It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:14 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 359
Location: Southern Quebec
Effric continues his attack on the creature in front of him!

Effric attack [1d20+2] = 18+2 = 20 damage [1d8+2] = 7+2 = 9

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16265
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Bror swings 'Glimmer' at the critter nearest to him 'Glimmer' Hand Axe +1 [1d20+2] = 6+2 = 8 to Hit [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4 DMG

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:22 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 12998
"Pardon me, lads," calls out Odo, "but if you would be so good as to take several steps back outside, the rest of us would have a chance to join you in the battle when those things follow you." He takes a position about 10 feet to the side of the entrance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 273
Calmert: Cleric

Attacks with his mace!

To Hit: [1d20] = 18
Damage: [1d6] = 3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1048
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin shouts "Get back so we can lob stuff at them!"

OOC: Thurwin stands by waiting for a chance to contribute...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1406
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

Tavin will stay back as Thurwin requested and chuck another star as long as he does not endanger his comrades.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 12998
If anyone actually complies with Odo's request to draw the monsters out where everyone can attack and he has a clear shot, he takes it:

Short bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+3] = 3+3 = 6 [1d6] = 6


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1858
Location: Chicago, IL
We've got to get in to get out, round 2

INITIATIVE baddies [1d6] = 4 party [1d6] = 5

Party members heed not Odo's advice as he, Thurwin and Tavin (who judges that he has no clear shot) stay back. Calthas (auotpilot) also holds fire.
Effric and Calmert deal damage to one of the carrion crawling creatures, while Bror swings wide. Sean rushes in PC attack [1d20] = 19 dmg [1d8] = 5, chopping at the same grub, slaying it.

The third crawling thing whips its tentacles (why tentacles, it only has eight, shouldn't it be eightacles?) at the four in melee (two at each, Effric, Calmert, Bror, and Sean) monster attack [1d20] = 20, [1d20] = 17, [1d20] = 16, [1d20] = 12 monster attack [1d20] = 1, [1d20] = 18, [1d20] = 17, [1d20] = 13.
Effric save vs paralysis [1d20] = 14
Calmert save vs paralysis [1d20] = 11
Bror save vs paralysis [1d20] = 2
Sean save vs paralysis [1d20] = 10

All four are hit, and Calmert, Bror, and Sean fall to the floorboards, paralyzed! Effiric feels awful after the jolt or whatever it gave him.

The action is inside the tower, you all outside waiting for your shots. And, if the DM gets his way, your comrades will soon be inside the creepy crawlie! :twisted:

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 7/9 < >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 12/14 <0/3/friends> *paralyzed*
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12 *paralyzed*

Sean 13/19 *paralyzed*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 12998
"Oh, bother," sighs Odo. He looks for a position from which he can fire at the giant octacle grub thing.

Short bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+3] = 5+3 = 8 [1d6] = 6


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:17 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Posts: 359
Location: Southern Quebec
"Ouch!" Effric yells. He grabs the closest comrade-in-arms and drags them out of the tower, making room for the others to advance.

_________________
The Smoldering Wizard
Swords & Wizardry Forum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 273
Zhym wrote:
If anyone actually complies with Odo's request to draw the monsters out where everyone can attack and he has a clear shot, he takes it:

Short bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+3] = 3+3 = 6 [1d6] = 6

I felt like having Calmert heed Odo's request this round would've been meta-gaming since Calmert had already charged into battle, so I was going to listen to the plump archer the following round; instead, I think Calmert will expertly lay there. :shock:

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals


Last edited by connivingsumo on Fri May 26, 2017 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1048
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard

Seeing the others go down (and unsure if they are dead or alive) Thurwin lets out an audible gasp and charges forward, he'll attempt to drag Calmert to safety and check on him.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 273
Sorry! This was a mispost. It's what I get for trying to pbp from a mobile phone :x


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1048
Location: Apex, NC
connivingsumo wrote:
Sorry! This was a mispost. It's what I get for trying to pbp from a mobile phone :x


Uh, yeah. I don't think the error is the phone, but rather the operator.


just sayin'...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:42 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am
Posts: 85
Calthas shoots at the creature, trying aim at a vital part. He will try to move close enough to be able to pull one of his companions who has fallen down if it becomes urgent to do so.

_________________
Celyon lvl 1 wizard STR: 12/12 CON: 10/10 AP: 0
Udulf lvl 1 rogue STR: 13/13 CON: 12/12 AP: 0
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1406
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tavin - Monk

Tavin wades in with his sword toward the nearest one, executing meteor falling from sky.

Bastard sword to hit: [1d20] = 19 damage: [2d4+1] = 8+1 = 9

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:17 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 1858
Location: Chicago, IL
We've got to get in to get out, round 3

INITIATIVE baddies [1d6] = 2 party [1d6] = 3

Effric drags out Bror as the third slug-like creature advances on them. Thurwin races forward and drags Calmert.

Calthas longbow [1d20+2] = 9+2 = 11, dmg [1d8] = 2
Tavin leaps in the air, bringing his sword to bear, upsetting Odo's and Calthas' shots in the process

monster attack [1d20] = 11, [1d20] = 8, [1d20] = 8, [1d20] = 3
monster attack [1d20] = 9, [1d20] = 6, [1d20] = 6, [1d20] = 1
Tentacles whip at the monk, who flips and spins, evading them all.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 7/9 < >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 12/14 <0/3/friends> *paralyzed*
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12 *paralyzed*

Sean 13/19 *paralyzed*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 12998
"Well done!" cheers Odo. "Continue not to die! Now stay out of the way so I can shoot that thing."

Short bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+3] = 1+3 = 4 [1d6] = 4

"Oh dear."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1048
Location: Apex, NC
Thurwin - Wizard, EMT

Thurwin will drag Calmert to a safe distance and make sure he's alive, but keeping a mindful eye on the area (critters and back toward the temple, lest we get other visitors...)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:26 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am
Posts: 85
Calthas consistently shoots at the enemy.

_________________
Celyon lvl 1 wizard STR: 12/12 CON: 10/10 AP: 0
Udulf lvl 1 rogue STR: 13/13 CON: 12/12 AP: 0
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group