Chapter 01: Another day at the pub

MajorRoy
Strider
Strider

Re: Chapter 01: Another day at the pub

#61 Post by MajorRoy »

Melkior smiles at the attention. I beg your pardon, the busker in the pubs song distracted me into nostalgic thought. I would like to buy four torches and a small sack to carry them in.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by Nordbo »

Brynn, to Korin: "A headache wand ? I'll double my offer: 60 GP for the wand, in cash. Plus a gift certificate worth 20 GP's of purchases from this establishment."

To Melkior: "You should't be needing torches, with such sparkle in your eyes….but here you go". This leaves Melkor with 1 cp. Please update character sheet

After all his purchases, Ox now has 11 GP + 36 CP left. Please update character sheet.
Also, if Ox wanted to attempt to transfer the Enlarge spell to his spell book, please roll % dice.

Brynn, to all: "Minn's Mound, was it ? Sure haven't heard that name in a long time. That's up by Minn's Bend. Strange place, boatmen would always try to pass it as soon as they could. Nice bit o' flat river bank there, but none ever dared set anchor. This was when there was water in the river of course. What was it I used to hear, 'Minn, Minn lets you win…' - a kid's rhyme from long ago. That doesn't sound too hostile, does it ? Odd...."

MajorRoy
Strider
Strider

#63 Post by MajorRoy »

Melkior interest is sparked as he takes his goods. Do you recall the rhyme in it's entirety? And how long have the river been dry? What happened to it, why did it go dry in the first place?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin in his profession is near drolling at the new offer on the rod he looks to Norbold "You sure you still want the rod Norbold? I mean I don't know Brynn I think Norbold still has his mind set to keep the rod." trying to recover from his own slip up. "Hmm yeah I heard of Minn's Bend but aint never heard mention of Minn's Mound before. River's been dry for long as I can remember, how bout you Brynn?" the dwarf asks while scratching his beard and looking like he's hard at thought trying to remember when was the last time he remembered the river having water or anything more about Minn's bend area.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by PyroArrow »

Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 6 / 6:

Norbold says, "Oh, go ahead and sell the wand to Brynn, if you want Korin, since he feels giving someone a headache is worth 60 gp, go for it !"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Dram »

Ox- Breaks from his Ah yes it does take some time and effort to move spells from a scroll to a spellbook..

%roll attempt to transfer to spell book
1D100 Roll [1d100] = 77
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "You sure you still want this thing Brynn? I gave the last person I accidentally used it on the worst headache imaginable."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by Nordbo »

Brynn: "Oh yes I'll buy the wand. Old Roggan" (nods to the back of the shop) "he always gives me a headache - now I'm in a position to return it ha ha"
Do you recall the rhyme in it's entirety? And how long have the river been dry? What happened to it, why did it go dry in the first place?
Brynn:"Come on, guys, you know the rhyme too... what was it now ? Oh yes, it goes like this:

'Minn, Minn, lets you win
Minn, Minn, when you're in
'

you know, we used to say it in the playground, like 'Eeny, meeny, miny, moe', right ? Dunno what it means though - but anyway sounds like Minn wasn't an altogether bad guy...?"

"As for the river Mush, I really don't know why it dried up. Maybe some dragon swallowed a whole lake up in the mountains ?!? But it's sure been hotter and drier for years now, don't you agree guys ? Most of the area around here and up Kinghill Valley is pretty baked nowadays. I stay inside during mid day"- strokes her pale cheeks coyly suggesting she has a delicate and beautiful complexion.

Dram: no % roll needed to copy the spell to the book - my mistake, sorry. Instead Ox may cast his Read Magic spell to move the Enlarge spell to your spell book - with automatic success. When it's done, the scroll text is erased.

Summary of transactions last round:
  • Brynn has bought linen and wooden frog from Korin for 8 gp + 4 cp - please update your character sheet
  • Brynn confirms that she buys the Wand of Migraines for 60 gp cash + 20 gp voucher - but from who ? From Korin or from the group ? Please decide who sells, and who shares the payment
  • You all decide keep the 'bug' scroll, then ? And Ox has not decided to identify it ? Who will carry it ?

