Quest #6.5 "Escaping Camp Water Fall"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #6.5 "Escaping Camp Water Fall"

#61 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

"I really don't know what that monkey wants, but I'm starting to accept any number of strange things going on here." Bonnie checks her dagger, and motions to Wes.

"I believe animals and such fall under your expertise. We'll follow your lead."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"Okay then. As Brufrig said, everybody grab a rock or two to defend yourself".

Wes walks carefully towards the gesticulating monkey. He very carefully checks the treeline for other critters, remembering the ambush laid by the carnivorous apes. Once he's about 40' away from the monkey he'll wait a few moments to see what it does. If nothing changes, he'll cast Speak With Animals and try to converse with it.
"Hello there my friend! Is there something you wish to talk about?".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#63 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny stops jumping up an down and watches as the Druid finishes with his nature boy hocus pocus...once she can understand him, she replies... Hey, what in the nine hell’s is going on? You guys are out joy walking, while them natives are being worked to death and getting hanged by that pissed off tree! I should use me battle-axe on it’s fat trunk!!!

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes
:shock: :shock: :shock:
"Okay everybody, it turns out the monkey is Franny, and no, I don't know how or why. She's pissed off at us though."

And then to Franny:

"Right, so explain more about the tree, and if you can explain the whole monkey thing too, that would be ...helpful. Quickly though, this spell only lasts another 30 seconds and I can only do it once more today""

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

has been quite after feeling ill from breathing in too many smokey leaf fumes. He is still shackled to the rear of Krystal which for the most part he doesn't mind ...

Franny is monkeying around? How did she get like that? A polymorph or an illusion? To rule one out he will cast the spell, 'Detect illusion' and focusing on the monkey Franny.

My only thoughts are maybe something happened back at the Gronk camp, did she touch anything or explore behind our backs? Did one of Bings' mages put a spell on her?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie is a bit surprised, but only a bit, at the Franny revelation. Thinking to herself: "I'm sure there's a dwarf joke to be made here..."

Bonnie stands back and watches the action.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Urson »

Aldo
Heh. Maybe me gettin' brought back as a cat ain't so weird after all.... oh, sorry, Bonnie. Was she yer friend?
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Hotgoblin

#68 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny nods her furry head about the tree. That thing is a grumpy old bastard! It’s right up the trail here, usually sits right where we’re standing. These bastards let it have the slaves that won’t work or always try to escape. That part is pretty gruesome, really. Best part... it’s got a nice big shiny blade sticking out it’s arse!

She gets confused about the druids next comment. Hole monkey thing? What the hells that supposed to mean?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#69 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Long Hike North
Sunday, 28th of Reaping
Late Afternoon, Hot, Humid

Yes, Franny is now somehow a frickin monkey. What has transpired with her all alone out in the jungle for the last 4 days is anybody's guess.

Brufrig finally tires of snapping chains with his bare hands. He arms himself with a length of chain and tells the others to find sticks or rocks to use as weapons. He looks upon the monkey that was once his kinfolk Franny, noticing some solid improvements in her new looks.

Bonnie and Krystal defer to the expert in animals, letting the half-elven druid try to figure out what to do about this latest calamity. He gets close enough to Speak with her, asking questions as fast as possible, hoping to get at least some basic information before his spell wanes.

Ferris is looking a bit pale himself, not quite Keilif pale, but he is definitely a little green behind the gills lately. He silently accredits this to his recent over-smoking of the amazing herbs that are growing everywhere. His lip is starting to turn a bit black as well, but the gruff gnome doesn't seem to mind all that much. He ponders the many ways something like this could actually happen, assuming that Franny's condition might just be some magical front. He decides to assess if it is illusional in nature with his detection spell. Looking at the cute little monkey as he casts, and then all around the area, he detects no such illusionary magic anywhere around him.

Franny continues barking like the nasty dwarf woman that she once was, though only Wes can actually understand her words. To the others, she sounds just like any other cute little monkey, chattering and screeching away noisily. She definitely seems oblivious to the fact that she is now a monkey, further confusing the already strange situation.

