Chapter 01: Another day at the pub

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 01: Another day at the pub

#41 Post by Nordbo »

Pub owner Darren swoops past once again. "Can I offer you anything else ? We've got a great new beer on tap: Skullsplitter. Or maybe something from the menu ? Orc knuckle...Roc au vin...Grapple pie?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "As always Darren than you for the excellent service but we've got things ta take care of, heroics and what not, less you can restock our rations looks like we'll be headin ta the general supply."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Nordbo »

Darren: "Rations ? Whatcha take me for, this is a Condor Bleu establishment. Fine fare to discerning clients is all I offer (as you well know). But say hello to Brynn over at the store. And Minn too, if you ever meet him, he he..."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Dram »

Ox- We will be off then. Darren have an Ale ready for us when we return. Ox turns heads out the door.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Nordbo »

Is it correct to assume that, after exiting the pub, everyone is heading for the store ? If not, pls state any other destination(s)

GreyWolfVT

#46 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nordbo wrote:Is it correct to assume that, after exiting the pub, everyone is heading for the store ? If not, pls state any other destination(s)
That indeed is Korin's destination, with a brief stop to Jacob's home to leave the pack minus the scroll. ;)

Korin fishes through Jacob's pack and retrieves the scroll "Might be needin' this." the closes the pack up again and heads off to the store handing the scroll off to Norbold "Perhaps you can make heads er tails of this thing."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MajorRoy
Strider
Strider

#47 Post by MajorRoy »

Melkior tags along.

"How far away is it, Minn's Bend I mean? That would dictate the volume of rations and supplies needed for the journey to and fro. Add to that the needs of any captive we liberate!"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Dram »

Ox- Addresses Melkior. I have been that way since I was a youngin. Took longer with shorter legs.

OCC- Heading out with Korin to Jacobs then store.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by PyroArrow »

Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 6 / 6:

Norbold will be buying iron rations (1 week's worth), a bedroll and 8 more arrows.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by Nordbo »

MajorRoy wrote:Melkior tags along.

"How far away is it, Minn's Bend I mean? That would dictate the volume of rations and supplies needed for the journey to and fro. Add to that the needs of any captive we liberate!"
Calculate 1 week to start with.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by PyroArrow »

Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 6 / 6:

Unfortunately Norbold can't identify the scroll that Korin shows Norbold.

Norbold says, "Hmmm, I can not make any sense out of this, Hey Ox, have a look at this scroll. "

But Ox might know....
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin will purchase a weeks worth of rations potentially 2 weeks worth for the return trip if he can afford it after selling the strange frog statue key thing from Wob's cave.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by Nordbo »

The door to the store in Slowcroft stands ajar. Walking up the path, the group can see one of the senior staff, Brynn Settels, inside.
Brynn_Settels_at_Slowcroft_Store.jpg
Brynn_Settels_at_Slowcroft_Store.jpg (40.1 KiB) Viewed 3552 times
Brynn:"Hello-o-o, boys"

Norbold buys 1 week's rations (2gp+14sp), 8 arrows (14 sp) and a bedroll (3 sp), and now has 3 gp and 9 sp left.*

Ox buys 1 week's rations (2gp+14sp) which leaves him with 12 gp, 16 sp and 36 cp.*

Brynn first sells Korin 2 sets of 1 week rations, for him and Melkior (5 gp+8 sp, leaving Korin with 4 gp, 16 sp and 4 cp*), then takes a look at the wooden frog.

"Hmm. You want to sell this ? It looks a bit...evil. Let's see" and inspects it closer. "Hmm... it's got a stamp underneath: S.O. ? something. Hang on, I'll have to ask Roggan." and disappears into the back.

* please update your character sheets

GreyWolfVT

#54 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "Aye, I'd be likin' ta sell it. I may have a couple other items ta sell er identify if we can scrape the coin together." the dwarf shuffles through his pack and takes out some items he took off a drunkard during the Wob adventure.
1 piece of linen
1 some kind of rod
1 a scroll (not sure if this is from Jacob's pack or not I failed to note where i got it)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Dram »

Ox- Looks over the scroll. This is a Magic Users scroll. 1st level Enlarge it looks to be. I shall study it so that I have it in my spell book.

