OOC Chat

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Chat

#81 Post by connivingsumo »

Are my notifications broke and I'm not seeing updated posts, or has there been no activity? This game usually moves pretty quick, so I don't want to be the guy holding everyone up because I'm not seeing recent posts, or whatever.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by greyarea »

connivingsumo wrote:Are my notifications broke and I'm not seeing updated posts, or has there been no activity? This game usually moves pretty quick, so I don't want to be the guy holding everyone up because I'm not seeing recent posts, or whatever.

As we are in combat, I was giving everyone ample time to post their characters' actions. I do try to move this game along quickly, but try not to do so too quickly especially when up against Sicilians when death is on the line. ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Zhym »

Almost a week after the last update might be a good time to NPC the stragglers. ;)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#84 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zhym wrote:Almost a week after the last update might be a good time to NPC the stragglers. ;)
good advice. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:Are my notifications broke and I'm not seeing updated posts, or has there been no activity? This game usually moves pretty quick, so I don't want to be the guy holding everyone up because I'm not seeing recent posts, or whatever.

As we are in combat, I was giving everyone ample time to post their characters' actions. I do try to move this game along quickly, but try not to do so too quickly especially when up against Sicilians when death is on the line. ;)
HAHA!! Love the quote! :mrgreen: Well... I've been known to not realize I'm 'logged out' and not seeing posts and/or the system not notifying me, so I wanted to be sure I wasn't that guy! :lol:

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by greyarea »

Zhym wrote:Almost a week after the last update might be a good time to NPC the stragglers. ;)
With the end of the semester kicking my butt, I was just glad that there were others straggling for me to blame for not updating ;)

GreyWolfVT

#87 Post by GreyWolfVT »

greyarea wrote:The north door is ajar but the place beyond unexplored. The eastern door is closed and has never been seen open by the party.
you're confusing the Dwarf how is it a door and a jar?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by greyarea »

I used to make that joke all the time back in the day. My best friend in high school would drive his parent's minivan and this is the time when cars were getting the voices for some announcements. If you opened a car door while it was running, a slightly feminine voice would announce, "Door is ajar." Always fun for a bad dad joke. :)

https://youtu.be/kMxdFwCU1OE

GreyWolfVT

#89 Post by GreyWolfVT »

:lol: nice

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Zhym »

Are the doors in this room spiked closed from this side or the other side?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Zhym »

greyarea wrote:I will be using the Critical Hit and Fumble tables from DCC (DCC79-86), with some modifications. No need to reproduce those here.
It would actually be kind of handy to have the critical hit & fumble table for narrating posts. If I know the possible results and can roll for them myself, I can include that result in my post—i.e., "Odo shoots the ogre right in the eye!" or such.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by greyarea »

Zhym wrote:
greyarea wrote:I will be using the Critical Hit and Fumble tables from DCC (DCC79-86), with some modifications. No need to reproduce those here.
It would actually be kind of handy to have the critical hit & fumble table for narrating posts. If I know the possible results and can roll for them myself, I can include that result in my post—i.e., "Odo shoots the ogre right in the eye!" or such.
You can view the tables in the document here: DCC RPG Reference page (pp. 19-24). I've been rolling d20 for both regardless of DCC's modifier rules.

The PDF version is free.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#93 Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Zhym wrote:
You can view the tables in the document here: DCC RPG Reference page (pp. 19-24). I've been rolling d20 for both regardless of DCC's modifier rules.

The PDF version is free.
Thanks for the link! I downloaded it for when I run a game... someday. LOL :D

Thanks again!

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by kwll »

I will be out of town for the next 3 weeks. Can someone play Calthas in my stead while I am away?

GreyWolfVT

#95 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm sure he can be "droned" NPC'd in your absence ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Zhym »

I wonder if the key is hidden somewhere clever (by a dumb ogre?) or if this is just one of those Gygaxian failures to think of things like locks being pretty useless without keys. :)

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by greyarea »

Zhym wrote:...just one of those Gygaxian failures to think of things like locks being pretty useless without keys. :)
Not the all-wonderful, flawless Gary! :D

The DM probably knows where the key is. Probably. ;)

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by greyarea »

Zhym wrote:"Examine?" answers Odo, as if Thurwin had just suggested Odo eat a toad.
Thurwin should be used to this reaction by now. :lol:

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#99 Post by kwll »

I am back in action.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by greyarea »

connivingsumo wrote:Calmert: Cleric

The Gnome readies his mace and shield, and attacks any enemy near him. *without setting himself on fire*
LOL :lol:

I was wondering, "Does that really need to be clarified," but then thought, "with this DM, yes it does." :mrgreen:

Return to “Enter the World of Greyhawk (LL/AEC)”