OOC Chat

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC Chat

#141 Post by GreyWolfVT »

would be nice if the almighty GM allowed that ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#142 Post by greyarea »

connivingsumo wrote:Do we get to reroll 1's?! :?
Depends. What's it worth to ya? ;)

Yes, you can reroll 1s, but only for HP, not for combat rolls :P

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#143 Post by badams30 »

Sumo: NO. In your case you’d round down to the nearest half. In this case, it’d be .5 hp.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#144 Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:Yes, you can reroll 1s, but only for HP, not for combat rolls :P
*Whew!* Thanks - b/c if you look at Calmert's roll history, his last d6 (HP level up) was a whopping UNO! Or, if up to Badams30, a whopping half-hitpoint! :o :lol:

GreyWolfVT

#145 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Be glad Badams30 isn't the GM :lol:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#146 Post by greyarea »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Be glad Badams30 isn't the GM :lol:
He tends to be partial to certain players. I think it's love. ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Zhym »

badams30 wrote:So what's the magic split? Thurwin turned over the fire protection and potions and Illusionist scroll. He has no pref to split, the only items that he might be able to use are a ring of protection or fire resist. And some coins, of course.
That's what I've been asking. :)

Odo is limited by size or profession to the necklace or rings, I think. The +2 Ring of Protection would be his first choice. The Necklace of Adaptation or the +1 Ring of Protection would be his second.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#148 Post by connivingsumo »

Zhym wrote:
badams30 wrote:So what's the magic split? Thurwin turned over the fire protection and potions and Illusionist scroll. He has no pref to split, the only items that he might be able to use are a ring of protection or fire resist. And some coins, of course.
That's what I've been asking. :)

Odo is limited by size or profession to the necklace or rings, I think. The +2 Ring of Protection would be his first choice. The Necklace of Adaptation or the +1 Ring of Protection would be his second.
Calmert, also limited by size, has no preference either... coin works.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Zhym »

BTW, I looked up the book value of each magic item in the 1e DMG, to get some idea of what an equitable split might be. Here are the values:
Ruby ring: Fire Resistance 5000
Ring of Protection +2 12500
Ring of Protection +1 10000
Black leather armor +1 2000
Chain mail +2 7500
Shield +1 2500
Hammer +2 6000
Necklace of Adaptation 10000
Bag of Holding 25000
Scroll of Protection from Elementals (all) 7500
Scroll of Ward against Elementals 7500
Scroll w/ 3 clerical spells: Dispel magic, flame strike, tongues 3600
Scroll w/ illusionist spell: misdirection 600
Potion of Extra Healing 800
Potion of Healing 400
Potion of Invisibility 500
I'd suggest leaving potions and protection scrolls out of the calculation if they are going be used for group benefit or whoever needs them most anyway. If we do that, the total value of gold + magic is 107,501.66 gp, or about 17,917 gp combined gold and magic per person. That gives us a target to shoot for if we want people who get less magic to receive more gold.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#150 Post by spanningtree »

Thanks for running the numbers Zhym, I know that can be time consuming.

Tavin would like to hold onto the ring +2 he has now but is open to discussion. I think the bag of holding would be a good candidate for party property, don't care who carries it. 2 cents.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Zhym »

Having the bag of holding be group property makes sense. I'll post an updated per-person total in a bit.

Meantime, it sounds like everyone wants that +2 ring.

Greyarea, is it possible to have man-sized magic leather armor tailored to fit a hobbit?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#152 Post by greyarea »

Zhym wrote:
Greyarea, is it possible to have man-sized magic leather armor tailored to fit a hobbit?
Absolutely. Consider it magically conforming to your stature.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Zhym »

Thanks.

With the Bag of Holding counted as group loot and the illusionist scroll counted out because no one in the group can use it (or can we sell it for gold?), that leaves 13,650 per person loot value.

Here's a possible magic item split:
  • Bror (Dwarf): Shield +1 (2,500), Hammer +2 (6,000) (8500 total)
    Calmert (Cleric): Scroll w/ cleric spells (3,600), Ring of Fire Resistance (5,000) (8,600 total)
    Calthas (Elf F): Chain Mail +2 (7,500)
    Odo (Hobbit T): Leather Armor +1 (2000), Necklace of Adaptation (10,000) (12,500 total)
    Tavin (Monk): RoP +2 (12,500)
    Thurwin (MU): RoP +1 (10,000)
We'd allocate gold, gems, and jewelry so everyone evened out to 13,650.

