It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1953
Location: Chicago, IL
The party returns to Hommlet. Dusk is nearing and the shadows are long.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 13/19


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:27 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13949
Odo is morose on the way back to the village. Poison is not a pretty way to die. Not that there are many pretty ways to die.

"If we pooled our loot, do you suppose we might have a sizeable enough donation to convince a cleric to raise poor Effric from the dead?" he asks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

I'll put whatever I can into the pot to help Effric. Let's see what the temple has to say.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1113
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin nods in approval. "I've been generous in contributions to the church, and I'll continue to donate whatever it takes to get Effric back among the living. And we have good Calmert, who is undoubtedly in the graces of his patron church. Let's make haste before nightfall."

OOC: Let's go see what we can pull off. Poor Effric. We still need to snag a room at the inn and eventually see Biff and Bert or whatever their names are...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:18 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17297
Location: Central Vermont
Bror nods and says "Aye, it's tha least I can do."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:06 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 325
Zhym wrote:
Odo is morose on the way back to the village. Poison is not a pretty way to die. Not that there are many pretty ways to die.

"If we pooled our loot, do you suppose we might have a sizeable enough donation to convince a cleric to raise poor Effric from the dead?" he asks.

Calmert: Cleric

Calmert looks even more somber as he hears his companions discuss options for friend Effric, "My friends... the last thing I want to be is a voice of discouragement. I am not an expert of this region, but I know the Priesthood and Head Cleric, Terjon, well enough, and I'm afraid resurrection is beyond their means."

The Gnome looks equal parts embarrassed as fearful, "Perhaps the Druidic order, eh... Calmert fumbles for the name, "Jaroo, Jaroo Ashstaff, I believe.
I think if there is any hope for our dear friend Effric, it lies within his own order."


OOC: When Calmert gets to the room at the Inn, he will meditate and pray to refresh his depleted spells.


Last edited by connivingsumo on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:53 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am
Posts: 114
Calthas will visit Jaroo to ask for his help, remembering that he used to go meet him with Effric in the past.

_________________
Celyon lvl 1 wizard STR: 12/12 CON: 10/10 AP: 0
Udulf lvl 1 rogue STR: 13/13 CON: 12/12 AP: 0
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1953
Location: Chicago, IL
Calthas goes to visit Jaroo, and the rest of the party is assumed to follow as well given Calmert's news.

Jaroo looks at the body of the druid sadly. While I have the power to neutralize poison, I needed to have seen him quite some time ago. If you would like, we can bury him here in my Grove. I would very much like to plant a tree in his honor, directly above his heart, so that it brings forth his essence into the world.

The party is saddened to hear this and heads to the Inn of the Welcome Wench, where they are greeted heartily by Ostler who, upon hearing news of the druid's passing buys a round or three for the party. As my uncle used to say, ain't nothing so wrong with you that a good ale won't fix. Too bad it was that druid feller. I liked him. It shoulda been that wacky follower or Zayag you had with you earlier.

Rooms are purchased and spells are recovered.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 13/19


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13949
"A nice sentiment," says Odo sadly, "but I'm afraid a good ale won't do help our dead friend much at all." Still, the hobbit drinks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

You will be missed my friend. Tavin will say to Effric's body before following his comrades.


Yes, maybe an ale will help a bit.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:25 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am
Posts: 114
Calthas helps to bury his friend, and plant the tree. He does not have the heart to drink, so he stays near Jaroo's place in the forest to meditate. As elves do sometimes.

_________________
Celyon lvl 1 wizard STR: 12/12 CON: 10/10 AP: 0
Udulf lvl 1 rogue STR: 13/13 CON: 12/12 AP: 0
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1953
Location: Chicago, IL
While the party commiserates in the Inn, a new comer arrives and asks Ostler for a drink.

Welcome back Merias. Beware what you quaff. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 361
Location: Southern Quebec
A solidly-built Half-Elf with long black hair and beard (perhaps a bit more Human than Elf) examines his surroundings as he waits for his drink. The head of an axe secured to his back sticks up over his head. The handle is worn smooth, it has seen some use. His eyes settle on the party and their long faces. "Is it always so gloomy in these parts?" he asks.

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 361
Location: Southern Quebec
Quote:
Welcome back Merias. Beware what you quaff. :)


:lol:

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17297
Location: Central Vermont
Bror downs the drink and says "To Effric in his honor." then orders another ale and downs it.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1113
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin, feeling quite somber due to our loss, uncharacteristically decides to drown his sorrows. He thanks Ostler for his hospitality and empties his pouch on the counter (50GP - deducted) and says "please - a round of the best for the establishment, for our missing friends."

He catches sight of the half elf and motions for him to have a drink. "Hello there. Join us, we are drinking to our fallen comrade, struck down in our ongoing struggle against the forces of evil. I am Thurwin, a humble wizard - and who are you, my good man?"

OOC: Thurwin will happily drop as much coin as needed (up to another 50GP) to keep the party going. Once he's recovered from his festivities, he plans on visiting Burne and Rufus to give them an update on our progress, and see if they've learned anything on their own, or from interrogating our prisoners, and to give some coin to the temple. (we also need to divvy our loot.. to make it easier, I motion to just give it all to me.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:52 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 361
Location: Southern Quebec
Zef moves to the table. "Greetings. I am Zef, new to these parts but always looking for allies in the battle against evil. I am sorry to hear about your friend, let us drink and you can tell me stories of his deeds."

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:40 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am
Posts: 114
When Calthas comes back to the inn, he is not in a good mood. He reluctantly takes a mug to drink and, seeing the new comer, addresses him bluntly: "Hi, half-breed. We could use your contribution to battle against evil, as you say. But not everybody has the same notion of what is or is not evil...".

_________________
Celyon lvl 1 wizard STR: 12/12 CON: 10/10 AP: 0
Udulf lvl 1 rogue STR: 13/13 CON: 12/12 AP: 0
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

Yes, please sit. Gesturing at a stool. Evil is cut and dry in my learning, and yes, we have found a great den of it.... we recently lost a companion in en-devour to combat evil. Would you like to take up his and our quest as well?

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:58 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17297
Location: Central Vermont
Bror hails Zef "Greetin's Zef, come join us an have a drink."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group