Quest # 9.5 "Missing Kids?"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest # 9.5 "Missing Kids?"

#101 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger

Noting the blink and subsequent disappearance, the Thief, tho surprised, knows he serves best by continuing to check the perimeter before he is noticed. He looks for any sign of recent departure or oncoming entities.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#102 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala

Avaala calls to Monocar. "Quick! Monocar, let's grab the kids and get out of here before that music restarts! If you and Luther carry one each, I can take one on Rollo.
"There is no spoon."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Urson »

Luther

The big man hunkers down, trying to get closer to the kid's level. Listen, kids- I don't know who that guy was, but... you know this island is dangerous- and the further you get from the town, the worse it is.
We came out here to find you three- people were afraid you'd been kidnapped or worse. I'm sorry we spoiled your fun, but grownups have to do that sometimes when 'fun' starts to get dangerous.
Were there any other kids with you?

When he's done talking to the kids, Luther stands- his knees crack like small branches- and says,We at least better get back from this clearing before the grey Piper comes back.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#104 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Missing Kids? Into the Bush!
Waterday, 24th of Reaping
Mid Afternoon, Hot, Muggy, Buggy
3.5 Hours Walk West Of Beachtown

Saracen scolds the children while asking them who the grey man was. Chauncey gives Luther the stink eye, also asking the kids about the little grey man. Alordan keeps a trained eye out for danger. Lightfinger also keeps a watch from behind the group. He sees no tracks at all on the far side of the clearing or any evidence of the man being there at all.

Avaala and Monocar want to get the kids to a safe place. The fighter begins a story about goats as Avaala offers them a ride on his pony sized dog. Luther tries to chat with the youngsters on their own level. He explains things from a grownups prospective and asks if there were any more of them out here.

"No! It was just us! And It's not like the guy was trying to EAT me! He was just playing his music for the three of us and watching us dance around. No big deal!"

As the grownups lead the kids safely back to the beach, Jack tries to get his little friend Sally to sneak off into the bushes with him. He too asks her about the grey man.

"Wait! Did you just say I know, right to me? If you really want us to be friends, don't you EVER use that stupid expression with me again. My stupid little brother says that ALL the time and it drives me crazy!!! I know, right? I know, right? I know, right? I know, right? I know, right? He sounds like a little fucking moron! And I've heard a lot of other people saying that lately too. Please, please, please don't ever say that out loud in front of me again!"

"Anyway, ya I know what you mean about the grownups ruining all the fun. Hey, why am I so hungry and thirsty? You got anything to drink?"

Actions?

Can I get a hard Wisdom check from Jack, please?

Luther 13/13
Jack 10/10 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first
Monocar 12/12
Lightfinger 10/10
Saracen 12/12 2/3 first
Chauncey 6/6 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first
Avaala 5/5 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first
Raythan 6/6 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first / 3/3 first (cleric)
Alordan 10/10

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger

Emerging from the forest, the Hobbit sighs, throws up his hands and shakes his head. No sign. Nothing there. BAMF, he's gone.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:
OGRE MAGE wrote:"Wait! Did you just say I know, right to me? If you really want us to be friends, don't you EVER use that stupid expression with me again. My stupid little brother says that ALL the time and it drives me crazy!!! I know, right? I know, right? I know, right? I know, right? I know, right? He sounds like a little fucking moron! And I've heard a lot of other people saying that lately too. Please, please, please don't ever say that out loud in front of me again!"
"I know, right?!" Jack agrees emphatically. "It's, like, the worst!"

"Anyway, when can I meet that guy?!" Jack asks, offering Sally water and the last of his sausages.

Wisdom check: [4d6] = 16
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen grumbles about wanting to see the pipeman somemore, and ushers the little munchkins down towards the beach. Along the way he will scoop up some of the coconuts gathered and try and get the little demons to finish the job they started. He will avoid long tall Sally however, watching her and her acid tongue suspiciously.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan shuffles after carrying any coconuts he can to help the village. Was the old man a trap or truly, however unlikely, a benevolent oddity of the island?...

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Helping pick up coconuts along the way. "...and then there was a terrible voice that came from under the bridge! trippity trap, trippity trap, who's that tapping across my bridge?! And the troll JUMPED OUT! Ahhh! Young... Juicy... Tender... Stay there little morsel... I'm coming up foooor.... BREAKFAST! And the troll jumped up onto the bridge...

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey carries a single coconut. He mentally reviews possible explanations for the grey man. Then, another thought suddenly occurs to him.

"Gentlemen!" he cries. "It has suddenly occurred to me... you say the sea troll has regenerative properties, a kind of persistent healing? How does one counteract it? Fire? No, on account of it being a damp sea creature. You see? Hard to set alight. Even with oil, as oil and water do not mix. How, then, does one apply consistent and relentless damage? Yes! Acid. Acid gathered from certain beetles? On a certain trail?" He holds out his arms ta-da style. ""May I interest anyone in an expedition to gather some, after we've returned these delightful youngsters to their respective guardians?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Storm11 »

I would be happy to accompany you, once these little urchins are taken care of." Saracen says a little too eagerly
Greys Campaign.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Urson »

Luther

Sounds like a da- doggone good idea.

