Chapter 1 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga, Bluehorse)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga, Bluehorse)

#381 Post by Rukellian »

In the spirit of Anything Goes, I will say that Zeke's 20 will help cancel out Seven's 9.

Zeke speeds away from the radscorpion, kicking up a lot of dust in the process. Seven takes advantage of the smokescreen and puts the pedal to the metal as well. The radscorpion could not catch up to you two in time and the rest of the trek is uneventful.

Deuce is welcomed with great fanfare as he majestically lands with his gyrocopter. The boy has clearly had the time of his life and is even happier once he is back home! As promised, the mayor waits for the rest of the group to arrive and then hands them a bountiful reward (Caps, and other goodies....).
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#382 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "Hey Deuce lets go get your bike back here just in case the remaining raiders decide to look around the area back there."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke has a few quiet words with the boy's father as to why the child ran away and what he might do to prevent a re-occurrence.

What's in that shot, anyway? Why does the boy dislike it so much?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Rukellian »

The doc is clearly uncomfortable that the subject is brought up, but more from a parental point of view. Rubbing the back of his neck, he shakes his head, choosing his words carefully before saying them.

"The shot is a preventive measure, like the vaccines of days old. The landscape we live in, and not by choice mind you, is dangerous to everyone's health. I worry that my son will contract some new disease or overdose on residual atmospheric radiation on one of his 'play adventures'. What the shot does is boost his immune system and help build a resistance to radiation. Common side effects, like increased physical strength, has been noted, as well as a painful sting upon administering."

After a moment, the doc pauses and then continues. "Yes, he is a guinea pig of sorts. I haven't tested this serum of mine on anyone else yet, for fear of it being abused. Unethical.... perhaps, but know that I only do this to help preserve my son's future. If I had the slightest inkling that it wouldn't be safe to administer, I would not. I still follow the Hippocratic oath after all. In time, I hope to make more of this to help other settlers live healthier lives and produce healthier children."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says, Does anyone else know about this shot? I'm wondering if that's why the ghoul was so interested in helping to find your son. You may not have seen the last of him.

After the doc replies, I'm ready to head out. Should we take the gyrocopter to our regular safehouse and stash it, and then take Deuce to the police station to retrieve his bike?

GreyWolfVT

#386 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven will talk with the doc before joining Zeke to get Deuces bike from the police station hideout. "Doc so appears some did get the intel about your shot, them raiders appeared to want it to the point they took your boy there. Might be that the ghoul learned of the shot as well. There's no telling who else has found out at this point. Best keep yourself safe."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by Bluehorse »

Did we find out how many caps and other goodies we got for the completed job? What can a cap buy anyhow? I am wholely unfamiliar with this setting. I have just been picturing Mad Max the entire time.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Rukellian »

Bluehorse wrote:Did we find out how many caps and other goodies we got for the completed job? What can a cap buy anyhow? I am wholely unfamiliar with this setting. I have just been picturing Mad Max the entire time.
I didn't specify how many caps you guys got, or what the other goodies were. Part of what makes this sort of game system unique is that the players get to dictate how certain things work, what happens, what they get. All that is required on my end is replying to their actions and giving some details here and there, asking for the occasional dice roll. In Anything Goes.... anything goes.

As I understand it, the world of Fallout experienced huge inflations in the economy before the bombs dropped, but afterward, things became very simple when it came to bartering. Bottle Caps from soda bottles became the new currency. Each cap is worth a dollar to keep things simple; however, supplies are scarce, so people can charge a lot of caps for medicine, food, and weapons. One cap might not get you anything, to be honest, but a hundred can get you a can of food, a stimpack (minor healing potion), or a simple piece of clothing.

*Disclaimer*
Just as you are not familiar with the Fallout setting, I am not familiar with Mad Max. Sure I can look up images and short videos of it, but I'm going off of what you guys are providing.

-----

"T-the raiders know?" The doc is surprised by this information. He thought this was just a simple kidnapping, and if a ghoul was involved as well.... "Thank you for the warning, though if people like the raiders know of this serum now, I fear the problems are from over now. I may have to move to a new settlement, maybe even go into hiding."

If you guys don't want to dictate what the reward was, it will be a generic 1000 cap payout and free house in the settlement (a few shacks put together that have just been cleared out).

GreyWolfVT

#389 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven calms the Doc down or tries to "Well Doc that is not a surety but we suspect that is why they took your son.
The ghoul though appeared to be helping us kill the raiders. However I suspect he might know something about the shot though it is hard to say until we talk to him again."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by Rukellian »

Chapter 2 is up sulldawga. If you need to subscribe to it, here is your notification.

Return to “Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)”