Quest #11 "Raythan Wants To Make Amends"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Quest #11 "Raythan Wants To Make Amends"

#41 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Content that he has seen all he can see for right now, Jax looks downward and begins planning his descent. Once he is satisfied with the route, he begins a careful climb down.

Once on solid ground again, he apprises Raythan and Storm of what he saw. "Unfortunately, we must be in a bit of a bowl in the land. All I could see from up there were other trees. No buildings or other clearings of note."
"There is no spoon."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Storm11 »

Storm looks at the half-elf intrigued. ”Oh, why is that then?” he asks, prompting the half-elf to explain.

Once upon the ground he listens carefully to Jaxsen, and claps the fellow on the back in congratulations for a climb well executed.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#43 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan moves a bit further towards the center of the clearing, tiptoeing through the underbrush carefully, using every bit of his elven heritage to his advantage. Prodding the ground in front of him with his staff using extreme caution, he soon stops and squats down again.

Swatting at the insects constantly flying around his head, he slowly peels back another layer of the matted jungle floor to reveal a third and fourth decayed monkoon skeleton. He carefully covers them again before turning around to his two new friends.

"I believe this is where the tree dwelling creatures............" He searches for the right word for a moment. "I believe this to be a place of interment."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jax stays out of the circle. He bows to the dead. "All honor to those who have passed after giving a life of service to their hive," he says in a low, respectful tone.

After a moment of resctful silence, Jax continues. "Then we are on the correct path. Didn't you say the Phanatons said a holy site was where they were attacked by the vegetable beasts?"

He takes a sighting of the direction from which they have come, and then looks forward in the same direction. If there is anything visible above the trees in that direction, he takes that as a waypoint. If not, then the furthest tree he can see in that direction becomes the next waypoint. He accepts his halberd back from Raythan. "I am ready if the two of you are."
"There is no spoon."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Storm11 »

Storm recites a brief blessing of the renewal of life as the remains of the phanaton serve to renourish the earth here before he nods.

Yes, let us continue onwards. There is a strange lack of jungle life here in these parts, apart from your treasured insects I haven’t spotted any animals. That seems strange. Let us be wary. Perhaps we should not continue bunched up together, for if these veggiemites set a trap for us we don’t all want to fall prey to it and become prisoners or worse. Hmmmm, what do you think? Yes let us continue!” the Druid says moving forwards.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#46 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oh Shit!
Sunday, 28th of Reaping
Sacred Phanaton Clearing (Northeast of Town)
Late Afternoon, Hot, Humid, Buggy

‪A low moaning noise can be heard throughout the clearing as the 3 friends realize what this place is used for. They all decide that they should respectfully move along. ‬

‪Once Raythan turns towards the others, he detects a noise coming from behind him. Jaxsen and Storm watch on in horror as one of the thick, moss covered branches laying on the jungle floor behind the elf rises up to its full 6' height and steps towards the half-elf. The creature is humanoid in shape with coal black eyes. Its body is covered with pointy, spiky, 3" spines that have tiny hooks on the ends like some kind of nasty thorn. ‬
IMG_0941.GIF
IMG_0941.GIF (48.51 KiB) Viewed 242 times
‪Swinging out with one arm-like appendage, the creature slaps Raythan on his shoulder as he turns to see what is happening. The beast grunts out loudly as his pointy spikes drive through his leather and into Raythan's soft flesh. ‬5 dam The pain from the blow is so intense, it nearly takes the half-elf down.

Actions!

positions:
IMG_0943.JPG
IMG_0943.JPG (236.88 KiB) Viewed 242 times
Jaxsen Reiter 10/10
Storm Briarfoot 8/8 4/4 first
Raythan Crechan 1/6 1/1 first MU 2/3 first CL

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jax advances to Raythans side. "Raythan, fall back," he says in a strangely monotone voice as he thrusts at the creature with his halberd.

Jaxsen w/ Halberd to hit [1d20] = 6

The Monk misses, but attempts to interpose his body between the thorny creature and Raythan.
"There is no spoon."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Storm11 »

Storm will heft his scimitar and his shield and charge the creature.

[1d20] = 4 : [1d8] = 1 :oops:
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#49 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oh Shit! Round 1
Sunday, 28th of Reaping

‪The low moaning noise seems to elevate slightly as battle commences.

Raythan falls backwards from the beast as his friends rush into the clearing to his aid. Bleeding badly from his shoulder, the spell caster has all he can do to avoid a second slap from the monster that he feels would have surely done him in. He scrambles through the underbrush, trying to escape being trampled in the chaos.

As Jax and Storm bound in to attack, their surprise and excitement get the best of them when both of their attempts to kill this strange thing fail badly.

Actions!

