Quest #11 "Raythan Wants To Make Amends"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Quest #11 "Raythan Wants To Make Amends"

#81 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Picking up the unconscious Jaxsen by the feet again, the halfling tries running along behind through the thick underbrush. It doesn't take more than a few steps before he realizes that his little legs just won't keep up with the half-elf's much quicker stride.

Raythan finds that moving quickly through the untamed jungle while carrying his fallen comrade is proving to be nearly impossible, even with Storm's help.

The familiar grunting coming from behind them continues to grow louder as they struggle to move forward. What's even worse, now the duo can hear something crashing through the underbrush towards them from some distance away.

"Is it possible that the spiky plant creature wasn't actually dead yet? Or maybe it is able to mend itself after time? Like a troll would?"

After spotting a large fallen tree up ahead, Raythan heads for it, hoping to find a safe place to stash the body of his friend in case they need to leave him behind.

"Jaxsen doesn't survive out here unless one of us does! I am all ears if you have any ideas!"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Storm11 »

We should climb into the trees and watch what approaches. From there we may be safer from whatever is hinting us on the ground, and give me time to work some druidry once we can see what’s following. Here, help me into that tree there!” Storm says, relieved to not be hefting the monk around rapidly.

He will scamper up into the branches of a viable tree, and prepare to cast a spell should whatever is heavy breathing appear nearby.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#83 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan most certainly does NOT help the druid up into any tree.

"Do WHAT?"

He looks at Storm, then to Jaxsen, then back to Storm again.

"I am not leaving Jax lying down here to be eaten while you go off climbing trees!"

"We need to do something with him!"

The noise of the crashing through the jungle grows louder.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Storm11 »

Storm shrugs and runs to a tree himself and hoists himself into the lower limbs of the tree. ”Suit yerself. I will try to save the pair of you. But if I fail then good journey!” he says matter of factor.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#85 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Return To Town
Sunday, 28th of Reaping
Escaping The Sacred Phanaton Clearing (Northeast of Town)
Early Evening, Sticky, Humid, Buggy

Raythan just stands there dumbfounded for a second when Storm abandons he and Jaxsen to their fate. As the tiny druid hustles up onto a nearby tree branch alone, pulling himself up using a large vine, the half-elf reacts accordingly.

"Well, you little SHIT! You must have a pretty short memory, huh? We just saved your ass a few hours ago, and this is how you show your gratitude?"

With the approaching crashing noise getting very close, Raythan knows he has little time to react, and even less time to bitch about it. Now all alone, with great difficulty, he pulls Jaxsen's prone body towards the downed tree he was headed for earlier.

The trunk of the huge tree lies flat on the jungle floor, giving the upset spell caster an idea. Pulling with all of his might, he is just able to get to the tree as the underbrush begins to part. He pushes Jaxsen over the log and his body falls to the ground on the other side, giving him some cover and hopefully hiding him from whatever is approaching.

The frightened half-elf turns and raises his staff once the grunting is nearly upon them, ready to protect his friend with his life if he must. Suddenly, a fat, grunting wild jungle boar pig with huge tusks comes crashing through the undergrowth. It continues running into the area where Raythan and Storm can now both see it. Glad to find that it wasn't what he had expected to see, Raythan jumps back up onto the log, trying to predict what the rutting animal will do next. He is surprised to see that it doesn't appear to be coming directly at him and is only using the beaten path they created to get around a little easier.
Actions?

Give me a normal Dex check with your post please, Storm.

Jaxsen Reiter -1/10 Unconscious
Storm Briarfoot 2/8 4/4 first
Raythan Crechan 5/6 0/1 first MU 0/3 first CL

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Storm11 »

Storm calls up the connection he has with the earth and sky, and quickly casts a spell to speak with the boar.
He ignores the drama llama and his crazy raving.

”Ho there boar, my name is Storm! We mean you no harm! What are you running from? Are you ok?

[3d6] = 10
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#87 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Return To Town
Sunday, 28th of Reaping
Escaping The Sacred Phanaton Clearing (Northeast of Town)
Early Evening, Sticky, Humid, Buggy

Storm immediately adjusts himself on his branch once he sees that the grunting is likely no threat at all and is just a normal jungle animal going about its usual business.

Pulling on a second, smaller vine in order to shift to face the creature and begin his spell, the druid gets a fairly nasty surprise. The second green vine he grasps isn't a vine at all and he suddenly finds himself with a handful of an emerald colored snake instead.

