It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 36  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:07 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 399
Location: Southern Quebec
"I stand with you, Thurwin," Effric says.

ooc: The wand seems like it might actually work...if not, we can always run.

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

Okay, let's wait and see.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Chicago, IL
The party waits a bit and the big troll returns. Surprised [1d6] = 2 He enters the circular room humming to himself. He doesn't seem to notice you all. Yet.

Image

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 15/19


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1171
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin holds his wand out and takes a deep breath, he then points it at the troll and utters the command word to paralyze the beast.

OOC: Fingers crossed. If this doesn't work, I'm at a loss. Running is always good. Maybe tossing oil to slip the thing up or whatever. Wand, don't fail us now.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 315
badams30 wrote:
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin holds his wand out and takes a deep breath, he then points it at the troll and utters the command word to paralyze the beast.

OOC: Fingers crossed. If this doesn't work, I'm at a loss. Running is always good. Maybe tossing oil to slip the thing up or whatever. Wand, don't fail us now.

Calmert: Cleric
The Gnome waits for Thurwin's paralysis to hit the Troll, and then attacks!

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals
[/quote]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16963
Location: Vermont, USA
Bror waits to see how Thurwin's spell fares before taking any action.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Chicago, IL
The troll notices the motion, raises his fauchard, and charges. The mage aims in and releases the spell. Save vs paralysis (12) [1d20] = 10 The great beast tumbles to the ground, his limbs no longer obeying his commands, his great bone armor clanking away as he lands with an unceremonious thud.

The dust settles. The look in the evil troll's eyes betray anger and despair.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 15/19


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13671
Odo prepares to fire an arrow at the troll, but it's on the ground before Odo can draw his bow.

He lets out a low whistle. "Well done," he says. "Well done indeed."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16963
Location: Vermont, USA
Bror sets forth toward the troll his axe in hand and looks for the pesky ring the thing wears looking to remove it by any means possible. "Ready the fire."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 399
Location: Southern Quebec
Effric douses the troll in oil, then unceremoniously cuts the troll's head off with his scimitar.

"Who's got a torch?" he asks.

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1171
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin, wide eyed in fear and surprise, pauses for a second and says "Praise the Gods. If only Morgan was here..." He quickly shakes it off and says "Fire didn't seem to affect him last time, check his belongings!"

Thurwin sheaths his wand and keeps watch as the others attend to their grisly task...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 315
Calmert thought he was attacking the Troll; now he's confused.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am
Posts: 104
Calthas will provide the torch to set fire to the Troll's corpse. If he does not find one, he will light one from his pack.

_________________
Celyon lvl 1 wizard STR: 12/12 CON: 10/10 AP: 0
Udulf lvl 1 rogue STR: 13/13 CON: 12/12 AP: 0
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 315
badams30 wrote:
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin, wide eyed in fear and surprise, pauses for a second and says "Praise the Gods. If only Morgan was here..." He quickly shakes it off and says "Fire didn't seem to affect him last time, check his belongings!"

Thurwin sheaths his wand and keeps watch as the others attend to their grisly task...

kwll wrote:
Calthas will provide the torch to set fire to the Troll's corpse. If he does not find one, he will light one from his pack.

Calmert: Cleric
The Gnome's advance changes from an attack to one of search! He searches the troll for anything that might indicate a magical resistance to fire, rings, a belt, an amulet, bracers/bracelets, earrings, etc.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Chicago, IL
Effric removes the troll's head with a slash of his scimitar whist dousing him with his alternate hand, and Bror removes its left hand, espying the ring on the pinkie.

Calmert gets over his confusion and helps search the troll. It wears bone armor, a necklace of gold with four small rubies, and a jeweled belt. In a pouch at his belt is a necklace. The gnome removes all, just in case. It is removed easily off of the oil-slick skin of the rubbery troll.

He steps back and Calthas steps up, flint striking steel as he does. A spark hits the troll and the beast quickly is a pyre. There's something magical about a burning troll. Thank goodness the architects built this ceiling high so that smell and smoke rise and do not choke. Soon the blackened corpse is smoldering: the flame dead as is the troll.

Image
You are in room 202

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 15/19


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1171
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin gives the wand a kiss and places it gingerly back in his belt pouch. He nods approvingly as the beast is stripped of his belongings and set ablaze. "Master Bror, you have lived up to your name as a skilled Troll slayer, for sure. With luck this is the last of these things we'll encounter. Nice work, everyone!"

"Thurwin watches the dancing flames, almost entranced. He mumbles "perhaps we should check out this thing's room next?" (I don't remember the room he was in, but I think it was cluttered and nearby...)

OOC: I updated the spoils thread with this guy's loot...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16963
Location: Vermont, USA
Bror smiles beaming with pride in his title "Well yer wand sure did help, an known bout the ring helped. Anyone mind me keepin the ring?"

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:23 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 315
Calmert: Cleric

"Who's keeping track of the loot? We can detect magic once we decide to stop for a rest?" the Gnome says looking to hand over the newly acquired treasure.

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals
[/quote]


Last edited by connivingsumo on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:01 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

Yes, the stick proved effective... shall we take a look at where it came from?

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:36 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Chicago, IL
The party searches the troll chief's room (#219).

Something has taken considerable pains to decorate this disused storeroom. The walls are covered with a plastering of excrement and bones, to form both patterns and shelf-like bone ledges. Skulls leer from these shelves — human, humanoid, dwarven, and various sorts of other creatures as well. The floor is a conglomerate of bones and ordure. A large armchair and crude table of sorts, each fashioned from bones, stand in the northwest corner. In the southeast corner is a heap of torn cloth, leather scraps, bits of tapestries, and pieces of rugs. You recall this is where the troll hid.

You find a leather pouch in the heap in the corner: it contains a potion.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 15/19


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 36  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group