Quest #12 "Rapping With The Village People"

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Quest #12 "Rapping With The Village People"

#81 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

It would be best to get this poor fellow to the village soon. I have done what I can, but he will need time to heal.
And be cleansed.

He will clean his hand as soon as possible, in case something might be passed by touch.
SpinwardMarch

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#82 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Seeking Out Storm The Halfling, And Then The Village People
Moonday, 1st of Goodmonth
Mid Afternoon, Hot, Humid, Rainy, Less Buggy

Not at all interested in seeking out the eerie jungle noises, the group seems content to get Storm back to the relative safety of Beachtown.

Lightfinger leads the way, not exactly happy to see that this Storm is a Hairfoot. Will the tall fellow ever find another Tallfellow to commiserate with?

Monnocar is, as always, slightly confused, though he is happy to lend his bulk in carrying the tiny, 3 foot Halfling back with him. The massive fighter reminds the much smarter wizard that he has the ability to "draw" forth anything that he would need. An ice shack is not a top priority for the brazier seeking mage. :idea:

The hot morning turns into afternoon as they depart and soon a slow soaking rain begins to fall from the skies. Fortunately, dealing with the shower is the worst of their worries and the cool rain keeps the insects in check for a while. The party is not molested along their travels back to their home base. Arriving soaked, but with everyone still alive, the group considers their half day excursion a success. Saracen is there, as is Luther, (currently napping) but there is still no sign of any of the members of the group who went out to the river several days ago. The good people of Beachtown are beginning to fear the worst regarding that situation.

Actions?

We will continue to use this thread for the next phase of the search, so anything you want to do regarding that mission can continue to be posted here. Thanks!

Marching Order:
Lightfinger T3 16/16
Monocar F2 21/21
Chauncey MU3 16/16 CL, DM, RM 2/2 first 1/1 second
Brother Gilbert C1 8/8 0/3 first
Avaala MU2 9/9 CL, DM, RM 2/2 first
Rollo 16/17
Alordan R3 18/18
Storm Briarfoot -1/8 0/4 first (Unconscious)

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

As they get back to the edge of Beachtown, Avaala asks, "Does anyone know where the Monk or that Half-elf lives? Where do we take the little guy to rest and heal?"

Avaala kneels beside Rollo and removes his armor, letting him cool off and enjoy the rain as well.
"There is no spoon."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger sighs.

Bring him to our shack, He speaks softly, He can have my hammock. The big orange Half-Orc Priest and old Wes would most certainly aid in his healing ... Assuming Wes ever comes back. But someone else will have to bathe him! I'll never be able to wash his reek from my beddings.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey begins heading for his shack to conduct some wizardly business, but turns at the last minute before departing. ”Avalaa, you wouldn’t happen to have brought a brass brazier with you from the mainland? About so big? I require one for a ritual. I could, of course, draw one with the crayon, but it seems a waste until all other possibilities are exhausted...”

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

"No, I didn't, I'm afraid," says Avaala. "However, I do have money to invest in the purchase of one .... for the guild's use." He pokes through his pouch. "I could probably come up with about one hundred twenty gold coins worth."
"There is no spoon."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by ChubbyPixie »

”Hmmm,” says Chauncey, ”Yes. I also have access to some monetary wealth, but let us examine all possible options before paying the Hi-Lo’s frankly extortionate rates. Of course any magical accoutrements of a permanent sort will see best use as shared Guild resources - as is use of the crayon. My brass brazier is your brass brazier, so to speak...”

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Urson »

Luther

When Luther returns from his hunting trip, he visits Nehru briefly, then crashes like a felled oak, snoring. When ghe wakes up, he makes the rounds of Beachtown, talking to whoever he finds

There's something shady going on down to the river. TheGreen Flash is anchored there, and it looks like they're loading some kinda illegal goods on board. Nehru says he'll give a week's free lodging to anybody who goes along to look into what they're up to. I'm collecting whoever I can find. We'll leave tomorrow morning.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"I suppose it's on the way to the village?" says Chauncey, unsure, looking around to gauge the others' reactions. "More free lodging is ...appealing. I would be willing to accompany you, Luther, if the others are, to 'check it out.' Provided we then continue on to the village."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Thinks hard on this a moment then voices his thoughts. "The boat is at the mouth of the river, which leads to the village we need to get to, which is also where the other party went to that we wanted to track down. Maybe we can get three birds stoned..."

