Chapter 1 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga, Bluehorse)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 1 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga, Bluehorse)

#321 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven heads out with Zeke and Deuce looking for a good spot to cover Zeke once he is over the wall. keeping a keen eye out to make sure nobody else sneaks up on em while too trying to be stealthy.

[1d20] = 5
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Rukellian »

Right, so if I understand your strategy correctly, Zeke and Seven will be covering Deuce as he approaches the front entrance. Once the raiders come out to see who it is, they will be sniped? Deuce will then rush to the copter and airlift the other two over the wall and secure the child. Does that all sound about right?

If the above is correct, then this is what happens. When Zeke and Seven get into position to help cover Deuce, they run into Raiders inhabiting the nearby buildings, failing their stealthy entries. They are few in number, the raiders found, but if you guys split up it will be a 1 vs 2 scenario.

<insert generic raider taunt/threat here>!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#323 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I believe only Zeke is getting airlifted Seven doesn't like flying in any form. Seven was going to remain on a roof covering Zeke and Deuce as they do the whole air lift maneuver.

Seven seeing the raider acts quickly and takes a shot at the raider [1d20] = 5
i honestly forget what guns we said we had with us, I know I have my pistols always have those on me, and I grabbed the big baby (grenade launcher) but I can't remember if I said I had a rifle or not... :shock:
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by sulldawga »

Surprised by the appearance of the raider, Zeke shoots at him and then ducks for cover.

[1d20] = 10 shooting at raider

I thought I had posted an explanation before but I don't see it so here goes again.

The plan is for Zeke and Seven to move into sniping position together . Deuce remains well away from the raider compound, watching the raiding party to make sure they're moving away. Once Seven communicates to Deuce that they're in position, Deuce flies to the compound and buzzes it.

Once the remaining raiders in the compound come outside to see what the deal is, Zeke and Seven snipe them.

Once the remaining raiders are either dead or back indoors, Seven remains in sniping position to keep watch. Zeke runs down to the compound and Deuce lifts him over the wall. Zeke then proceeds to enter the compound and look for the kid.

Deuce stays aloft to watch for the return of the raiding party.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by Rukellian »

Okay, thanks for the summary.

Since Zeke and Seven are currently together looking for the sniping spot, its a 2v4 scenario.

Seven misses in his moment of surprise, but the raiders are slow to react. Consider them ready to attack next turn; Zeke, however, got a solid hit and managed to down one fairly quickly. It's now 2v3.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke takes another shot at the raiders from cover.

[1d20] = 15 shooting at raiders

GreyWolfVT

#327 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven aggravated that he missed takes aim and fires again [1d20] = 1

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Rukellian »

[1d20] = 18
[1d6] = 5

In the heat of the moment, Seven lets his anger get the best of him. His focus is off, and so it affects his accuracy, resulting in another missed shot. One of the raider's takes advantage of this situation and swings a barbed baseball bat at him, slugging him with 5 points of damage.

Zeke remains calm and takes down another raider with ease.

[1d20] = 18
[1d6] = 6

However, one of the remaining two raiders whips out a pistol and shoots from the hip as if in response. Fortunately Zeke was behind cover and the bullet was stopped.

Its now 2v2.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke calls out Let's talk! We don't need to kill each other. We just want information and then we'll let you walk.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Rukellian »

The raiders pause for a moment, they look at each other in silence, and then the one with the pistol raises it menacingly and say, "Oh?! The scavvie wants to talk business? Is that what I heard? Well why didn't you just say so in the beginning?"

The other raider flings his arm up in the air, clearly angry. "What the hell man! He just took down two of our men in seconds, SECONDS, and you want to talk?"

"Hey, hey, shut up! Those two were deadbeats anyways. More loot for us in the end, yeah?"

Civil raiders, and you thought you saw everything...

Deuce cannot see any of this happening, but if the PipBoy radios are on, you might be hearing it all go down. Your in range, but you'd have to move around to find a window good enough for a clean shot.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke looks at Seven and signals for him to circle around and find a good flanking position while he distracts the remaining raiders.

We're looking for a kid from the nearby settlement. Word on the street is that you guys are connected with the local slavers. You got that kid, or seen him?

GreyWolfVT

#334 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven holding his side and the other hand on his pistol "Sure talk... I'm more a cowboy but fine lets chat."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Rukellian »

"Depends. Got caps?"

GreyWolfVT

#336 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "Caps I got you won't like." he says while reloading his gun.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says, I don't know that you guys are in any position to bargain. Do I have to kill another one of you and then see if the last guy has more sense?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by Rukellian »

"I knew it!" screams the second raider. He lunges forth with his barbed baseball bat and takes another swing at Seven. [1d20] = 3 He strikes out.

"F--k!" shouts the other. His pistol flies up to Zeke and fires. [1d20] = 17 [1d6] = 5 The bullet strikes Zeke's cover, but does not go through.

And just like how most negotiations with raiders go, things just don't seem to work out. Oh well! :lol:

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke frowns and returns fire.

[1d20] = 17 shootin' some raiders

Return to “Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)”