Chapter 29 - Bissel

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Chapter 29 - Bissel

#1 Post by greyarea »

The party returns to Bissel, unmolested on their trek home.

The huge doors of Llywelyn Monastery are opened to you. Leea comes running as the acolyte at the door is informed who you are.

What news you? Has the threat been defeated? she asks.

What strange armor is this? asks another, looking at Furuk. It is not of dwarven make, I'd bet my shoes on it!

Actions?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 29 - Bissel

#2 Post by Zhym »

Ulster isn't quite so sure that the threat is neutralized. Not until his druids report back. But he waits for someone else to answer.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim shrugs "Aint dwarf armor but dunno about the threat either. We did eliminate a lot of em bout all I can say."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by badams30 »

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes glances quickly at Castinus, then back at Leea and says "Neutralized? NEUTRALIZED? Of course it's neutralized! Look who you sent to deal with this! Just the same, that's a dangerous area, and people don't need ta' be pokin' about in there. But you'll not be seeing any more troubles from that place, to be sure."

OOC: Grimes will check on the armor he ordered, and he'll see if he can find his siren squeeze. He's also mindful that we owe a debt to a powerful celestial dude, so he'll engage Castinus about when we deal with this...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by spanningtree »

Dieter - Mage

Dieter shrugs a bit. The ship is an ecosystem unto itself. Some of the denizens attack, some do not. There is no order to them. I don't think the ship poses a significant threat... I have faced much more significant threats in a dungeon not far from here.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Craigers07 »

Furuk - Fighter

"Dwarven it is not. Check it out."

Furuk floats away from the ground for a brief moment and returns to the floor.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Zhym »

greyarea wrote:What news you? Has the threat been defeated? she asks.
"Well..." Ulster finally offers, "more like under control. We destroyed a lot of stuff. I sent two fire men in. They're usually really good at cleaning things out. I left some of my druids on guard. They'll tell me if anything else comes out. "

Hey, is Prime still with us?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by greyarea »

The acolyte stands back, wide eyed as Furuk rises. Zounds! I've not seen armor imbued with the magic of flight before.

Hearing this, Leea smiles. I've heard of worse explanations of evil denizens taken care of. It sounds like you were thorough, although I'd love to see it for myself someday. The prospect of an ecosystem to itself is intriguing, almost a whole new world? Most strange. Perhaps if your druids deem it safe, one day I will lead an expedition there to explore it for myself. Unless your "fire men" overdo their work. [quote="greyarea"]The party returns to Bissel, unmolested on their trek home.

We thank you for your work. We shall have a great feast this evening. Come, we will bathe and clothe you in finest wear for the occasion.

Actions?

Prime was not ejected from the ship. Presumably he is dining on other creatures within. He might be as dangerous as the fire elementals, come to think of it.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Zhym »

greyarea wrote:Prime was not ejected from the ship. Presumably he is dining on other creatures within. He might be as dangerous as the fire elementals, come to think of it.
Aww. I guess Ulster will have to find other friends, though few of them will be as badass as Prime. :(

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by spanningtree »

Dieter - Mage

Hearing Leea's words Dieter smiles: Excellent, let's get this layer of grime off.

OCC: Do we know where to take the parts?

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim sounds upset "Bathe? I aint ne're met a dwarf that done that save fer clerics. I'd be willin ta wash me hands an face but I aint goin in no bath." the dwarf says. "Just gimme a bucket with water, soap an a cloth I'll clean meself up an whate're yah give me fer clothin is fine."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by tumblingdice »

Castinus - human thief

Grimes and I need to pay our debt, and without delay. Still, I wouldn't say no to a nice warm bath. I think we've earned it.

OC: Now to figure out how to meet up with this demon clown to give him what he asked for...

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Craigers07 »

Furuk - Fighter

"That sounds great to me. I'm ready to get out of this armor."

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by greyarea »

The party find their accommodations to be quite fine indeed. Each member is given fresh clothing and the opportunity to bathe. Algrim finds he is given a nice necklace as he refuses to bathe himself, and while he finds it does nothing but look nice, the rest of you discover that he smells like the open sea when you reconvene.

Speaking of reconvening, the party is served a wonderful meal of fine seafood (Bissel, of course, being on the ocean), game, and all manner of vegetables, some of which even Ulster hasn't seen in some time.

A speech is given, thanking the party for their excellent deeds.

Still, Castinus and Grimes feel the pull to bring the device they found to the demon they released from the sword.

Anything further before leaving Bissel?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by badams30 »

Grimes - Fighter

Prior to departing, Grimes will see if he can locate Acquire, just to check on her.

Other than that, he's anxious to put this demon business to rest.

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim will break down and "bathe" at least the key parts as a comedian once said and I quote "Armpits, A@#$$%!, crotch and teeth." once returning "Eh? What's all this bout a demon?"

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by merias »

Dandy avails himself of the amenities, taking a long-deserved rest with his companions.

"Aye, a demon. We made a deal with 'im for some o' those bits ta get our friends back...now we need 'ta find 'im," Dandy says. "The higher-ups here might be able ta help ya there."

ooc: Do we know what plane of existence the demon resides in, or what his name is? Commune is limited to yes/no questions, so I don't think it will help us here, but plane shift might if we can find out where the demon is.

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Craigers07 »

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk is ready to depart when everyone else is.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by spanningtree »

Dieter - Mage

Not quite sure where they are going but Dieter is ready.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by greyarea »

The party sets to return to the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth to find Blackrazor. Hoping that this journey will be easier as they have been there before and they aren't so lost.

Anything before you depart?

Return to “Skull Mountain (LL/AEC)”