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#92 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

Stoned birds?
Various humorous images float through Br. G.'s mind.
I will attend to our little friend tomorrow. I need a night of rest before then.
SpinwardMarch

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger remembers.

Wait, wait! He protests, The Dwarves! The Dwarves that change to stone! And all their armor. And this ship, is it Captained by Zing, or Ding, or ... That bad Captain I told you about? He shudders visibly, That Man has no soul.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Bluehorse »

tkrexx wrote:Lightfinger remembers.

Wait, wait! He protests, The Dwarves! The Dwarves that change to stone! And all their armor. And this ship, is it Captained by Zing, or Ding, or ... That bad Captain I told you about? He shudders visibly, That Man has no soul.
"Is it me, or is all this starting to seem related?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen is on board for exploring the boat tomorrow. But not the village.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#96 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Seeking Out The Village People
Moonday, 1st of Goodmonth
Late Afternoon, Hot, Humid, Rainy, Less Buggy

Storm is cleaned up and laid in Wes's vacant hammock, allowing him to rest out the day.

With all of the healing magic already used up, the group decides it is best to wait until morning to go look for this village that the Phanatons asked about.

Luther tells the others what he saw on his hunt and the group agrees to check out this stray ship along their way to the river in the morning.

Monocar sings for a while, a long while, and then suggests that the missing party may be tied to this Captain Bing and his band of renegade sailors turned loggers. Then he brings up the idea of getting birds stoned again.

The wizards discuss the idea of ordering Chauncey's brazier from the Hi-Lo, despite the price and long wait it would take to get it. Rollo enjoys the cool rain, splashing around through the many puddles it creates around the town.

Brother Gilbert agrees to join this group again in the morning, after some rest. He hopes that they fare better than his last group, who were all lost out in the jungle investigating a strange structure they discovered to the west.

Actions?

I have a few players doing some private thread stuff, but I don't see why we cant start this mission off in the meantime. Go ahead and post if there is anything you still want to do in town before tomorrow, otherwise my next post will advance this group along to the morning.

Marching Order:
Lightfinger T3 16/16
Monocar F2 21/21
Chauncey MU3 16/16 CL, DM, RM 2/2 first 1/1 second
Brother Gilbert C1 8/8 0/3 first
Avaala MU2 9/9 CL, DM, RM 2/2 first
Rollo 16/17
Alordan R3 18/18
Storm Briarfoot -1/8 0/4 first (Unconscious)

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#97 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

...goes to his bed and dreams of cool places without annoying insects. He awakens refreshed and attends to his religious obligations. Then he waits for the others to gather and decide on the day's plans.
SpinwardMarch

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

Giving a lot of thought to the discussion he and Chauncey had earlier, and feeling better all around, Avaala returns to his shack and begins to make some serious, permanent improvements. He finishes the door frame he started earlier and then begins to cut out sections for a window frame.

"You know, Rollo," he says. "This could make a nice little house. Small, but nice and snug when I'm done. You'll have a spot all your own over in that corner, and I can build a small desk into that corner..."

Avaala returns to thinking as his hands do things they know well.

"I'll have to ask Chauncey about that...." he mutters.

"That mill will build this town AND make Monocar and I some real money...."

Near dark, he stops. "C'mon, boy. Let's grab some supper and have a walk." Avaala and Rollo head over to the Treehouse for supper and then have a walk along the beach.
"There is no spoon."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger scowls.

With the Hairfoot resting comfortably, the Tallfellow briefly seeks Mr. Nehru to fill him in as requested by Nalissa.

Return to “Completed Missions”