It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 44  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13977
Ulster gawks at all the...stuff. Whatsises. Thingies.

"Whatever they are, they aren't natural. Might be useful, though."

With Ulster's low intelligence, he'll stay out of figuring out what the things do. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:38 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Dieter - Mage

Interesting.... Dieter hits the device with a detect magic spell from his staff. Yes, very nice, is it not Grimes? I think this is a weapon.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:06 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Chicago, IL
Craigers07 wrote:
Furuk - Fighter

Furuk checks out 55.

[1d10] = 9[1d10] = 6[1d10] = 5[1d10] = 1[1d10] = 5

He slips his arm through the opening and grabs the grip.


Furuk slips his arm in and, when he grabs the grip the thing shoots a beam. Luckily he misses his companions. He figures out that the mesh hood and glasses need to be worn to effectively use the unwieldy thing. Again, luckily he does so without injuring anyone. He soon discovers how to direct the red beam it emits.

Image

spanningtree wrote:
Dieter - Mage

Interesting.... Dieter hits the device with a detect magic spell from his staff. Yes, very nice, is it not Grimes? I think this is a weapon.


The objects do not appear to be magical.

badams30 wrote:
Grimes - Fighter
OOC: Grimes will help gather these things, but he's very careful and leery of what could happen.


OOC: After Furuk's misfire, does Grimes still gather these things that could easily go off? If so, roll a d20. :twisted:

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 39/40 < Cure Light Wounds x6,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead,plane shift >
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
Ulster 62/62 < see char sheet >
Dieter 42/42 < see char sheet >
--Algrim 70/70


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1114
Location: Apex, NC
Grimes - Fighter

Grimes shakes his head and says "I think we should take this stuff, but we probably need to figure them out before we pack them up. I don't want to put one of those beams or whatever it is on someone. It doesn't look too healthy..."

OOC: Yikes. I think we should take these, but maybe our smart folks should figure them out, or maybe we check those microfilm things for instructions...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13977
Grabbing things and looking for instructions sounds like a pretty good idea.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Dieter - Mage


Excellent Furuk! Yes, perhaps there are instructions... Castinus seemed able to coax information from that machine, maybe we try again. Let's take these items and move onto the next room. Dieter will leave the beam device on his wrist for now.

OCC: How many of each device are there?

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:57 am
Posts: 429
Location: Pembroke, NH
Castinus - human thief

Castinus grabs the other device with the eyepiece (55). He fixes what he assumes are the glasses over his eyes, then starts fidgeting with the buttons, similar to how Dieter did.

[1d10] = 9
[1d10] = 9
[1d10] = 9
[1d10] = 2
[1d10] = 5

_________________
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:30 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:48 pm
Posts: 150
Furuk - Fighter

"Sorry about that! Make sure you put the hood on too Castinus!"

"Let's take what we can here and move on."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:41 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Algrim after the near miss back out into the hallway "Think I'll stand watch out here, dun need ta get me arse shot."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:24 am 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Chicago, IL
tumblingdice wrote:
Castinus - human thief

Castinus grabs the other device with the eyepiece (55). He fixes what he assumes are the glasses over his eyes, then starts fidgeting with the buttons, similar to how Dieter did.

[1d10] = 9
[1d10] = 9
[1d10] = 9
[1d10] = 2
[1d10] = 5


Castinus grabs the other device like Furuk's. He starts fiddling with it but, after inadvertently setting it off (burning a nice hole in the ceiling) he can't get it to work at all. It appears to be broken beyond repair.

spanningtree wrote:
Dieter - Mage
OCC: How many of each device are there?


1 of #53
4 of #54 (let's call it a Laser Pistol) which Dieter has discovered how to use
2 of #55 (let's call it a Laser Rifle) one of which is working and Furuk has, the other Castinus broke inadvertently
10 of #56
8 of #57


There are also three boxes, a locked alcove, and a locked chest.


Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 39/40 < Cure Light Wounds x6,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead,plane shift >
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
Ulster 62/62 < see char sheet >
Dieter 42/42 < see char sheet >
--Algrim 70/70


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 362
Location: Southern Quebec
Dandy is not very smart yet very wise, and he wisely steers clear of the strange instruments. Instead he examines the three boxes.

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:54 am 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Chicago, IL
Dandy discovers that the boxes (which have handles) open easily. They are covered on the interior with a soft, peaked material not-unlike a bed of moss yet different.

Image

Image

Nestled in this material are what appear to be eggs about the size of a large apple or similar fruit, indented all around for grasping. They are smooth and featureless, except for 2 riiets - a large and a small one. Around the larger one are 3 markings in an unknown tongue.

Each box (or case?) contains 20 of these things. One case holding light blue ones, one with red ones, and the final with black ones.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 39/40 < Cure Light Wounds x6,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead,plane shift >
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
Ulster 62/62 < see char sheet >
Dieter 42/42 < see char sheet >
--Algrim 70/70


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:02 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
What the heck? Did we stumble into the future?
Algrim hums to himself waiting for the group to continue their searching and "playing" with the new odd items.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:20 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 362
Location: Southern Quebec
Dandy scratches his head. "Eh, Dieter, we could use yer brains over here," he says, holding up one of the eggs.

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Dieter - Mage

Dieter approaches Dandy and takes a look at the eggs. Well, there are a lot of them. When I see lots of items stored this way it usually means they are easy to break or do something violent when rustled, reminds me of my days as an apprentice in the laboratory. Let's leave them in the boxes for now until we can try to find some instruction for them. I think we have been lucky that we have not hurt each other yet. By all appearances, we have happened on a cache of what appears to be weapons.

Dieter continues to look in the room for whatever he can find.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 am 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Chicago, IL
Other than the items previously found but not investigated, Dieter finds nothing new. The room is even devoid of dust and simple garbage, suggesting that it is somehow cleaned regularly.

Discovered thus far:

1 of #53
4 of #54 (let's call it a Laser Pistol) which Dieter has discovered how to use
2 of #55 (let's call it a Laser Rifle) one of which is working and Furuk has, the other Castinus broke inadvertently
10 of #56
8 of #57


There are also three boxes (containing strange fruit), a locked alcove, and a locked chest.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:08 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1114
Location: Apex, NC
Grimes - Fighter

Grimes resists the urge to examine the strange eggs, and instead heads toward the locked alcove. Does it appear to need a key, or a card thingy? If it needs a card, Grimes will call for the grey one, it seems to be effective in here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:55 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Dieter - Mage

Dieter will see if the grey card will open the alcove and box.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:46 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Chicago, IL
They grey card has no effect. The boxes appear to be locked with an external lock but there is no keyhole you can see.

Image

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 39/40 < Cure Light Wounds x6,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead,plane shift >
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
Ulster 62/62 < see char sheet >
Dieter 42/42 < see char sheet >
--Algrim 70/70


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1114
Location: Apex, NC
Grimes-Fighter

Grimes gives the odd device a puzzled look and says “Casty, what do ya make if this thing?”

He’ll grab it gently and examine it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 44  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group