fast bike [1d20] = 5

Ouch.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC/Vacation Notices

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fast motorbike [1d20] = 3
or not so much...
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by sulldawga »

Ok, not fast but very dependable! I hope...

GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well the roller god is a cruel mistress you know ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by sulldawga »

I thought we had agreed to go to the settlement and sell some of the food. The safe house sounds like the place where just the three of us live.

Maybe I didn't do a good enough job of separating the two in my description. They were very clear in my head.

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I was hoping the safe house was in the area of the settlement so we could stop there first then go to sell stuff. My Bad.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by sulldawga »

We can roll with it. I just got a little confused but I'll be more clear in the future.

Once we deal with this stranger, we can figure out what sort of cool stuff we have in our clubhouse, and where the settlement is.

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

our safehouse is like megaton in Fallout 3 made don't worry i already defused the old un-detonated nuke ;)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by sulldawga »

When you think about it, who in the world would find a crater with an unexploded nuke at the bottom, leaking radiation all over the place, and say "I should build a town here"?

I guess if it's a world where you can stand 10 feet away from it and soak up enough rads to die in seconds but stand 11 feet away and be just fine.

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

:lol: right. Dunno that town is crazy as hell if you ask me. I like the towns in Fallout 4 and New Vegas.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Bluehorse »

Okay! Spring Break! Whoo Hoo!!! Off work for almost a week. I will be posting today and tomorrow, but Wednesday through Sunday will be hit or miss. DM, please feel free to NPC my character during the later part of the week as you deem necessary. I leave it at your personal discretion.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by sulldawga »

Can I get some context as to how valuable a can of food is? Do I need to "spend" all 9 to get one gun, or can I get more than one? Is there a Caps to Cans translator?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rukellian »

Sorry for the late response, but here it is.

There is no caps to cans translating tool in use here. I'm going about this realistically. There are only so many cans of preserved food in any given area, and none are being made in factories any more, or by hand for that matter. So the supply is limited (3 digit number left), and humans still haven't figured out how to achieve the state of not needing to eat anymore. Most settlements in this world, unless stated otherwise by a player, will be relying on farm-grown or hydroponically cultivated crops.

Long story short, a can of Pork N' Beans will get you weapon, easily. Guns can be made from scrap in a short amount of time (if the person knows what he/she is doing), food? Not so much. Can to caps ratio? I'd say that you can command some big figures, 4, maybe 5 digits of caps.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by sulldawga »

Thanks for the caps to cans explanation, Rukellian.

Also, is there any chance we can get on a more regular posting schedule? I feel like there are times where we're all posting within a 24 hour period and there are other times where the game goes dead for a week.

I don't mind taking a break on weekends but it would be nice to get 3-5 posts during the week.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rukellian »

Sure. I can do that.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by sulldawga »

Rukellian wrote:Sure. I can do that.
Awesome! I'm really enjoying this game so looking forward to more of it.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Bluehorse »

A quick apology everyone. I have not been able to reliably get service the past few days after the tornadoes hit our area. Apparently, there were some major hub spots directly hit, and some cell towers too. Since I usually get on here when I can get to my phone, that severely limited me. We're all good here, just explaining my absence.

Return to “Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)”