B S Here (II)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: B S Here (II)

#181 Post by Bluehorse »

Don't forget that the release of Owen the woodsman is dependent on us killing the troll. We can assume he is being cared for as a hostage, but at what point will the monkoons become impatient?

I like the idea of weaponizing the acid beetle(s) against the troll, either by drawing the troll into a trap to fight the beetle directly (preferably a hole we can rain hell into one both) or maybe harvest the glad or bladder and figure out how to safely use it as a projectile. Another thing to consider is having some glads or bladders of acid up in some trees, lure the troll under, have an archer shoot the bladders so the acid falls on him directly.

We also have the vegimites near the loggers camp to burn out later, but we need some levels or an incredible plan for that. Does the island have a winter season? Maybe we can clear them out while they are dormant.

On that not, are Burt and Ernie safe?

I suspect the loggers and or natives are the zombies. I seem to remember them being described as looking like those natives but need to double check.

I think the monkoons will be key to both of these last two quests. They are on home turf and seem like they have command of the treetops. They would make great scouting allies and messangers.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#182 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Let me see if I can be of any help with some of these without giving too much away.....
ravenn4544 wrote: 2) What's up with the captain and the town mayor (i forget his title)
He is just called Mr. Nehru as far as you know. He doesn't seem to like carrying any type of title.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#183 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Storm11 wrote: How many townsfolk are there anyhow?
With the townsfolk and adventurers alike, you can estimate that there are currently close to 100 people on the island so far. (around 60-70 of them are townsfolk)

They aren't always in Beachtown at the same time, however.

The recent migration of dwarves will certainly add to those numbers.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#184 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote:Don't forget that the release of Owen the woodsman is dependent on us killing the troll.

Does the island have a winter season?

are Burt and Ernie safe?
Yes! Please don't forget about poor Owen.

In the three months or so of occupation, the weather here has been almost exactly the same every day so far.

NO!!! They are NOT! :lol:

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#185 Post by Scott308 »

bluehorse wrote:I suspect the loggers and or natives are the zombies. I seem to remember them being described as looking like those natives but need to double check.
I thought the zombies that attacked the town were described as being older than the settlement, meaning natives that had died in the past and not part of any current problems (aside from being attacking zombies, of course).
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Bluehorse »

Storm11 wrote:"Look, here's some drift wood. Now you can build yourselves a bridge and get over it .
LOL! I cannoy help but hear Saracen as Craig Ferguson as he says this.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Storm11 »

Ha ha ha. In a kilt. An orange one :lol:
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by Inferno »

Another mystery/theory:

Ernie the logger's grey man just turned up with Sally and the kids.

I think the grey man is a reverse faerie ring; time passes faster in the ring. Sally and the kids have aged slightly and are starving.

If Jack falls under the grey man's spell, he could end up looking and acting his true age! I'd better watch my step! :P
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Inferno »

Anyone want to check up on the loggers, Ernie and Bert? We can use the 'grey man' as an excuse. But really to see if they're still alive, and what other secret business they fake lumberjacks are up to on behalf of Captain Bing.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#190 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Scott308 wrote:
bluehorse wrote:I suspect the loggers and or natives are the zombies. I seem to remember them being described as looking like those natives but need to double check.
I thought the zombies that attacked the town were described as being older than the settlement, meaning natives that had died in the past and not part of any current problems (aside from being attacking zombies, of course).
Scott is absolutely right. ;)

The original zombie attack was compromised of the very old and nearly skeletal remains of natives.

The second attack was made by a monstrous gorilla-like zombie that was much harder to bring down.

Both of these attacks included the mysterious blinking spy zombie that got away.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Bluehorse »

I had forgotten about the mention of the gray man before by B&E! I would rather concentrate on securing the living at the moment with kids and Owen for my part. Then work on settling the situation with the monkoons, which means getting the troll. But yes, we need to make another trip up the logging trail soon as we have a moment and some more man power. I think once all the groups are back in town so we can make sure we have plenty of very well rested healers in case we are walking into an expanded vegimite infestation.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Inferno »

Hmm. If the unnamed NPC adventuring party that carried back the coconuts met the Grey Man, their acid bug encounter could have happened years ago. :?:

Fwiw, I vote to bring the kids back to town asap, rather than delaying their return further by endangering them on a mission to fight acid spewing giant bugs. :)
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by Storm11 »

it would be wise of us to enlist the help of a Druid, who can perhaps befriend or communicate oth these animals and ask for their help. Speak with animals is a handy spell, but one Saracen doesn't yet have access to. The sleep spell might be effective and we could maybe milk the glands or something whilst they sleep
Greys Campaign.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Storm11 »

Hehehe yeah. Acid on tap. That's not sinister at ALL :lol: :lol:
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#198 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote: Luthar & Jack, 2020
:lol:

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#199 Post by SirOwen »

Yay!! Avaala isn't broke any more. He really likes Rollo, but sharing every bowl of food with him was getting just a bit old! Now I can buy TWO bowls of Randalls 'stew'!
"There is no spoon."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by Monsieur Rose »

So I think I need some ideas for the river. What are your plans for the skifs? Also what are people's thoughts on the ogre?

Return to “Completed Missions”