It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 47  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
There is no card reader on this door. A hand on the pressure plate opens the door as it did in the other area.

Image

As you enter, a sepulchral female voice intones something incomprehensible, much like an arcane chant. Within this well lit room are undisturbed desks, several chairs, small beds, high padded tables, and so forth. There is a rack with thin books with colorful paper covers, almost as if they are disposable.

Algrim notices that the room isn't dust covered as were the cell-like bedrooms across the way.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 39/40 < Cure Light Wounds x6,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead,plane shift >
Castinus 33/39
--Furuk 78/78
Ulster 62/62 < see char sheet >
Dieter 42/42 < see char sheet >
--Algrim 70/70


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:02 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 366
Location: Southern Quebec
Dandy peeks in. "Careful lads, this one might'n be recently lived-in," he says.

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:35 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17459
Location: Central Vermont
Algrim spear and shield back up slowly enters the room at door 1.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14208
"I don't like the looks of this one bit," says Ulster. "Let's move on."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1157
Location: Apex, NC
Grimes - Fighter

Grimes squints and tries to understand the voice. Failing this, he shakes his head and says "I'm with Ulster. Let's be careful here, I don't care for the sounds of this."

Grimes will stand guard waiting for the group to decide.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Image

Algrim explores the room while the others beg caution. It follows a U-shape and he peeks from the far door. He notices three more doors within but doesn't open them without the others. There are three desks in total and he finds a bed on wheels, in addition to what he saw before.

The strange voice from beyond speaks again. And again. And a fourth time. It seems to be repeating a message although the language is unknown.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 39/40 < Cure Light Wounds x6,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead,plane shift >
Castinus 33/39
--Furuk 78/78
Ulster 62/62 < see char sheet >
Dieter 42/42 < see char sheet >
--Algrim 70/70


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1580
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Dieter - Mage

Strange language... Dieter tries to discern if the voice is saying the same thing again and again or if it's having an unanswered conversion. I wonder if these beds are for torture, if one were a torturer such a conveyance might be convenient.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17459
Location: Central Vermont
Algrim shrugs not knowing what language the voice is "Dunno but maybe we check other doors that one is a U space leadin back ta a door we haven't checked."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:47 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:57 am
Posts: 452
Location: Pembroke, NH
Castinus picks up one of the thin, seemingly disposable tomes, and tries to make sense of its contents.

Read languages: [1d100] = 29

_________________
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:46 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1157
Location: Apex, NC
Grimes - Fighter

Grimes examines a nearby desk for any clues or contents.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:17 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:48 pm
Posts: 168
Furuk - Fighter

"More desks? It looks like these skeletons really enjoy reading."

Furuk searches around the room for anything of interest.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1580
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Dieter - Mage

Dieter will also take a look at one of the books.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14208
"Let's move on," suggests Ulster.

Just our luck. The ship's universal translator must be broken.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Castinus can make neither head nor tail of the voice, wishing it were written down. The voice soon changes, and appears to get more demanding in tone although the words themselves are still foreign to the thief.

Grimes searches one of the desks, going through papers and whatnot that litter it. search [1d100] = 11 He finds a yellow card, not unlike the black one discovered earlier, and another black card. Furuk also checks the room, finding nothing else of use. Dieter picks up one of the books: the words are incomprehensible but there are pictures contained within of various creatures.

A few look like this:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 39/40 < Cure Light Wounds x6,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead,plane shift >
Castinus 33/39
--Furuk 78/78
Ulster 62/62 < see char sheet >
Dieter 42/42 < see char sheet >
--Algrim 70/70

OOC: The thief's skill is expressly read languages. Although I wanted to extend a general comprehend languages for the sake of this room, I didn't feel that it fit the thief's skillset as well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1157
Location: Apex, NC
Grimes - Fighter

Grimes looks over the two cards and shrugs. He displays them for the others to see before tucking them in his pocket. "Nothing interesting here 'cept for these two things."

He glances about and says "Want to check out another room? I think this is it for this place."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:18 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17459
Location: Central Vermont
Algrim "Sure we can check some more rooms."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Castinus reads magazine titles. One is called Space, another The Modern Journal of Neurology, a third Ten Tickles, a forth Sports Today, and finally Cultured. They have covers depicting alien beings and landscapes and the thief finds them somewhere between fascinating and horrific. When he picks one up, a sheaf of little cards falls out. He determines that they are an attempt to get a reader to purchase more of these magazines, sometimes 'a year for only a few credits!'

He also finds a note stuck among the magazines, hand written with a picture. It looks like this:
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:48 pm
Posts: 168
Furuk - Fighter

"Sure, let's keep moving."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:43 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17459
Location: Central Vermont
Algrim "Aye moving forward never back." the dwarf says moving forward to the left this time and opening the first three doors on the left corridor.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:49 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
As Algrim moves towards the doors with the rest of the party following, a strange creature appears.

Image

It is moving without legs, almost like a fly spell, and stops in the middle of the hall. A voice emits from the creature as arms and tentacles wave menacingly at you, நிறுத்து நுழைபவர்கள். உன்னை கைது முடியும் கீழ் உள்ளன. எங்கே ஹேண்ட்ஸ் தீம் பாடல் இச்சங்கத்தின் குறிக்கோளாக!

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 39/40 < Cure Light Wounds x6,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead,plane shift >
Castinus 33/39
--Furuk 78/78
Ulster 62/62 < see char sheet >
Dieter 42/42 < see char sheet >
--Algrim 70/70


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 47  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group