Quest #11 "Raythan Wants To Make Amends"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #11 "Raythan Wants To Make Amends"

#121 Post by Storm11 »

Only about an hour or so and I should be brimming with druidry the halfling replies, settling into his usual cross legged medative position.
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

"Of course, you may call me Jax," answers the young monk. "And while I do not need additional protection while I am up and around, the mesh idea sounds like excellent protection, if only a fine enough mesh can be found... or made." He considers the idea for a moment and then asks, "Do you think something like a regular cloth weave, only looser, would work?"
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#123 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan and Jax leave the Halfling to his meditation for a short while as they discuss the possibilities of using a thin cloth mesh to keep the insects away from ones head and face.

"It would need to be strong, but you would also need to be able to see through it in order for it to work well. I will think on this some more and keep my eye out for any such material."

The time passes quickly enough with so much to do around the town, and Storm is soon up-and-at-em once again.

Raythan seems eager to go and find his friends equipment.

"I think we better just find your stuff and head right back here. I don't want to be out in the jungle unprepared after dark EVER again." The half-elf quietly ponders the horrors of the last time he was out in the bush with a sour looking emotion upon his face.

"I am ready when you guys are!"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Storm11 »

Storm looks around for any kind of staff like branch that would serve as a weapon and then smiles.

Ready when you are. Lead on sir!”
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

"My brotherhood teaches us to fight using our bodies as weapons," says Jax. "But, as in so many things, I am but a grub. However, until I get my halberd back, my hands and feet will do."

Jaxsen stretches briefly, and grabs his bit of gear and straps his javelin quiver back on. "I am ready to go."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#126 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Search For Stuff
Godsday, 2nd of Goodmonth
Noonish, Warm, Humid, Misty

"I am ready as well. But first, allow me to aid you with your wounds." Raythan prays over both of his friends, relieving them of their more persistent aches and pains.

"I think we better just go right there and then head straight back. I don't want to go around hunting for another fight and then end up like we did last time. With only 3 of us out there, we would be doomed if anything too nasty came along."

"Do we all agree on that?"

Actions?

Storm Briarfoot 7/8 4/4 first
Jaxsen Reiter 8/10
Raythan Crechan 6/6 1/1 first MU 2/3 first CL

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Storm11 »

Sounds good. But if I see that snake I am gonna try and befriend it if that’s ok. Least I can do as it nearly killed me. Storm says with a wry grin, feeling much better after the wizard-priests administrations.

Thank you,” he says smiling as they begin to head off out of Beachtown.
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jax nods emphatically. "Yes, absolutely. This island is a great teacher for acting as a hive. There and back."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#129 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will wait to see if Brother Gilbert wants to join up with you before advancing any further with this one.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#130 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

... waves at the group as he sees them.

Don't leave yet, I wish to join you. One more for your group will make it safer to travel. Let me get all my healing things.

He dashes over to the cabin where he has been sleeping, and picks up things he thinks might be useful. Then he hurries to join the group. These folks seem determined to get themselves killed or injured. Sigh.
SpinwardMarch

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jax nods as the young Priest joins them. "Welcome. A larger swarm is always better than a smaller swarm," he says. "But we are not going very far. Our last trip ended badly, although not as badly as it might have, and we are only going back far enough to gather our dropped possessions. But you are welcome, of course."
"There is no spoon."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Storm11 »

Storm nods atthe acolyte of Pelor. The sun is sacred to those of the old faith. A disciple of the sun lord is a welcome sight indeed. I am Storm, a Druid of the shirelands. Nice to meet you
Greys Campaign.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#133 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

Greetings. I am glad to see you all feeling better. I was concerned, and tried to do what I could. What did you leave there? Pelor's blessings.
SpinwardMarch

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Storm11 »

When we were both rescued our rescuers either didn’t find or couldn’t carry our weapons and gear, and had to stash it and leave it behind. We are heading back to collect it all, hoping it’s still there!” Storm says helpfully.

Lets go
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#135 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Search For Stuff
Mid Afternoon, Hot, Humid, Buggy

As the trio is about to depart, they notice the water gatherers heading back from their arduous daily chore. They see that Saracen, Avaala, and Brother Gilbert are with them. Knowing all about the safety in numbers theory, they don't hesitate to welcome the priest when he asks to accompany them on their trip.

