It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17314
Location: Central Vermont
Seven fires at the rushing ghouls again "Sure glad I got this Beretta A400 Lite Compact Semi Auto Shotgun Zeke. Less loading involved."

[1d20] = 3

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 2131
Location: south of Boston, MA
Zeke fires again.

I won't have to worry about reloading either, but only because they'll be on us before I run out of shells.

shotgun blast #2 from the elevator [1d20] = 20


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4814
Location: US East Coast
I forgot the first shotgun burst that went off, but the 20 covers it.

Seven's shot misses, hitting the floor instead of the ghouls' legs. Zeke, however, had them all lined up nicely and took out the remaining ghouls with a single blast.

The ghouls crumple to the ground, twitching a few times before lying motionless. The echoes of the shotgun bursts can be heard traveling far. Surely, if any ghouls were sleeping, they've woken now. Question is, where are they hidden, how far?

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:05 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 2131
Location: south of Boston, MA
Zeke stays in the elevator and peers down the corridor while he reloads his shotgun. Any rooms or doors visible?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17314
Location: Central Vermont
Seven "Still feel like scavenging this place?" he says while reloading two shells back into this gun.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 2131
Location: south of Boston, MA
Zeke replies, I have not yet begun to loot!

He recommends they wait five minutes to see if any more ghouls show up, then move forward.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4814
Location: US East Coast
You hear the sounds of ghouls echoing from far away, distant enough to know that they don't know where you are. After 5 minutes of waiting the coast remains clear.

The corridor ahead has a few rooms on each side. There is a four-way intersection, a room on each corner of the intersection. The windows show that a lot of the rooms were laboratories of some kind, instruments of various applications strewn across the tables and counters. The windows also show what you've seen on the security cameras, bodies slumped in various positions within the labs, all in hazmat suits, all motionless. A few of the windows in the labs are broken, signs of something bursting out. All the doors are closed, with a quarantine status flashing on nearby monitors.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 2131
Location: south of Boston, MA
Zeke peers through all of the windows from the hallway, looking to see if he recognizes anything valuable that would be worth grabbing.

Hey, Seven, cover me while I run in there. I think I see a capacitor I can use to build a laser rifle!

looking for lab loot [1d20] = 15


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17314
Location: Central Vermont
Seven covers Zeke looking out for any sign of Ghouls rushing at them. [1d20] = 13

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:39 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4814
Location: US East Coast
You find a laser capacitor, as well as a few other pieces of lab equipment that hasn't been completely trashed or shattered. A lot of the machinery and equipment in this lab was geared towards handling of chemical compounds and various strains of, well, something. It isn't readily clear what the nature of the work was, only that it involved activities that warranted hazmat suits.

Seven keeps an eye out for any incoming ghouls and find this section of the underground level clear for the moment. So long as no more loud sounds are made....

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:35 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 2131
Location: south of Boston, MA
Zeke puts the capacitor in his pack and moves the other equipment of value into the hallway.

I figure we can leave this other stuff here and grab it on the way out. I'd rather not carry it in case we happen to be leaving while running at full speed and screaming our lungs out. What do you say, Seven?

Zeke takes a look at the map and tries to determine where the generators would be.

If we're lucky, I can grab a fusion core. I'll need one to juice up my Power Armor... you know, once I find it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:13 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17314
Location: Central Vermont
Seven shrugs "Well you know me Zeke, I'm always looking for food and things that go boom. We all got our priorities. Carry light makes sense with the amount of ghouls in this joint."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 2131
Location: south of Boston, MA
Zeke decides which way to go.

I'm gonna use my randomizer on my Pip-Boy. 1 is left, 2 is straight ahead, 3 is right.

which way to go [1d3] = 2


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group