Chapter 02: Out and about

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 02: Out and about

#61 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin makes a slow retreat and swings once more at the second snake Broad Sword [1d20 +1] = 18+1 = 19 to hit [2d4 +3] = 5+3 = 8 s/m dmg [1d6 +4] = 2+4 = 6 lrg dmg
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Dram »

Ox turns and retreats up the bank towards the horses. Once up he will turn and help Korin pulling him up. Run Korin! If need be we can fight from our horses.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by Nordbo »

Everyone please roll percentage d100

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by PyroArrow »

Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 5 / 6:

Percentile Roll Result: [1d100] = 20%
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by Nordbo »

But before the % roll, Norbold was also supposed to roll:
Save vs. poison!
- as well as deduct 2 more hp. Sorry, but that's how the snake bites ;)

GreyWolfVT

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Dram »

Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by Nordbo »

Am still waiting for Pyro's save vs. poison roll for Norbold. The alternative would be to use the % value Pyro rolled on Monday, and convert it to a saving throw result....but I'll give Pyro another day or two to roll a 'proper' save first.

The other two % rolls btw, from GW and Dram were for Korin's and Ox' chances to 'climb walls', in this case scampering up the crumbling/muddy river banks, out of reach of the snakes, without losing foothold. But I'll get to that later - - - - standing by for Pyro's save.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by PyroArrow »

Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 3 / 6:

Save Vs Poison (10): [1d20] = 6
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by Nordbo »

Thanks to the steady grip of his elven boots, Ox makes it up the river bank all right, then stretches out a hand to Korin, who first heroically sends Snake #2 off to reptile hell with the final blow of his broadsword, then retreats up the same muddy edge without any problems, joining Ox.

But below them, by the edge of the water, Norbold goes rigid, and collapses flat on his back in the wet mud - eyes locked open, his face a ghastly shade of white. He's gone catatonic, from the snake bite! And Snake #1 still sways dangerously over him!

At the very same time, something and strange happens: in its last death throe, Snake #2 coughs up a grape-fruit-sized crystal ball (covered in slime). It arcs upward, then comes down, crashing on a stone nearer the bank, and bursts open, exploding in a cloud of orange smoke!

Snake #1 recoils in fear at seeing this, and slither-jerks back towards the opposite river bank. When the smoke clears, a figure materializes itself, freed from the magical captivity of the crystal ball. It is a short, stocky, bearded fellow in a shiny black robe, brandishing an intricately carved quarterstaff. Eyes blinking, he quickly surveys the scene, by looking up at Ox and Korin, then towards Norbold....

cue: Storm!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Storm11 »

awesome introduction sir! Love it!

Coughing and spluttering the gnome shakes out his long hair and smooths his short stubbly beard.

"Well, good morning! My oh my I thought I was going to be in that snakes gullet forever. A gnome of my prestigious talents and power should not be captive in the bum of a greedy serpent for sure. My oh my where are my manners. Phoenix the Prismatic, wizard extraordinaire, at your service. Say, what's wrong with that elf over by there? Dear me but he doesn't look very well, no not at all!"

If the other snake does not continue to back off the little prestigidator will pull forth his two daggers and take a firm aim. "Back off, handbag!" he growls menacingly, backing away himself carefully towards the still active members of the party.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#72 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin turning to Ox "Eh I like this guy. Reminds me of a dwarf but I know he's a cousin gnome." then turning back to Phoenix "Well met, the elf Norbold there got bit by the snake just like me though he aint made of the tougher stuff like me ta be able ta shake it off. Hope we can save him but we aint got no healers." taking this as an opportune time to attack snake 1 seeing the gnome throw daggers at it, the dwarf takes out his throwing ax and hurls it at the snake. Though his excitement soon dies off as he watches his ax completely miss the snake. Hand/Throwing Axe [1d20 +1] = 4+1 = 5 to hit [1d6 +3] = 5+3 = 8 s/m dmg
hell of a way to have a gnome reborn into the group Nordbo :D

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Storm11 »

"Oo, deary my, yes indeed, poor ... Norbo is it? I may have just the thing. Well of course I don't know precisely what it is, but desperate times call for desperate measures. If you good fellows could just keep the wriggling worm away I will administer an elixir most wonderous. the gnome says with a flourish, pulling a special crystal vial from his belt pouch and carefully moving towards the fallen elf.
Greys Campaign.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by Nordbo »

Snake #1 stays put, over on the other side, but hisses wildly, neck still swaying, its eyes fixed on the group, as if in attack mode. But from its position, it can't reach fallen Norbold.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Storm11 »

The gnome will trot over, unstopper the elixir and wedge open the fallen elf's mouth, and dump the entire contents into his mouth, massaging his throats to make him swallow.

Phoenix will keep his front to the snake however.
Greys Campaign.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by Nordbo »

The gnome will trot over, unstopper the elixir and wedge open the fallen elf's mouth, and dump the entire contents into his mouth, massaging his throats to make him swallow.
please roll d100/% dice for Norbold.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Storm11 »

[1d100] = 9 never get me to roll any dice that matter. I offended the dice god's years ago somehow and they have hated me ever since. :cry:
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#78 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin will fetch his throwing ax and give it another try at the snake. Hand/Throwing Axe [1d20 +1] = 6+1 = 7 to hit [1d6 +3] = 5+3 = 8 s/m dmg
"Blasted hell guess it's back to using me sword if this luck keeps up."

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by Nordbo »

[1d100] = 9 never get me to roll any dice that matter. I offended the dice god's years ago somehow and they have hated me ever since.
Sorry I expressed myself unclearly: I meant that Pyro should roll d100 for Norbold
Korin will fetch his throwing ax
When wading out into the water towards the snake (beside which the thrown axe lies in the wet mud), he gets so close that the snake starts slithering/swaying towards him again, jaws open wide, in (what looks like) attack mode. Stooping to pick up the axe would have to mean brushing up against the snake.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Storm11 »

oops :oops: :D
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Minn's Mound (1e AD&D)”