It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Korin scratches his head with this one free hand "Eh? That it is. Someone er somethin been busy in here." the dwarf also tries to examine the odd construction.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1346
Location: Behind the screen.
Once lit up, the edifice isn't really that strange after all. It's a set of double doors, on the south wall of a 20x20' room, large parts of which are covered by weird-looking mold.
Unlike the previous room, there are no footprints or bits of dead fish strewn across the floor.
Attachment:
MM_Room.jpg
MM_Room.jpg [ 143.95 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]
Alert me if you can't see the above picture


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am
Posts: 3040
Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 6 / 6:

Following behind Korin and Thorelf, awaits the results of their scrutiny of the double doors and mold before them.

_________________
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:40 pm 
Offline
Squire
Squire

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Stockholm
Thorelf pokes the right patch of mold with his stick. We don't have this back in Franken, that's for sure. Korin, is this dwarven design? Thorelf makes a sweeping gesture towards the door. No footprints, right? Makes me wonder why the ogre doesn't come here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Korin looks at the doors with scrutiny "Dun look it ta me. Dwarves take pride in their craft an dwarven doors twould be grander design." the dwarf fighter thief puts his thief skills to practice on the doors checking for traps. on the double doors, and listening for any noise at the doors signalling for the others to be silent for a moment.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3837
Location: Michigan
OX follows ready for any dangers weapons ready.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:52 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1346
Location: Behind the screen.
With everyone now inside, detailed exploration of the square chamber commences. Ox and Norbold spread out across the quarrelet, ready for any complications, while Thorelf pokes a soft hole in the mold. But all that shows beneath the fuzzy yellow-grey layer, is brown-grey mud wall.

Korin scans the double doors for traps but comes up with nothing; pressing his hairy ears towards them reveals no sounds either.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
Squire
Squire

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Stockholm
Thorelf Turns to Korin after a while. Nothing? I still have a weird feeling about this place. Lemme check if this is locked. Thorelf grabs the right door handle and tries to open the door, just an inch or so, to see if it's locked. He tries to pull the door somewhat towards him first. If that doesn't work he tries to push it a tiny bit.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Korin stops Thorelf one the doors is partially opened takes out his dagger in the free hand and holds the blade an an angle to see better and inches the blade through the doors opening looking at any reflections on the blade.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 am
Posts: 3245
Phoenix stands well back from the doorway as the others examine what’s beyond.

_________________
Saracen Solaris - 1st/1st level half-orc fighter/cleric of Pholtus, Lord of Light. Big Shiny Island
Tempus Werefoot - 4th level Halfling Druid Lone City in the Wildland
Jamal Al Asir - 2nd level hairfoot halfling Sha'ir Al-qadim 12+1 adventures
Phoenix the Chromatic - 1st level gnome illusionist Minn's Mound adventure


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:05 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1346
Location: Behind the screen.
Hatching a clever idea in his sly dwarven mind, Korin attempts to use his dagger as an anacamptic detection device. Most likely, however, the area beyond is door is dark; whatever light is reflected in the blade, appears to come from the torches on this side.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:22 pm 
Offline
Squire
Squire

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Stockholm
Thorelf raises one eyebrow, leans over and whispers to Korin, is that blood running down your neck? I know you dwarves are tough and all, but shouldn’t you get someone to look at that? Isn’t there a chantry or something nearby? Anyway, the more reason to be careful here. Back in Franken they say both dwarves and gnomes see in the dark. Can you survey the room on the other side if I back off with the torches? Don't want to draw unnecessary attention from anything living in there. If Korin agrees, Thorelf backs off with one or both torches, in the meantime examining the walls and ceiling of the room/corridor they're already in.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Korin ignores the question about blood not recalling any recent injuries but some close calls with the ogre. The dwarf hands over his torch sheaths his dagger and takes out his sword then opens the door just enough so he can slip in and look around with his infravision.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1346
Location: Behind the screen.
The two at the doors quickly agree on how to proceed; Korin takes a peek inside but picks up nothing on infravision - only that it seems to be a corridor continuing onward at the same width (20´).
Meanwhile, Thorelf looks over their current location a bit more, but doesn't find anything remarkable - it is what it is.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:26 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Korin pokes his head back through the doors empty hand out "Aint nothin hand me torch back an lets proceed on."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1346
Location: Behind the screen.
Opening up the two doors reveals a 20' wide passage, paved with pairs of stone slabs, extending as far as the torchlight reaches and probably further.

The stone slabs are flat and even, but on slabs 2 and 3 in the left row (counting from the doors), symbols have been cut or carved into the surface, to create a sunk-in pattern, a bit like a recess. The symbols visible are a circle and a triangle.
Attachment:
Double_doors_open.jpg
Double_doors_open.jpg [ 214.03 KiB | Viewed 34 times ]
Alert me if you can't see the above picture


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:10 pm 
Offline
Squire
Squire

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Stockholm
Thorelf *whistles* , squats and starts checking the first two stone slabs, if they're loose and/or trapped.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Korin starts checking each slab for traps as well. "Appears we be of like minds Thorelf."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 am
Posts: 3245
Phoenix waits carefully for the others to inspect the place before following, some ten feet behind. He keeps watch on what happens informs of the exploring scouts, as well as behind him.

_________________
Saracen Solaris - 1st/1st level half-orc fighter/cleric of Pholtus, Lord of Light. Big Shiny Island
Tempus Werefoot - 4th level Halfling Druid Lone City in the Wildland
Jamal Al Asir - 2nd level hairfoot halfling Sha'ir Al-qadim 12+1 adventures
Phoenix the Chromatic - 1st level gnome illusionist Minn's Mound adventure


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:19 am 
Offline
Squire
Squire

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Stockholm
Thorelf *addresses everyone in a low voice* So, what do you fellows know about these caves? Is this a tomb, or some kind of lair for....something? Someone or something went to great lenghts to build this hallway with the cut stones and all.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group