It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 315
Calmert: Cleric

The next round, Calmert tries really hard to not just pose; in his head he prays, "St. Cuthbert - hear your servant. Give us strength so we smite this evil!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:05 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

Tavin takes another swing:

Swipe with sword: [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13 damage: [2d4] = 2

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1170
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

QUESTION: Can Thurwin retrieve Sean so he's out of danger? Without being attacked, that is. If so, Thurwin will try to drag Sean to safety. If he sees anyone new emerge, he'll stop so he can engage them with a spell or whatnot.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Chicago, IL
badams30 wrote:
Thurwin - Wizard

QUESTION: Can Thurwin retrieve Sean so he's out of danger? Without being attacked, that is. If so, Thurwin will try to drag Sean to safety. If he sees anyone new emerge, he'll stop so he can engage them with a spell or whatnot.


You're asking the DM to guarantee that you won't be attacked this round?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1170
Location: Apex, NC
greyarea wrote:
badams30 wrote:
Thurwin - Wizard

QUESTION: Can Thurwin retrieve Sean so he's out of danger? Without being attacked, that is. If so, Thurwin will try to drag Sean to safety. If he sees anyone new emerge, he'll stop so he can engage them with a spell or whatnot.


You're asking the DM to guarantee that you won't be attacked this round?


No, silly. Do I see anyone other than the bugbear? I'm asking if Thurwin going to the aid of our guy will expose him to an attack from anyone visible in the room. I'm sure something unpleasant is coming, I'm just not sure where he lies in relation to visible enemies in the room.

But if you are will to give me a "no attack guarantee" I'm cool with it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Chicago, IL
badams30 wrote:
greyarea wrote:
badams30 wrote:
Thurwin - Wizard

QUESTION: Can Thurwin retrieve Sean so he's out of danger? Without being attacked, that is. If so, Thurwin will try to drag Sean to safety. If he sees anyone new emerge, he'll stop so he can engage them with a spell or whatnot.


You're asking the DM to guarantee that you won't be attacked this round?


No, silly. Do I see anyone other than the bugbear? I'm asking if Thurwin going to the aid of our guy will expose him to an attack from anyone visible in the room. I'm sure something unpleasant is coming, I'm just not sure where he lies in relation to visible enemies in the room.

But if you are will to give me a "no attack guarantee" I'm cool with it.


heh. You only see the bugbear. All other enemies are in the magical darkness beyond.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1170
Location: Apex, NC
Thanks! Thurwin will try to drag whomever is closest back to safety.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Chicago, IL
Hello Darkness, My Old Friend - Round 4

Initiative players [1d6] = 1, baddies [1d6] = 2

The bugbear swings at who? [1d4] = 2 Tavin monster attack [1d20] = 3 but may as well as tried for the broad side of a barn, which he also would have missed. You hear a cry of pain from the other room and smell a bad smell, like something burning.

Odo critical hit! [1d12] = 4 staggers the bugbear, allowing him to send another shaft in PC attack [1d20] = 16 dmg [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4. Effric fumble [1d16] = 5 trips and falls, and must take an action to stand the next round. Calmert Calthas longbow [1d20+2] = 6+2 = 8, dmg [1d8] = 3 firing into melee (hit own on 1-3) [1d6] = 3 who? [1d6] = 2 hitting Tavin and ruining his swing. Bror feels a shock through his arm as Glimmer thuds home, and the axe slips free as the bugbear falls dead.
Thurwin drags out Sean, who recovers as he is pulled out. He says a gruff, Thanks, and pull himself up,

Calmert's light shines on the ceiling (at an angle, towards the upper corner of the room). What lies in the darkness?

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1> prone
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 6/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends> hold person
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 13/19

13 +1

Zhym wrote:
I miss the AD&D 1e rules, where bows shoot before spells are cast. :D

Or individual initiative. Either would have helped.


True dat. Spell disruption is awesome. We can do individual init, but everyone needs to roll their own (and if you don't you fall to the end of the order) and we'd want to use a larger die (d12 perhaps?) so the likelihood of simultaneous action goes down. :)

Who wants Individual Initiative?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13670
How about group initiative with individual modifiers? That way we only need one initiative roll, but faster PCs still get to go first.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:59 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16960
Location: Vermont, USA
That or you could just run it like I do in 2e I still have ranged and spells go off before melee. ;) Essentially i use the cast time/weapon speeds. Granted we are in LL not 1e or 2e AD&D.

Bror pulls his axe from the dead bugbear and shakes off the gore. "Well there take that yah stinkin bugbear."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:27 am 
Online
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 399
Location: Southern Quebec
Zhym wrote:
How about group initiative with individual modifiers? That way we only need one initiative roll, but faster PCs still get to go first.


I use this method in my games, it works great.

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:28 am 
Online
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 399
Location: Southern Quebec
Effric curses as he falls to the floor and tries to get back up as quickly as he can.

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

Tavin eyes Calmert, removes the shaft as he moves toward the bad smell.

OCC: no opion on the initiative bit, the game is fine as is.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1170
Location: Apex, NC
Before I take an action - one question? Can Calmert focus his light on the darkened area so we can see what's in there?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Chicago, IL
badams30 wrote:
Before I take an action - one question? Can Calmert focus his light on the darkened area so we can see what's in there?


Calmert cast light on his shield which is strapped to his arm, which is unidirectional (like a bullseye lantern or flashlight). He is also the victim of a hold person (which the DM needed to reread, since it could have affected more of you and turned this into a TPK) and is effectively a statue, so someone would need to take the shield off of his arm and re-aim it. (Calmert cannot do it himself.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:17 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1170
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard
Thurwin shouts to Sean "Help me get Calmert!" And he'll try to drag him to safety too, and if he can, he'll try to direct his beam of light into the darkness to see what or who is in there....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:20 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am
Posts: 104
Calthas curses, then mumbles a word of excuse to Tavin. Then he drops his bow, unsheathes his sword and moves forward to help drag Calmert with his free hand.

[OOC: I am fine with group initiative as is currently done.]

_________________
Celyon lvl 1 wizard STR: 12/12 CON: 10/10 AP: 0
Udulf lvl 1 rogue STR: 13/13 CON: 12/12 AP: 0
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Chicago, IL
Hello Darkness, My Old Friend - Round 5

INITIATIVE baddies [1d6] = 4 party [1d6] = 5

Calthas and Thurwin grabs Calmert and drags his stiff form into the room beyond. Effric rights himself and Bror seems pleased. Odo stands there.

Tavin moves into the inky blackness following his nose, Sean joins him. (OOC: PM sent) You hear a chanting coming from that same darkness, a spell being cast, and a cry of anger.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1> prone
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 6/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends> hold person
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 13/19

OOC: For now we will keep initiative as it is.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1170
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin says quietly "Sean, get ready... guys, be prepared." He'll then try to direct Calmert's light like a flashlight into the darkness beyond, attempting to illuminate those hidden in the darkness.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16960
Location: Vermont, USA
Bror Gllimmer in hand is always ready for a fight. "Right, let's drop em all lads."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group