Ox turns to Brynn I would like to buy 1 weeks worth of rations. Might you have any other items that may help us in our journey.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by Nordbo »

Brynn comes back to the counter, and places the wooden frog next to the till for the moment. "Hmm, let's see what else you got".
GreyWolfVT wrote:Korin "Aye, I'd be likin' ta sell it. I may have a couple other items ta sell er identify if we can scrape the coin together." the dwarf shuffles through his pack and takes out some items he took off a drunkard during the Wob adventure.
1 piece of linen
1 some kind of rod
1 a scroll (not sure if this is from Jacob's pack or not I failed to note where i got it)
Brynn gives the items a feel with her fairly large, yet still very feminine fingers:
"Linen.....OK.
A rod....it says 'Megrim'. What does it do ?
The scroll, hmm, it's decorated with bugs along the borders, odd - what spell did Ox or Norbold say it was ?"

Dram wrote:Ox- This is a Magic Users scroll. 1st level Enlarge it looks to be. I shall study it so that I have it in my spell book.
(Note: this is Jacob's scroll, not the 'bug' scroll Brynn is inspecting at the same time) Percentage roll please, to see if Ox succeeds - thanks.
Dram wrote:Ox turns to Brynn I would like to buy 1 weeks worth of rations.
Already taken care of, see earlier post
Dram wrote:Ox to Brynn Might you have any other items that may help us in our journey.
Brynn: "Absolutely, Ox, we have a good range of stuff" See current list of items for sale here: http://unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic ... 467&t=6406

Brynn: "By the way, who's your handsome friend here?" (casts a glance at Melkior)

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "Brynn this Melkior, Melkior this is Brynn owner of this fine establishment. Melkior's a battle hardened road weary knight of sorts from lands afar." the dwarf takes care of introductions. "That rod and the bug scroll thing might be of use to us, the frog and linen not so much. An don't go about askin where i found the stuff either. The linen condition is as was found, so don't go lookin at me all judgmental like Brynn." and the dwarf haggles and jokes with Brynn in the process.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Dram »

OX- Searches thru his items to see what he needs to restock. I would like to buy 2 of your waterskins. Does Ol' Lady McRae sell any her spell components or healing herbs.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by Nordbo »

Dram wrote:OX- I would like to buy 2 of your waterskins. Does Ol' Lady McRae sell any her spell components or healing herbs.
Brynn:"You're lucky, Ox, my last two waterskins. Badger hide - should last a while. (Deduct 28 sp) Healing herbs...well we got some stale belladonna, but do you really need it ? Have you caught yourself howlin' at the moon lately, or what ?"
NB: Spell components not necessary in my game.

Brynn glances at Melkior again: "Battlehardened, hee hee. Nudge-nudge-wink-wink! He don't speak much though - the quiet and strong type. I like that.

Now down to business. You won't say what the wand or scroll can do? Fine. Then I offer you:

• 8 gp for the frog
  • 4 cp for the linen
  • 30 gp for the wand (just because this ribbed surface feels so....nice)
  • 20 gp for the scroll

in all 58 gp 4 cp cash. Deal ?

By-the-by, where are you boys heading this time ?"

Waiting for Ox % roll to learn the scroll spell

GreyWolfVT

#60 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "The rod gives folks a powerful headache apparently, but Norbold appears to want to keep it. But I agree to yer deal on the linen and frog statue. Waitin' for ol' Ox here to work his skills on the scroll though fore I can say if we're gonna sell it er not. Where we're headin' off to check somethin' one of the lads in town was sayin' some lizardman kidnapped some monk. Minn's mound the lad was callin' it." turning to look at Melkior "Eh he weren't this quiet back in the tavern. But guess ya gotta pour the drink into him first to get him talkin' much." the dwarf gives Melkior a little nudge with his elbow and winks at him indicating he is just messing with him.

Return to “Minn's Mound (1e AD&D)”