Chapter 2 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 2 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga)

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven agrees "Yes lets head back."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Rukellian »

The trip back to the hideout goes without incident as well as the trip back to the settlement. A heavy silence hangs around you, save the howling winds of the wastes and thunderous roars of your motorbike engines. It looks like this area will know peace for a time, what with the radscorpion population down and the raiders temporarily out of the picture.

Upon your arrival at the settlement. Reginald greets you two with a hearty welcome. All the notable figures of the area gather around to celebrate your return. Seeing you two return, they know now that the raider problem is a thing of the past, and that they can start safely exploring sections of the city again. As the people gather to shake your hand, you notice that there are two faces missing from the group, the Doc and his boy.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke asks around as to the whererabouts of the Doc and his son.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Rukellian »

"Oh, the Doc? Yes, your friend picked those two up. He did say that you'd be busy cleaning out the raiders, so they went ahead of you. Though, if you ask me, the Southern Docks would have been the last place I would have sent them, you know? Easy place to get lost and stay hidden, but a rough nasty crowd, unfortunately."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says, My friend? Who is that, exactly?

GreyWolfVT

#86 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven thinks the ghoul is back in the area "I've got a good idea but he aint a friend of ours. We only met him once if it is who I think it is. Tell me was he a ghoul or the same man we had here with us when we saved the docs boy?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Rukellian »

"A ghoul? No... it was definitely a man. Wasn't that other fellow either." Reginald's voice trails off, realizing he made an error in judgment. "You guys are telling me I entrusted the care of the Doc and his boy to a complete stranger?"

Everyone goes silent after that. The mayor continues, this time a bit more flustered. "I-I mean, hey, he knew your names! How was I to know he wasn't part of your group?" He groans.

GreyWolfVT

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven looks at Zeke "How the hell did he know our names? Our only friend other than you all is Deuce and nobody else knows our names. Which way did they go?"

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke slowly shakes his head and wonders to himself how this settlement ever survived the apocalypse with its current leadership.

Well, Seven, I suppose we're overdue for a visit to the Southern Docks. Not that people haven't been trying to kill us right here at home but it's nice to have all those murderers and thieves collected in one spot where we can get a good look at them.

GreyWolfVT

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven shakes his head "Yeah but I son't like it one bit. Try and do good for these good people and all it does is buy us more trouble. Lets go see who this friend is of ours now shall we?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rukellian »

Before you leave the settlement and head back to your safe house, Reginald stops you two and begins to apologize for the huge blunder on his end. "It ain't much, but we all want you to at least have these for your trip south." He hands you a bundle of stimpacks. [1d20] = 7 of them to be exact. "Please, bring make sure those two are alright! It ain't safe for them up here now, and who knows where they'll find shelter again, but until they do, I can't think of anyone else who can protect them better than you fine fellows."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says to Seven, I have a couple things I need to do before we go.

He heads back to the hideout, grabs the radscorpion carapace they retrieved a while back, and brings it back to the settlement. He stops in at Red's place.

Red, I know you said you'd work on my leather armor down the line but I'm wondering if you can do something with this instead. Pretty decent sized hide here. See how much armor you can make out of it for me?

GreyWolfVT

#93 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "Alright I'll wait outside Zeke." watching as others walk by outside red's place for Zeke to get his armor.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Rukellian »

Red takes an appraising look at the carapace hides. After a few moments of thought, he looks up and nods his head silently. He points towards a number hanging on his stand, indicating how long it will take him to make something of the stuff.

[1d20] = 18 18 hours and you will have 3 sets of something like this:
radscorpion carapace armor pieces.jpg
radscorpion carapace armor pieces.jpg (28.45 KiB) Viewed 404 times
The radscorpion shell pieces have been fitted with leather strappings and cushioning, large enough to be placed over standard clothing and gear. For gameplay purposes, it will provide a penalty to all enemy attacks that strike those areas.

Red does not charge you for this service but considers this his last freebie for a while.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says, Seven, what do you think? Should we wait for the armor or head out now? Either way, you can have one and we can sell or trade the third.

People will think we're twins if we both roll in wearing those. On the other hand, it's got to be a bit intimidating seeing guys who you know can kill a radscorp.

GreyWolfVT

#96 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven chuckles at the last statement made by Zeke "Twins like Arnold and Danny maybe. Eh we wait that long and that is eighteen more hours ahead of us the doc and his boy are with this stranger."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke shrugs.

Let's get moving then.

He tells Red that they'll be back later to pick up the radscorp armor.

I'm ready to get on the bikes and head for the Docks. How long of a trip is it?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Rukellian »

If you are able to go through the city without incident, it will take about an 8 hours travel on a bike from the southern edge of the city's perimeter to reach the Southern Docks. Travel time between the settlement you are at and the city is 3 hours on a bike. We are looking at at least 11 hours of travel time, one way.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says, Seven, make sure you grab some extra gas before we go. There's no way we're going to make this trip without using those sidecar fuel tanks you rigged up for us.

GreyWolfVT

#100 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven nods and says "Yup already on it Zeke." carrying two cans of gas already.

Return to “Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)”