Chapter 2 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 2 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga)

#181 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven fires at the rushing ghouls again "Sure glad I got this Beretta A400 Lite Compact Semi Auto Shotgun Zeke. Less loading involved."

[1d20] = 3
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke fires again.

I won't have to worry about reloading either, but only because they'll be on us before I run out of shells.

shotgun blast #2 from the elevator [1d20] = 20

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Rukellian »

I forgot the first shotgun burst that went off, but the 20 covers it.

Seven's shot misses, hitting the floor instead of the ghouls' legs. Zeke, however, had them all lined up nicely and took out the remaining ghouls with a single blast.

The ghouls crumple to the ground, twitching a few times before lying motionless. The echoes of the shotgun bursts can be heard traveling far. Surely, if any ghouls were sleeping, they've woken now. Question is, where are they hidden, how far?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke stays in the elevator and peers down the corridor while he reloads his shotgun. Any rooms or doors visible?

GreyWolfVT

#185 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "Still feel like scavenging this place?" he says while reloading two shells back into this gun.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke replies, I have not yet begun to loot!

He recommends they wait five minutes to see if any more ghouls show up, then move forward.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Rukellian »

You hear the sounds of ghouls echoing from far away, distant enough to know that they don't know where you are. After 5 minutes of waiting the coast remains clear.

The corridor ahead has a few rooms on each side. There is a four-way intersection, a room on each corner of the intersection. The windows show that a lot of the rooms were laboratories of some kind, instruments of various applications strewn across the tables and counters. The windows also show what you've seen on the security cameras, bodies slumped in various positions within the labs, all in hazmat suits, all motionless. A few of the windows in the labs are broken, signs of something bursting out. All the doors are closed, with a quarantine status flashing on nearby monitors.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke peers through all of the windows from the hallway, looking to see if he recognizes anything valuable that would be worth grabbing.

Hey, Seven, cover me while I run in there. I think I see a capacitor I can use to build a laser rifle!

looking for lab loot [1d20] = 15

GreyWolfVT

#189 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven covers Zeke looking out for any sign of Ghouls rushing at them. [1d20] = 13

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Rukellian »

You find a laser capacitor, as well as a few other pieces of lab equipment that hasn't been completely trashed or shattered. A lot of the machinery and equipment in this lab was geared towards handling of chemical compounds and various strains of, well, something. It isn't readily clear what the nature of the work was, only that it involved activities that warranted hazmat suits.

Seven keeps an eye out for any incoming ghouls and find this section of the underground level clear for the moment. So long as no more loud sounds are made....

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke puts the capacitor in his pack and moves the other equipment of value into the hallway.

I figure we can leave this other stuff here and grab it on the way out. I'd rather not carry it in case we happen to be leaving while running at full speed and screaming our lungs out. What do you say, Seven?

Zeke takes a look at the map and tries to determine where the generators would be.

If we're lucky, I can grab a fusion core. I'll need one to juice up my Power Armor... you know, once I find it.

GreyWolfVT

#192 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven shrugs "Well you know me Zeke, I'm always looking for food and things that go boom. We all got our priorities. Carry light makes sense with the amount of ghouls in this joint."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke decides which way to go.

I'm gonna use my randomizer on my Pip-Boy. 1 is left, 2 is straight ahead, 3 is right.

which way to go [1d3] = 2

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by Rukellian »

You move cautiously straight ahead, finding yourselves into a more open lab area with center-placed chambers highlighting more of the experiments that took place down here. Ahead you see another hazmat suit locker and some ghouls on the ground. They aren't moving, but you know better than to let that fool you. The room itself has doors on each side of the room leading to more of the vault's facilities. How will you proceed?
vault lab area.jpg
vault lab area.jpg (355.37 KiB) Viewed 303 times

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by sulldawga »

How many ghouls and how far away from us?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Rukellian »

[1d20] = 20

20 ghouls, some of them ranging anywhere from 30-100ft away.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke rubs the stubble on his chin as he considers the situation.

We should come back later... with a flamethrower. I don't want to get into a situation where there's even a chance we wake up all of them.

Let's go back to the intersection and go the other direction.

GreyWolfVT

#198 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven silently agrees by nodding with a look on his face that almost says good idea.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Rukellian »

You backtrack to the intersection and decide to take the path on your left. The corridor before you has a door on the left leading into the lab you just looted, and a door on the right leading to a similar lab you've yet to access. Further down is a closed door with a terminal nearby. The door's label suggests that this is the medical bay of the vault, but you can't see anything through the dirty window. The door is locked.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says I don't think we're going to find anything good in the medical bay. Let's save that for last, so we can run away if the ghouls in there don't want to peacefully hand over their stimpacks.

Why don't we try the last hallway?

Return to “Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)”