Chapter 1: Out of the Frying Pan...

ybn1197
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1: Out of the Frying Pan...

#21 Post by Pulpatoon »

Virmel does his half-hearted best to investigate the statues, poking and prodding and pushing to see if anything shifts, but wincing away from the sun-heated metal. To Yisun and Urrok: "It's hot! I may have burnt myself quite badly. Perhaps one of you should give it a try."

DavetheLost
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by DavetheLost »

Urrok says I see nothing but windblown sand and ruins. No relief from sun and wind, and more importantly no food or water. These statues look poor hosts and unlikely to provide us with either. I fear we have little choice but to try the passage within the pyramid. It cannot lead to worse than what awaits us out here.
Playing: At the Forest's Edge: Desmond Halfling Vagabond
The Northern Marches: Hengist Cleric of Baudh

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by drpete »

Rojo the Rat

Rojo continues trying to find a way to open/close the door from the inside, or maybe traps or writing on the inside of the door. Does it look possible to open it from within (if it closes on the beastman, or we move that body)?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Florin "Do we really want to close that door behind us? I'm just thinking it would be nice to have a exit we can easily find if inside this place turns out to be maze like as I suspect it shall."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by ybn1197 »

drpete wrote:Rojo the Rat

Rojo continues trying to find a way to open/close the door from the inside, or maybe traps or writing on the inside of the door. Does it look possible to open it from within (if it closes on the beastman, or we move that body)?
Rojo looks around but is unable to find anything that would open the door again should it be closed. There are no further traps or any writing on the inside of the door. From what he can see, once closed the door will blend in with the surrounding surfaces.

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Griffith »

Dwernoc: "If we have decided that we want the door open, I suggest we leave the body where it is. It is not the most ideal doorstop, but it is likely the best we will find in this wasteland. Unless someone wants to trek out into the ruins and drag back a boulder...?"
Last edited by Griffith on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Florin "Well truly for my peace of mind if we can prove that once closed we can locate and reopen the same door then i don't mind closing it and removing the dead body."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Griffith »

Dwernoc "Agreed"

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Tamerlaine »

"Hau!" Yisun agrees while gesturing with one hand as if it added volumes to his parsed speech. "Much time wasted. No choice. Must go forward."

Then he glances at Rojo. "Send Rat in first. We follow."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Pulpatoon »

Virmel returns from atop the pyramid. "You're making plans without me? No, that's fine. To be expected, really."

The Worm prods the beast-man body with his toe. "Some bones are stronger than others, you know. Or do you? I don't suppose everyone has studied anatomy. Anyway, if we want to use this poor codswallop as a door-stop, we could arrange the body in a way to make it a stronger one."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by ybn1197 »

Prodding the body, Virmel sees that though the body has become dried and desiccated from the heat of the desert, it is still very much intact and the bones are strong enough to maintain as a doorstop for quite some time.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Pulpatoon »

Virmel tries to wedge the legs of the body across the opening. "Thigh bones are very strong. Known to sages as the... uhm... upper leggus maximus."

DavetheLost
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by DavetheLost »

Perhaps we should leave the door open, at least a small bit, Urrok says, it will provide us with some light to see our way by. I do not like the thought of groping our way in the dark. I have a few candles, but they will not burn for ever, so best to save them while we can.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by ybn1197 »

Actions?

GreyWolfVT

#35 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Florin will leave the body alone and await for an all clear before entering the structure. "Are we sure there are no traps before we all start filing in through the door?"

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Pulpatoon »

Once he is satisfied that he has effectively wedged the door open in as structurally sound a manner as one can achieve with beast-man remains, Virmel the Worm takes a tentative step into the interior of the temple. He begins examining the walls and floor.

DavetheLost
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by DavetheLost »

Urrok will cautiously advance inwards holding his spear before him at the ready to probe ahead or fend off attacks as needed.

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Griffith »

Dwernoc stands up and dusts himself off. He adjusts his turban and follows the others into the passageway. He will position himself in the marching order near the other two magic users. He stays alert, looking and listensing for any danger coming near.

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Florin remains standing near the entry door eyeing the dead body holding it open. "Don't forget to check for traps."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Pulpatoon »

Virmel: "Traps! Yes, someone please tend to that! And I shall use my mystical senses to check for less... material threats, hmm?"

Skill test: Detect Magic: [1d20+3] = 1+3 = 4

The Worm claps his hands with satisfaction. "None! I'm pleased to assure you that we have not so much as a driblet of arcane threat to worry about."

Return to “The Lost City (Crypts & Things)”