Actions?

Ferris 7/7 DM, RM, 1/1 first
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Keilif C2 15/15 4/4 first
Bonnie T2 9/9
Brufrig Granitesunder F2 13/15
Waesfaren Rhey D2 14/16 3/4 first 3/3 second
Aldo (Deceased But Still Chatting Away From Inside Bonnie's Stinky Bag, But Only In Bonnie's Mind)
Franny Monkeyslammer 12/12

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes picks up a stick and writes CAN YOU READ THIS? in the dirt. Then he give the stick to Franny.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

"I think she was a friend. Not really sure with dwarves, you know." She glances sideways at Brufrig and smiles warmly.

"Reincarnation is always a possibility." She remarks to Ferris. As Wes starts drawing in the dirt she sighs and starts looking around for activity.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#72 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf grunts at Bonnie. Yes, she was a friend...is a friend. Who somehow ended up a monkey. We'll eventually need to figure out how to get her back to normal. For now, she may be pretty useful, actually...
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

recovering from her own illnesses checks out the chained gnome still shackled to her legs. Is something happening to Ferris? a physical reaction to the herb or a virus of sorts changing him. Did someone bring a small mirror? If so she checks herself in the view.

Hotgoblin

#74 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny grabs the stick from Wes and swings it around in the air like a sword. Then she draws a picture of a big banana in the dirt next to his scribbles.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#75 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Long Hike North
Sunday, 28th of Reaping

Wes tries to ascertain whether Franny can read and write in common. Apparently, she craves bananas.

Krystal and Ferris are still tightly chained together. The elf looks over the gnome, worried about his unhealthy condition. He looks pretty normal for the most part, and other than over-smoking issues, he shows no sign of a serious malady. The she elf flicks her hair around again, making sure she still looks good doing it.

Bonnie still has a chain on one of her legs. Keeping a sharp look-out all around to make sure no trouble pops up, she absently answers out loud to un-asked questions. She reminds the group that the female dwarf may have been reincarnated.

Brufrig mentions that Monkey-Franny is still right here, and that she is still a friend, despite her new, possibly helpful condition.

Keilif looks upset about this new discovery. "Should I try a healing prayer on her?"

Franny holds the stick out again, using it to point the way up the trail that leads into the dark jungle.

Actions?

Bonnie T2 9/9
Waesfaren Rhey D2 14/16 2/4 first 3/3 second SWA: 2 rounds
Aldo (Deceased But Still Chatting Away From Inside Bonnie's Stinky Bag, But Only In Bonnie's Mind)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Watches as Franny swings the stick around. "Good. Now that we are all armed, let's go find a tree. I feel she wants us to go that way." Bonnie starts walking in the direction Franny Monkey is pointing.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

The druid studies the scratches in the dirt for a moment. “Hmm… actually, does anybody know if she could read & write before she became a monkey?”

“Look Franny, we don’t have much time. We are ready to go and investigate that tree, but you’ll have to tell us as much about it as you can. Where is it? How far is it? Are there any dangerous creature around it?”

He turns to the others. “Quickly, can you think of anything else we need to know right now?”

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#78 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

What did she want to show us?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Hotgoblin

#79 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny stares at the Druid’s dirt writing, she shakes her head wildly and moves excitedly up the trail. She spins around and tries to show with her arms how big and tall the tree is, then realizes she can speak. Its as big as a tree!! A kill’n tree indeed, I watched them evil people you’ve been staying with throw one of them chained workers over to it. Didn’t take long before he was dead!!! She smiles wickedly and bounds towards the nearest banana tree.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#80 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Long Hike North
Sunday, 28th of Reaping

Looking into the trail opening that Frannymonkey pointed out, you spot a strange looking tree up ahead. There is what looks like a body hanging in the branches and a few other husks and skeletons of differing shapes and sizes.
IMG_0718.JPG
IMG_0718.JPG (91.36 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Actions?

Bonnie T2 9/9
Waesfaren Rhey D2 14/16 2/4 first 3/3 second SWA: 1 round

Return to “Completed Missions”