Part 10 - The Temple Again

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Part 10 - The Temple Again

#381 Post by merias »

Effric follows Thurwin, dragging Bror out of the action and checking on him.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#382 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Tavin rolls/dives out of the way of the ranged attackers volley.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#383 Post by greyarea »

We've got to get in to get out, round 3

Initiative players [1d6] = 6, baddies [1d6] = 1

Odo fumble [1d20] = 8 You accidentally smash your weapon against a solid, unyielding object (a rock, a wall, even the ground). Mundane weapons are ruined; magical weapons are not affected. trips and breaks his bow on a rock, catching it in just the wrong way.
Calthas longbow [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17, dmg [1d8] = 8 Calthas is luckier and the shaft of his arrow is buried to the fletching and the creature screams, its tentacles flail, and it slumps unmoving.

The crawling grub-like creatures are all dead. Companions are paralyzed but, after an hour or so they all come out of it no worse for wear. You shudder to think of how bad it would have been to awaken in the belly of these beasts, digesting.

Other than the grubs, the tower seems as you left it (tho no foodstuffs remain). Darkness begins to overcome the light.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 7/9 < >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 12/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 13/19

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#384 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will tend the paralyzed, see if he can do anything to ease their affliction.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#385 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bror "Thank ya kindly fer saying me hide. Thought I was done for."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#386 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin is visibly relieved once everyone is clear of the paralysis, and with a glance at the fading daylight he says "Well, let's tidy up our quarters, shall we? And let's drag these carcasses clear from here, lest they attract vermin or worse."

He'll assist in dragging the critters clear of the area, and then once the tower has been cleared of threats, he'll settle in for a meal and review of his spellbook...

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#387 Post by connivingsumo »

CALMERT: Cleric

Calmert looks up to Thurwin, "Thank you for dragging me to safety, my friend!" The Cleric will cast (CLW) paralysis relief if any are still suffering, but if it wore off the Gnome it likely has his companions.

He then sets off to securing the tower, clearing grubs, and overall tidying to make ready for the night. "My meditations are good,
so I can take whichever shift of watch you'd like."
he says to no one in particular as he sorts.

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Zhym »

Odo looks at his ruined bow, crestfallen. "Double bother!" he says. "That's just a fine bucket of rocks. This was my uncle's! He's going to be rather put out when he learns it's broken."

He sighs and tosses the remains of his bow to the side. "Well, that's it for me being useful in combat, lads, unless one of you have a short bow you would to lend me."

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#389 Post by kwll »

"I don't have a short bow" answers Calthas "but I have a long one, if that would help."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by Zhym »

"Thank you kindly," says Odo the halfling, "but I never mastered the art of using a bow that's twice as tall as I am."

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#391 Post by greyarea »

The tower is actually in better shape than you left it. The carcass scavengers seemed to have cleaned things up: eating the remains of bits from previous battles and somehow cleaning the floors (perhaps by dragging their huge bloated bodies around). A party member notices that there are things inside the beasts -- undigested things. You find copper [1d10] = 3, electrum [1d4] = 2 and [armor sword or weapon [1d3] = 3, [1d100] = 37 a short bow, +1.

Settling in for the night, nothing else happens. A storm passes through overnight, the thunder waking everyone at least once, and rain blowing through the arrow-slits and dripping through the holes in the roof. However, it brings nothing of evil intent, just general dampness. Dawn chases the rain away, but it is difficult to see though the overcast morn'.

Actions?

Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 7/9 < >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 12/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 13/19

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by Zhym »

Odo raises his eyebrows on spotting the bow. "Well!" he exclaims. "That solves my problem nicely—if no one objects," he hastens to add.

I assume it's okay to add the +1 bow to Odo's sheet?

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#393 Post by merias »

"A lucky find, Odo," Effric says, feeding Sly some ration morsels. He'll eat and get ready for the day. "Where shall we explore next?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by Zhym »

"I am eager to test out this new bow, but I would suggest we allow Tavin, Calmert, and Sean to fully recover before we set out again," says Odo. "After that, I'm game for about anything."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#395 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bror "Aye keep the bow. Now question bein where to next?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#396 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin seems a bit more relaxed now that everyone is free of the paralysis and resting. Once spells are memorized, he'll spend his time sitting on the upper level keeping watch on the area, looking for any signs of movement or curious developments.

OOC: Thurwin is fine with resting another day, or proceeding. Do we want to go directly back to the bugbears? or someplace else? If we plan on going back to the bugbears, we probably need to come up with a plan.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#397 Post by kwll »

"Lucky find indeed, if you can tell that about a grub half digested item..." says Calthas, obviously slightly envious. But he will not try to claim the bow, which he finds too small.

The elven warrior will eat his rations and rest as much as possible. He will try to walk outside a little to get close to the trees -- without venturing too far away from his companions -- and make himself ready to go back to the temple when required.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#398 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert: Cleric
"That's a fine find, indeed, Mr. Odo! Well, I hope that Halfling's Luck of yours stays with our group." he jokes as he ascends to keep watch with Thurwin.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#399 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Most fortuitous Odo, you have been smiled upon.

Tavin will meditate to recover CLW, eat, take a watch and sleep.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#400 Post by greyarea »

The new day awaits. Clouds obscure the sky and there is a dampness in the air.

Calthas finds the nearest trees in the grove of the oddly stunted and unhealthy looking usk trees. The pale blue uskfruit growing on the trees is small, misshapen, and splotched with angry red patches. The elf can't help but be disgusted and sorrowful at the twisted nature in this evil place.

Nothing threatens the party in the safety of the adopted (or is it stolen?) tower.

Actions?

Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 15/19

Return to “Enter the World of Greyhawk (LL/AEC)”