The hike up the trail proves somewhat uneventful. There are plenty of insects to deal with, making the journey as miserable as usual, but luckily, they are not accosted by anything bigger than a dragonfly on the way there.

Spending a few hours walking up the rough trail is a great way to get to know each other. The jungle is thick along both sides of the trail, but at least it is used enough to where they don't need to chop away at the overgrowth as they walk. The noise of the jungle is as loud as normal, and they see and hear signs of life everywhere. Birds and small animals call out from their perches high up in the canopy, and thousands of bugs fly around their face and heads as they march. Brother Gilbert remembers back to when he first arrived on this island, the harsh trek his group took to the west of town is hard for him to clear from his memory.

Once they reach the spot near to where Storm was retrieved at the edge of the jungle, Raythan stops mid stride. "This isn't good. I left a marker with long sticks so we could find where I stashed Storm the last time I was here. I don't see them anymore. Did someone move them or take them along with them when you were out here last?"

The half-elf continues searching for his markers, a little more frantically as each minute passes. "Do any of you remember any of these surroundings? I was so out of it the last time I was here it is all starting to look the same to me."

Actions?

Jaxsen Reiter 8/10
Brother Gilbert C1 8/8 3/3 first

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Storm11 »

I was totally unconscious the last time I left this place. I shall look at the flora to see if I recognise anything familiar. Storm says looking around the clearing.
Greys Campaign.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#137 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

... looks around for footprints from the rescue group.

If this is the spot, or near it, perhaps the others moved your marker around in their efforts. Let us look around carefully.
SpinwardMarch

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#138 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen says, "First, friend Raythan, relax. Do not let panic or worry cloud your eyes or your mind. When you start to see what you have seen before, you will know. If your mind is clear." Jax starts looking up into the trees, and adds, "The furthest along the trail we went was the burial clearing where we met the needle monster. I believe you backtracked from there, yes? So then, allow me to climb up and find the clearing once more, and we will be halfway to our objective."

Jax looks over the trees and begins to plan his ascent once more. He is coming to like the trees of this jungle, strong and green, supporting entire hives of beings not much smaller than himself. Once he is happy with his route, he begins to climb, looking for any sign of the burial clearing.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#139 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Search For Stuff
Mid Afternoon, Hot, Humid, Buggy

Raythan tries to calm himself thanks to the soothing words of Brother Gilbert.

"Yes, I suppose they could have been moved. I just don't want to be responsible for losing other folks items if we cant locate them."

The half-elf and halfling continue to search up and down the east side of the tree line, certain they are looking in the proper area.

Jax looks around for a tall tree to climb, hoping to spot the clearing again so he can trace their trail back. He finds a good candidate that is only partially laden with thorns and spikes. The foliage in this area is very overgrown and it is tuff going for the first few dozen feet. Still unable to see anything at a height of around 30 feet up, he is suddenly greeted by some natural wildlife who must live in these trees. They look a lot like howler monkeys, as far as he can tell, and they don't seem to like the fact that he is there. They screech horribly and swing their arms wildly at his advance, bouncing from branch to branch. One of them throws an almond fruit at him from a distance, but the monk deftly bats it aside before it hits him.

Brother Gilbert presses into the bush a few feet, looking at the ground for any footprints. He spots a disturbance in the natural carpet and moves in to investigate. At the base of one tree, he sees 2 cut off branches lying on the ground and wonders if they are the markers that Raythan was talking about. Much to his shock, he suddenly sees a small backpack flutter through the air and land at his feet. A sultry female voice directly in front of him rings out form the thin air, shocking the priest even more. "Is this what you're looking for, father?" The words are not shouted, so he is the only one who hears them, but he sees no source for where the voice is coming from.

Actions?

Jaxsen Reiter 8/10
Brother Gilbert C1 8/8 3/3 first

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#140 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

(quietly)Yes, I believe that may be it. I thank you.
Might I ask who or what you are?

thought: This forrest certainly contains curious things and creatures.
SpinwardMarch

Return to “Completed Missions”