Chapter 2 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga)

#41 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke continues to return fire.

[1d20] = 11 popping caps at raiders

If we can take one more down, we can try to convince the other two to leave.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven takes another shot at one of the raiders when he as a good shot past their cover. [1d20] = 16
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rukellian »

Two more raiders down. The last one, blinded but realizing he is outnumbered and in a bad spot, runs back into his wooden shelter. A heavy door of wood and bolted metal is closed behind him.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke waves for Seven to come down and opens the gate to the compound.

Once he arrives, Zeke says, Got any more of that dynamite?

GreyWolfVT

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven picks up from his sniping spot and rushes to the entrance of the camp then answers Zeke's question "Got one last stick."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke calls out to the raider inside.

Hey buddy, this is your last chance. Your pals aren't coming back to rescue you. They ran into a shitload of mines when they were driving around the settlement. I suspect you heard the explosions.

And you're about one stick of dynamite away from seeing my shotgun up close.

It's worth it to us to let you go free, unharmed, if we don't have to waste the boomstick on this door. But our patience is not unlimited.

GreyWolfVT

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "If you wanna make this hard I can wake the baby." he pulls out the grenade launcher he never used the last time they hit the raider camp and smiles like a sly dog to Zeke.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rukellian »

You hear various locks behind the door come undone. The raider then opens the door with his hands up. "Hey, fine by me. This group was going to shit anyhow. I didn't sign up to be a slaver."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke covers the raider with his shotgun and asks him a few questions before they let him go.

Anyone else in there?

Anybody in there you were planning on selling?

Who were you selling them to?

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven at first a bit fast and pissed sounding rattles off a couple questions "You the last one left in this camp? Anyone else around here?" calming down he then says "I'm willing to let you go free if you aren't planning on turning on us if we let you live. Deal? Now mind answering our questions?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rukellian »

"Easy, easy! Jesus." The raider instinctively replies when he sees a shotgun being waved around. "Yeah, if what you say about the mines are true, then I'm the last one. The others were going to send him to the Southern Docks if the settlement ransom didn't pan out. There's always someone there who will buy just about anything. Me? I just handle the chems, or... used to. Ever since they caught me dipping into the Jet, they hid the f--king stash from me."

The raider, seeing the two in front of him calm down some, clings onto a stray flicker of hope and starts to run with it. (The face says it all...) "Hey.... if you guys help me find that stash. I'd be willing to split it. Whaddya say?"

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "I don't use chems. How about we see if the doc can help you with that addiction?" then resting his hands near his pistols "Unless you don't want a second chance with life that is." then getting a sort of challenging look in his eyes "If that's the case then go ahead make my day."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says, If you want to change your life around, get back on the straight path, we can put a good word in with the doc at the settlement. If not, the door's that way. Forget about the stash either way. You already won the big prize: you're leaving here alive.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rukellian »

"Your los-" The raider stops and thinks better of it before continuing. "Right. I'll just be leaving then, that way." He points to the entrance that Zeke shows, and carefully lays down his pipe pistol as a show of cooperation.

He turns to leave, but stops at the entrance, and then says one last thing. "Look, I know I'm scum and that you had every right to shoot or blow me away, but you didn't. I won't forget that. If we meet again, I owe you, I guess..." He shakes his head in disbelief and walks away.

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "Just keep yourself clean is all the thanks I need. Get yourself cleaned up and stay off the chems." tipping the brim of his hat at the former raider "Don't make us regret letting you live, a second chance at life doesn't come often out here."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by sulldawga »

Once the raider is gone, Zeke secures the main gate and then searches the dead raiders in the yard.

We should sweep this place quickly and then get out of here. I trust that guy about as far as I can throw him.

Assuming Seven is amenable to the plan, Zeke offers to take point. He loads up his shotgun with shells, sticks his flashlight to the top of the barrel (in case it's dark inside) and enters the door where the raider emerges.

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven watches the former raider go before helping Zeke secure the gate and search the place. Taking the time to also help salvage anything useful from the dead raiders and their camp.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rukellian »

The dead raiders were standard equipped (leathers, pipe pistols, munitions for the pipe pistols) and the camp itself had a few stashes, but not that cleverly hidden. No one was waiting in ambush, and if there was, they fell asleep on the job. You find a few half-eaten cans of food and some cheap alcohol. There was a pile of caps being saved up, but all together was worth only a stimpack or two.

Your search is interrupted when you hear a voice cutting through the silence.

"All is clear in the western front. The damage was minimal and those mutants got it good. The Brotherhood has quarantined the area until further notice. Folks, if you value your life, don't go to the western front, and now for some tunes!" A western song starts to play.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke seeks out the source of the music.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rukellian »

The music comes from a room towards the back of the camp. The door is locked shut, but you can see through a partially boarded up window that a radio is the source of it.

Return to “Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)”