Let's get you kids home, huh? Your parents will be glad to see you.

Luther will strongly encourage everyone to head back to Beach Town- offering a piggyback ride for the kids, if that will help keep them moving.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala

Avaala fills his arms with coconuts. After Chauncey suggests retrieving acid from the source, Avaala says, "Just to be clear on this, you ARE suggesting retrieving the acid from the site of the attack, right? Not coaxing a giant bug to give us a fresh supply?" The description of people melting has given him a healthy respect for the giant bugs he has never seen.
"There is no spoon."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger points to Chauncy.

That is a very good idea! The Tallfellow's eyes wide with appreciation, Use the Island's inhabitants against each other! I knew there was a reason you are a Wizard, you're always thinking! But, I must agree, we should get this food source back to the village, giving these brave younglings the credit. Go ahead, children, carry your share. He makes no move to carry any of his own.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Despite his rambling story he is still listening to the others. He perks up at Chancy's idea and turns to nod excitedly, never missing a beat in his tail. "so then the daddy billy goat said, "Oh, Mr. Troll, you don't want to eat me. I'm good for a few meals, sure; but you'd be missing out on the real feast. My daddy, the Pop-pop Billy Goat is far bigger than me. You'd be eating your fill and then some!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#117 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Missing Kids? Into the Bush!
Waterday, 24th of Reaping
Mid Afternoon, Hot, Muggy, Buggy
3.5 Hours Walk West Of Beachtown

As the group makes their way back through the jungle to the sandy beach, Jack and Sally seem to be lagging behind a bit. Is it possible that a puppy love romance is brewing?

Eventually everyone gets back to the relative safety of the beach and the group begins making their way back to town with the newly found youngsters. The 2 boys start looking around for their pile of coconuts, seeing almost every member of the group pretending to pick them up and help carry them back. Unfortunately, everyone seems to have simply forgotten that the party of strangers that they met along the beach had already taken the first pile of coconuts and were carrying them back in a large sack. There are no longer any coconuts to be had here at the moment.

The children begin too look around in anger after seeing that the spoils of their hard work is no longer anywhere to be seen. Then the group remembers Saracen telling the battered party to collect the rest of the coconuts along their way back to town as well.

The children look up at all the adults with angry, pouty faces, wondering where the fruit of their labors has gone off to. Monocar tries to continue on with his story, but the children seem far more concerned about their coconuts.

Actions?

Luther 13/13
Jack 10/10 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first
Monocar 12/12
Lightfinger 10/10
Saracen 12/12 2/3 first
Chauncey 6/6 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first
Avaala 5/5 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first
Raythan 6/6 CL, DM, RM, 1/1 first / 3/3 first (cleric)
Alordan 10/10

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Storm11 »

Well, if you hadn't been such lax little shits and wandered off instead of keeping to your task and then required a search party to snap you out of your ensorcelment with the old codger in the light you would have been the ones bringing back the coconuts wouldn't you. That's life, suck it up buttercups!" the big half-orc says very grumpily. "Look, here's some drift wood. Now you can build yourselves a bridge and get over it .

The holy champion, having had quite enough time spent searching and being with the little brats to last a lifetime, stomps off into town. He calls back to Chauncey as he goes. "Let me know when you start out for the bum acid beetles ok."

He heads for his shack and some peace and quiet.
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:

After the half-orc stomps off, Jack turns to Sally and the other kids. "Monsters don't like children," he explains. "I guess that's why they're monsters."

"Anyway, it sure was smart of you to trick those other grownups into carrying all the coconuts all the way back to town! They were heavy! Well done!
"Well, you kids better run off home. Don't do any more favors for that storekeeper again. Grownups are nothing but trouble!
"And Remember. If you see the Grey Man again, be sure to come get me! I don't want to miss out on all the fun next time."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#120 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The children shy away from Saracen during his rant, but they don't cry or scream about it. Island life has hardened them a little and they have seen worse things than an overzealous orange half-orc since they've been here.

They all nod at Jacks logic, not sure if he's lying, but glad they no longer have to lug the heavy coconuts all the way back to town.

*clatter of random dice on tabletop*

The way back to town seems clear...... :twisted:
Before you all get too split up, I just wanted to make sure everyone was on board with going back right now, together. It is over three hours back to town and will be early evening when you arrive if you leave now. The alleged ass beetle trail is just a few hundred yards away.

I am not trying to influence actions in any way. I just want people to be aware of the distance between things out here and subsequently, the time it takes to get around.

I am definitely not trying to goad you into using the children as the beetle bait, either. :? :lol:

Return to “Completed Missions”