Most of the allocations are based on what people said they wanted and what they could use. For example, I think Calthas is the only one who could use +2 chain mail and can benefit much from it. Calmert and Bror could also use it, but they each have normal plate mail, which is the same AC as +2 chain. Although they could switch to magic chain and get a weight benefit (and, in some cases, a saving throw bonus), I figured people would rather let Calthas lower his AC by 3.

Same goes for the shield. Bror or Calmert could use it (Calthas already has a +1 shield). I figured the dwarf doesn't have any magical protection yet.

Odo is the only one who would benefit from magic leather armor, and he seems a natural for the necklace. The PC most likely to trigger a poison gas trap is probably the best choice for a magic thingy that protects against gasses.

I allocated the hammer to the PC with "hammer" in his name. That left the ring of fire resistance with Calmert.

The only remaining issue is whether Thurwin or Tavin gets the +2 Ring of Protection and who has to settle for the +1. I thought the monk would engage in melee a wee bit more than an MU and would thus benefit more from a low AC, but y'all can hash that out between yourselves if you want.

If that all looks okay, here's a split that would even everyone out, including gold, gems, and jewelry, assuming we sell supplies and anything too heavy to carry around as cash equivalents:
  • Bror: Shield +1 (2,500), Hammer +2 (6,000), Gold necklace with 4 small rubies (4750), 21 pp, 184 gp, 6 ep, 32 sp, 39 cp
  • Calmert: Scroll w/ cleric spells (3,600), Ring of Fire Resistance (5,000), Gold fire symbol on fine gold chain w/ ruby (2500), Mace w/ small ruby in pommel (1000), Jeweled ring (500), 5 Zircons (50 each), 42 pp, 367 gp, 12 ep, 65 sp, 78 cp
  • Calthas: Chain Mail +2 (7,500), 1 Jeweled belt with four nice emeralds (5250), 4 agates (10 each), 42 pp, 427 gp, 12 ep, 65 sp, 78 cp
  • Odo: Leather Armor +1 (2000), Necklace of Adaptation (10,000), 1 ring with large violet garnet (700), 6 agates (10 each), 43 pp, 446 gp, 13 ep, 65 sp, 80 cp
  • Tavin: RoP +2 (12,500), gold chain w/ fire amulet (100), 5 zircons (50 each), 42 pp, 367 gp, 12 ep, 65 sp, 78 cp
  • Thurwin: RoP +1 (10,000), silver bracelet set with jade (1700), Gold earring with a tiny ruby (1000), small silver box (75), 3 agates (10 each), 42 pp, 412 gp, 12 ep, 65 sp, 78 cp
That should add up to 13,650 each if I didn't mis-transcribe anything.

I'd suggest for the sake of having everything accounted for on a character sheet that Calmert carry the two healing potions and protection scrolls, Tavin continue to carry the bag of holding for the party, and Odo carry the potion of invisibility (since he's most likely to end up using it to scout).

If this all looks okay, any XP for acting as party treasurer would be gratefully appreciated. ;)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#154 Post by spanningtree »

Let's give folks a couple of days to make comments. ;)
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT

#155 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I have no issues with what Zhym posted above.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#156 Post by greyarea »

Zhym wrote: Odo (Hobbit T): Leather Armor +1 (2000), Necklace of Adaptation (10,000) (12,500 total)
If this all looks okay, any XP for acting as party treasurer would be gratefully appreciated. ;)
Two comments:

1. Watch out, the Tolkein estate might come after you for not calling Odo a "halfling"
2. That was a lot of great work. 10XP for Odo

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#157 Post by badams30 »

As far as Thurwin and any magic, he’s fine with Tavin getting the ring, he could put it to better use than thurwin anyway. I’m fine with the split - I’ll prob cash it all in anyway and tithe plus visit Burne and Rufus.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Zhym »

greyarea wrote:1. Watch out, the Tolkein estate might come after you for not calling Odo a "halfling"
Heh. Christopher Tolkien has an army of orc lawyers, their souls forged in the depths of barad-dûr. But I have a plucky hobbit. I'm not worried. ;)
greyarea wrote:2. That was a lot of great work. 10XP for Odo
Thanks!

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#159 Post by kwll »

OK with me. Also OK for XP bonus to Odo. :)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#160 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert rolled a 1 on his last HP roll back on 11/27 I think it was. Here's the new one.
[1d6] = 5

I hope to have Calmert updated by this weekend! :mrgreen:

Return to “Enter the World of Greyhawk (LL/AEC)”