It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1114
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin, feeling quite confident, hurls another bolt of energy at the bugbear preparing to throw a spear.

[1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9 YOINK! SWISH!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

Tavin engages the closest bugbear with his bastard sword.

To hit: [1d20] = 11 + 1 =12

damage: [2d4] = 7

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Chicago, IL
Burning Bugbear, round 2
Initiative players [1d6] = 6, baddies [1d6] = 1 The party gets the advantage as bugbears emerge from the dying burning oil.

Calthas longbow [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18, dmg [1d8] = 1 Calthas' arrow does some damage but seems to distract Effric enough to make him miss. Glimmer also tastes air as Bror cannot seem to hit, and Tavin's sword is blocked.

Odo and Thurwin fire at the one beyond the fire, the arrow striking home but the energy bolt missing

Calmert mace [1d20] = 18, dmg [1d6] = 6
PC attack [1d20] = 1 fumble [1d16] = 1
Calmert's arm shudders as his mace makes clean contact with PC attack [1d20] = 1 the first bugbear. Sean "miss[es] wildly but miraculously cause[s] no other damage."

The bugbear nearest brings down his morning star monster attack [1d20] = 20 dmg [2d4] = 5 on Sean (who just fumbled), the spiked ball doing great damage. monster attack [1d20] = 2 firing into melee (hit own on 1-3) [1d6] = 2
The second bugbear's spear misses the party but hits his own guy! dmg [1d6] = 3 Boy, if he wasn't mad to begin with.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 10/19

16
18
7
4

New house rule: Firing into melee. A ranged attack miss into melee has a 50% chance of hitting a random ally. firing into melee (hit own on 1-3) [1d6] -- of course the bad guys are the first victims of this new rule :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Bror takes a swing with Glimmer at the next bugbear standing. 'Glimmer' Hand Axe +1 [1d20+2] = 7+2 = 9 to Hit [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7 DMG

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

Tavin steps up for another strike attempt. And, derps it.

To hit: [1d20] = 6

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1114
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin curses and hurls another bolt at the most seriously injured bugbear.

[1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7 D'oh!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13976
Odo puts another arrow into the bugbear beyond the fire.

Short bow +1 (THAC0 19): [1d20+5] = 17+5 = 22 [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 329
Calmert: Cleric

Determined, the Gnome goes at him again!

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals
[/quote]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:41 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 362
Location: Southern Quebec
Effric tries again!

Effric attack [1d20+2] = 9+2 = 11 damage [1d8+2] = 2+2 = 4

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am
Posts: 117
Almost mindlessly, Calthas takes another arrow and fires at the first enemy he sees who is still standing.

_________________
Celyon lvl 1 wizard STR: 12/12 CON: 10/10 AP: 0
Udulf lvl 1 rogue STR: 13/13 CON: 12/12 AP: 0
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:12 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Chicago, IL
Burning Bugbear, round 3

Initiative players [1d6] = 1, baddies [1d6] = 2

The first bugbear swipes at Sean again monster attack [1d20] = 20 critical hit! [1d8] = 4 dmg [2d4] = 5, his morning star penetrating plate and drawing blood hammering Sean to his knees. He attacks again monster attack [1d20] = 7 but misses! The second runs across the oil slick (fire extinguished) monster save vs breath (15) [1d20] = 5 but he slips and takes the round recovering his balance.

Bror, Tavin, Effric, and Thurwin whiff, but Odo shows them what's what, his shaft flying true! Calmert mace [1d20] = 14, dmg [1d6] = 3 Calmert connects, hitting the one who attacked Sean, while SeanSean melee [1d20] = 20 critical hit! [1d12] = 5 dmg [1d8] = 7 + [1d6] = 6 hammers his foe in the nose with an explosion of blood, forcing the bone into his brain. The lifeless bugbear slumps. Calthas Calthas longbow [1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19, dmg [1d8] = 6 buries his arrow deep into the other bugbear, its feet flying high as they slip in the oil, and its torso hitting the ground with a wet splat.

There is quiet for a moment as the party assess the result of the melee, and then an shout is heard from the north.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 5/19

16
18
23
17


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 329
Calmert: Cleric

Calmert casts Cure Light Wounds (*twice*) on Sean!


Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1114
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Hearing the shouting, Thurwin says "Do we stand and see what's coming, or withdraw for now? I can leave a little noxious vapors for them to suck on..." He motions toward the direction we came from and says "We aren't sure where all these passages go, so we need to be careful they don't flank us or come in behind us, eh?"

Thurwin nervously paces waiting to see what everyone is going to do.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Bror "I say leave em a surprise ta rush in ta. We retreat circle around behind em and hack em down."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:42 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am
Posts: 117
Calthas nods, prepares another arrow and slowly backtracks into the tunnel while facing the place from where the shouting comes.

_________________
Celyon lvl 1 wizard STR: 12/12 CON: 10/10 AP: 0
Udulf lvl 1 rogue STR: 13/13 CON: 12/12 AP: 0
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:15 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

Tavin also nods and moves with the others.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Chicago, IL
CLW (twice) [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3, [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5
Sean thanks his gnomish cleric for the help.

The party backs up...
Image
Where to? The Party is currently just south of 204.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 13/19


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:22 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am
Posts: 117
Calthas suggests to fallback slowly up to the where the tunnel turns west. If nothing comes from the north, the party will have the option to go back where the bugbears came from -- or go somewhere else.

_________________
Celyon lvl 1 wizard STR: 12/12 CON: 10/10 AP: 0
Udulf lvl 1 rogue STR: 13/13 CON: 12/12 AP: 0
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1114
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin nods in approval. "Calthas' plan sounds solid to me."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1538
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Agreed.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group