The quick striking snake lashes out at the halfling, biting into his arm and sinking its long fangs through his leather and into Storms soft, bug-bitten flesh. 1 dam

Can I get a save vs. Poison this time, please?

Actions?

Jaxsen Reiter -1/10 Unconscious
Storm Briarfoot 1/8 4/4 first

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Storm11 »

Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by SirOwen »

And I repeat: Well....shit.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#90 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course......

The NPC is the only one still conscious.

Give me a bit to figure out how to handle this situation.

Stand by.....

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#91 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Feeling the snakes venom suddenly coursing through his veins, the halfling is barely able to lower himself back down to the ground safely before the world goes dark around him.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#92 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jaxsen gets the unconscious Raythan cleaned up and lays him down in his own bed to rest for the day.

Jaxsen Reiter 1/10
Raythan Crechan -1/6 0/1 first MU 0/3 first CL Unconscious

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

After cleaning himself up also, Jax finds himself a bit worried that Raythan has not regained consciousness. His estimation of Marge's wisdom and experience is quite high, so he seeks her out. He explains what has happened and asks her if the rest of the hive has come up with any reliable remedies for the predations of Bralm's Children. "Usually I can keep the worst of their damage at bay, because I understand them. But unconscious, I was as helpless as can be."
Last edited by SirOwen on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#94 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Marge

"Nothing works I tells ya! There terrible. TERRIBLE!!! If it wasn't for the smoke from the fires, they would be even worse!"

"Those here with skills in such matters have tried everything, but nothing seems to help. The druids mixed up a concoction that keeps em away for a while, but even that don't work at nighttime."

"It ain't natr'll I tells ya! I'm starting to hear rumors about it........and they ain't good!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#95 Post by OGRE MAGE »

In the meantime, Saracen the holy warrior arrives to see the group leave and the monk carrying off the half-elf, Raythan.

He helps get the injured man back to his shack, and after a few sour words about the tight use of his healing magic, the homely half-orc decides to lend the aid of Pholtus upon the spell caster. Touching him gently, he brings Raythan back around to the world of the functioning.

The half-elf sits up in a startled surprise and shouts out...

"I LEFT THE HALFLING OUT IN THE JUNGLE!"

Jaxsen Reiter 1/10

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen pats the distraught witchdoctor’s hand. ”We know we know. A search party has already set out to search for him. Where did you leave him, do you remember? You saved the monk here’s life I shouldn’t wonder!” The half-orc gives the half-elf one of his terrible grins, which in his own mind is trying to be disarming but is more feral and hideous in actual appearance.

”I have one spell left this day, Jaxsen is it? Do you wish some of the healing light of Pholtus?”

If the monk says yes Saracen will cast his last first Level spell upon the novice.

[1d8] = 3
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen nods at the offer of healing from Saracen. "Yes, please."

After receiving the healing, Jax bows low to Saracen. "This grub is grateful for the blessing of your god. Please remember this grub if you need assistance with anything. I toil well and seek to serve this hive."
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Earlier, with Marge...

Jax actually looks concerned at Marge's words."I will give great thought to your words, Marge. If it is, indeed, something 'unnatural', then the abuse of her children would be a horrible affront to Bralm, and they will find me to be their enemy. I thank you for your words." Jax walks away, trying to make himself remember to speak with one of the Druids here about it. Part of him still believes that this island is merely a great place to be one of Bralm's Children.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#99 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan continues his concerned rant.

"No! You don't understand! I just LEFT him there! At the side of the trail! I couldn't bear the weight of both of them anymore! I had to do something! I think......I think......Storm's DEAD!"

"He was bitten! By a snake, I think! And he just collapsed! I had no way to stop the poison! He was just barely breathing, and white foam was coming out of his mouth! The last words he heard was my yelling at him for abandoning us! I THINK HE IS DEAD!"

Saracen listens to the half-elf while he tries his best to heal Jaxsen of his injuries.

Jaxsen Reiter 4/10

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Storm11 »

”Well there’s nothing to be done about it now. It doesn’t surprise me, so I wouldn’t worry too much. Bitten by a snake sounds like it would do it. Poison, no one would stand a chance, even halfling who are more naturally resistant I hear. You need to let it go now. We all know the risks being here on this island. A dangerous place.” the half-orc says dismissively. He pats the half-elf’s cold hand and gets up to leave.
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Completed Missions”