GreyWolfVT

#69 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Technically speaking Korin stole these items why would he share the payment? ;)
Why aren't we identifying the bug scroll? Ox?
As for the voucher Melkoir could use it if he needs any more equipment.
I updated the inventory of my sheet except what we did not sell or identify so i have the 'bug' scroll still.

Korin "Very well then the rob is yours Brynn." the dwarf smiles and hands over the rod. "Don't have to much fun with it, I dun only used er once an dunno how many more times it can be used."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Dram »

Ox- Writes in his spell book then puts the now blank scroll in his back pack,

There is another scroll I missed in the read. Ox would of identified both.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by Nordbo »

Dram wrote:There is another scroll I missed in the read. Ox would of identified both.
Sorry, the Read Magic that Ox used to transfer the Enlarge scroll spell to his spell book can only be used on one item at a time.
In order to work out what the 'Bug scroll' is, Ox could use Read Magic again, or his Identify spell.
(although by casting another spell now, Ox will have used up his 2 spells per day limit. But you guys could always rest one more night before setting off)
Technically speaking Korin stole these items why would he share the payment?
So it was, thanks for the reminder!

GreyWolfVT

#72 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin taking all payment for the rod then looks to Melkior "You can take this voucher and use it ta get anythin else ya need new friend." the dwarf then hands over the voucher. unless it is a "verbal" agreement type voucher.

MajorRoy
Strider
Strider

#73 Post by MajorRoy »

Melkior beams gratitude toward Korin. "Thank you dearly! Without your generosity, I would truly be lost. You are a miracle sent from the Starry Eye itself."

For the voucher he buys:
1 Backpack, leather (2gp)
1 Tinderbox (1gp)
1 Great Helm (14gp)
1 pair of Boots, high hard (2gp)
2 ropes (8sp)
1 Belt (3sp)
1 Cloak (5sp)
4 Candles, wax (4sp)

"Could I have the helm fitted so this mask could attach to it? And do you truly have a warship for sale here?" He smiles mischievously.

GreyWolfVT

#74 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "Eh, can't have the ney guy runnin around wit us on an adventure with nothin now can we." the dwarf elbows Melkior again in the side and winks "Sides, I aint gonna have much use fer anything that aint coin. I don't like ta hold on ta paper money just don't feel right yah no." issuing a short chuckle after finishing his final statement.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Dram »

Ox- I could use another day to read this scroll guys. And all this talk of a dried up river has gotten me thirsty. Also I have used one spell for the day already. I we gets into trouble we may need that other spell.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by Nordbo »

Brynn (to Melkior): "Absolutely, I'll have it fitted immediately. ROGGAN ! Get yer pliers out!" (takes the mask and helmet into the back of the shop then comes back) "It'll only take a few minutes. A fully armed warship though, will, naturally, take slightly longer. But we are fully licensed ship brokers for all the top yards along the coast. Point of delivery would have to be discussed, of course...but why you would want to run aground with such a vessel up Minn's Bend, I genuinely do not know, Mr. Starry Eye...." (winks, and tears up the voucher)

Please update Melkior's inventory on the character sheet

Roggan then peers out "Hullo, fellows, all right ? Great mask, this. Maluchi metalware, is it ?" nods to everyone, hands Brynn the new helmet/mask combination and ducks back in again, not really waiting for replies.

Brynn (to all, while handing Melkior his goods) : "That's that, then, my handsome adventurers. Setting off today, are you ?"

GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin shrugs "Dunno gotta drop off Jacob's pack ere an Ox apparently needs more time ta deal with me scroll fore we can sell it er use it."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Dram »

Ox- If ya can do with out the coin we can take tha scroll with us. I will study it tonight when we stop and rest for the evening.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by PyroArrow »

Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 6 / 6:

Rician says, "Yes, Yes, let us give Ox time with the scroll, then we shall be off to Minn's bend afterwards. This will give us a little more time to

dig up any more information and make sure we have what we need for the trip."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Dram »

Ox- I shall retire to my study. Grinning And walks out the door merchant shop.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Minn's Mound (1e AD&D)”