climbing down and attack a beetle.

(Spear to hit) [1d20] = 7

_________________
Playing: At the Forest's Edge: Desmond Halfling Vagabond
The Northern Marches: Hengist Cleric of Baudh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:33 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2704
Rojo the Rat

Rojo comes down to assist, drawing his scimitar to attack.

To Hit Scimitar: [1d20] = 8[1d8] = 5


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group