Jaxsen Reiter 10/10
Raythan Crechan 1/6 1/1 first MU 2/3 first CL

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Storm11 »

Get him Jaxy, I am not going to be able to hit the side of a barn, combat was never my strong suit,” the halfling says slashing wildly with his sword.

[1d20] = 8 : [1d8] = 1
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen, interested in defending his allies as much as killing their attacker, stabs at it again.

Jaxsen w/ Halberd to hit [1d20] = 13

Not sure about that one, so...

Jaxsen w/ Halberd Damage vs. S,M [1d10] = 6
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#52 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oh Shit! Round 2
Sunday, 28th of Reaping

The grunting monster swings a spiny arm at Jaxsen, just missing his mop of blonde hair as he skillfully ducks the blow. The monks return attack only misses by the thickness of one of its spikes. (AC:6)

With bones crunching under his tiny feet, Storm shouts out his shortcomings to the human as his blow also lands ineffectively.

The beast winds up for another slap as Raythan rises to his feet just a few yards away. The half-elf recites a quick prayer of healing as the battle rages on.

Actions!

Jaxsen Reiter 10/10
Raythan Crechan 5/6 1/1 first MU 1/3 first CL

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Storm11 »

Storm continues to harry the creature ineffectually.

[1d20] = 9 : [1d8] = 6
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jax continues to stab at the spiny monster, but with no more luck than before.

Jaxsen w/ Halberd to hit [1d20] = 6

So he continues to keep the thing's attention and protect his allies.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#55 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I Think We Found It! Round 3
Sunday, 28th of Reaping

The sheer hatred for the elven race becomes apparent pretty quickly once the monster initiates its next action.

Seeing the half-elf getting back to his feet, the beast ignores the ineffective attacks from the others and charges forward in between the pair to try attacking Raythan again. The spell caster continues backpedaling through the underbrush while pointing his long fingers out at the thing. With the utterance of a magical phase, a tiny bolt of energy shoots out and hits the man sized thorn bush in the chest, causing the target area to burn and sizzle, injuring it for the first time.

"KILL IT!!! BEFORE IT KILLS ME!!!" Raythan shouts as the beast tries to bound past its aggressors.

Actions!

You can each take your normal action plus an attack of opportunity as the thing attempts to get past you this round.

Jaxsen Reiter 10/10
Raythan Crechan 5/6 0/1 first MU 1/3 first CL
Does anyone know why my spacing is getting messed up in these posts? I have never seen that happen before and was wondering if it was because of something I did wrong.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Storm11 »

Storm attacks again.

[1d20] = 2 : [1d8] = 3

[1d20] = 4 : [1d8] = 1

its unbelievable how shit these rolls have all been. It’s like the dice roller is cheating or something. I don’t see anything wrong with your spacing buddy
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

The sheer alienness of the creature seems to keep Jax off his stride, as he misses the monster again.

Jaxsen w/ Halberd to hit [1d20] = 13

However, when he sees that he cannot distract the thing and that Raythan is in danger once more, Jax does manage to score a hit as it passes him

Jaxsen w/ Halberd to hit [1d20] = 19

Jaxsen w/ Halberd Damage vs. S,M [1d10] = 3
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#58 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I Think We Found It! Round 4
Sunday, 28th of Reaping

Raythan leaps for a low hanging branch and tries to pull himself up out of the reach of the spiky monsters flailing arms. It misses the half-elf this time, but continues to swing for a moment longer, not yet willing to give up the chase for its favorite meal. Raythan looks down in horror as Jax steps back in to slice a gash into the things back.

Storm continues trying his best to help out, but is starting to get rather frustrated by his lack of martial prowess.

No longer able to reach its intended target, the thing turns again on the pair still on the ground.

Actions!

Jaxsen Reiter 10/10
Raythan Crechan 5/6 0/1 first MU 1/3 first CL

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Storm11 »

Storm slices out at the thing again ineffectually. Hopefully it will catch a cold from
All the cold air passing it by.

[1d20] = 8 : [1d8] = 1 :lol:
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Turning its back on Jaxsen a moment earlier was a mistake, as the Monk was able to set his stance carefully and strike a deep, true blow with his halberd when the creature once again turned to face him.

Jaxsen w/ Halberd to hit [1d20] = 20

:oops: :oops: Sorry OM, I know you've told me before, but I'm not sure I remember. If a Natural 20 is max damage, then it would be 10 for the Halberd and a +1 for second hit for a total of 11. If it is a roll, then...

Jaxsen w/ Halberd Damage vs. S,M [1d10] = 2 + 1 for a second hit for a total of 3.

If the puncture was deep enough, Jax will try to force the creature down and pin it.
"There is no spoon."

Return to “Completed Missions”