Chapter 1 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga, Bluehorse)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga, Bluehorse)

#361 Post by Bluehorse »

Duece

Zooms out heading as much forward as up as he takes off to get out quickly as possible making a wide circle as he did the day before, coming to hover over Seven so he can grab on before he heads off to meet at the waypoint with Zeke.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke turns to Seven.

There's only three left in there. We could try to clean them out before the raiding party gets back. Also, no witnesses would be great for our future prospects. Let's go talk to the kid and see what he knows about the inside.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#363 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven responds to Zeke's suggestion with a silent nod of his head.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Bluehorse »

Duece

Lands nearby, coming from behind their position as before so as not to give it away to anyone from the encampment. He lets the gyrocopter slowly idle down and shuts it off helping the boy off with a big smile. "Come on, Lad. That was fun, wasn't it?" He grins as he walks the boy over to his companions. "I'd say that went surprisingly well!"

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke walks up and looks the kid in the eye.

So, tell me son, what is it about you that caused both raiders and some ghoul body snatcher to get all excited?

GreyWolfVT

#366 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven 'How about we let the boy calm down first he has been through a rough ordeal them raiders beat the snot outta him. Can't yah see the boy is actin like the beat him to be."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by Rukellian »

The boy was indeed all grins as he flew in the air on the gyrocopter. He has no idea who these people are, but considering his collar was removed, he feels as if he can at least trust them.

"It's okay mister." the young boy says politely. "I'm built tough, just like Grognak!"

Upon hearing the question about why the raiders and ghoul were after him, he shakes his head in clear guilt and fesses up.

"I didn't want to take another shot. My dad means well, but it stings awfully bad, and I thought I could just skip it, so.... I hid it! The raiders steal, so I had to make sure they couldn't find the shot. My dad says it's very valuable, the stuff of superheroes! Though," he says with a confused look and crossed arms, "I don't know about any ghoul. Did he want the shot too?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke mumbles to himself a bit...

Hmm. Well, do you remember where you hid it? I think, at this point, we're better off forgetting about the raiders and focusing on getting the kid home. If that ghoul is really just out for the shot, he could be targeting us right now.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by Bluehorse »

Deuce Listens grimly. "I wonder if we are talking vaccine or steroids. Either way, I don't want the raiders or anyone else getting it. It'll be in better hands with the good Doctor. Look, I say we have the boy tell us where it is, I will fly him back pronto,
straight line and all, and meet you back at the new safehouse. Savy?"

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says, I might suggest you take the kid straight to the settlement and his dad. We'll cover you from the ground as best as possible. Once he's back safe, the three of us can look for the shot.

I don't like the idea of splitting us up. And the ghoul needs the kid to find the shot so let's protect him first.

GreyWolfVT

#371 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "I'm thinkin we'd be best hightailing back to the boys dad forget the shot for the moment obviously it brings nothin but trouble with it. Zeke you and I need to grab our bikes and follow back to the doc. WE can figure this shot and raider issue out after the boy is safe at home."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says, I'm a scoundrel at heart so I gotta ask. Kid, what do those raiders have in there with them? Anything valuable?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by Rukellian »

"Well," starts the boy, "I don't know what they are, but them raiders have been fighting over shots of their own!" He goes on to describe them in better detail, what happened when the raiders took these 'shots'. You can quickly guess that he was referring to a cache of chems stored within the camp (Jet, Buffout, Psycho...). Besides the chems, the boy also stated that the raiders had a few canned goods laying around, but that they were running low, hence the raiding party from earlier.

With the gyrocopter, one of you can take the boy back to the settlement, but the others would have to use bikes and risk the dangers of the ground. You'd also be leaving behind one bike in favor of the copter, and if you wanted to keep it, you'd have to make a return trip back at some point. There is also the option of you all going together (safety in numbers), and have the boy ride alongside Deuce in the side car, but then the copter would have to be left behind for later pick-up.

The boy says he can show you where the shot is, but only if you promise not to give it back to his dad. Apparently, he REALLY doesn't want to take another shot.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by sulldawga »

Deuce's bike is back at the police station safehouse. I think it's ok in the short term. My vote is to have Deuce fly the kid back to the settlement and Seven and Zeke can meet him there.

GreyWolfVT

#376 Post by GreyWolfVT »

agreed

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by Rukellian »

The raiders can do little to stop you from loading the boy onto the gyrocopter and taking off. The flight to the settlement goes swimmingly and the boy has reunited with this father once again.

Zeke and Seven, who took their bikes to the settlement....

[1d20] = 9

encountered a radscorpion! [1d4] = 1 Fortunately, just one.

It springs up in front of you, having sensed the vibrations generated from your bikes on the ground.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke guns it and deftly steers right past the radscorpion, figuring that stopping to fight would be a bad idea.

[1d20] = 20 dodging the radscorp

GreyWolfVT

#379 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven cranks the throttle on his bike trying to speed away from the rad scorpion. [1d20] = 9

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Bluehorse »

Deuce takes the boy home on a nice leisurely gyeochopter rise to the settlement. She lands in the middle of town square. He makes a slow and dramatic descent with "Flight of the Valkyries" by Wagner blaring on his pipboy. She stands, saluting just as the chopter settles on the ground
He subtly nudges the kill switch with his foot. He makes sure to unbuckle the boy with a flourish and proudly throws the scarf over his shoulder and raises his goggles as he walks the boy to his father, chin high in the air!

Return to “Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)”