B S Here (II)

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: B S Here (II)

#441 Post by SirOwen »

Web!! Excellent catch!
ChubbyPixie wrote:Chauncey awakens early and sits up. A vague, unidentifiable feeling gnaws at him. Turning his head slowly to the left, a small, harmless spider comes into focus climbing steadily yet erratically up the inner wall of his shack near his head. His attention is abruptly fixed. Blinking, he sees only the jittering pattern of the spider's struggle, all else losing focus, for as it climbs it does indeed with its trajectory and silhouette, the light playing off the criss-crossing intersections of its tiny legs, form a pattern that conveys a secret meaning, a cryptic language of secret symbols meant only for Chauncey.... The universe comes to a halt for a full two minutes as he stares, eyes going wider by the second.

Suddenly he snaps out of his reverie and scrambles to retrieve his writing instruments and spell book. Over the next hour he scrabbles the pattern down from memory on two blank pages, start to finish, then sits back and gasps.
"There is no spoon."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#442 Post by tkrexx »

HELL, yeah!

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#443 Post by ChubbyPixie »

SirOwen wrote:Web!! Excellent catch!
ChubbyPixie wrote:Chauncey awakens early and sits up. A vague, unidentifiable feeling gnaws at him. Turning his head slowly to the left, a small, harmless spider comes into focus climbing steadily yet erratically up the inner wall of his shack near his head. His attention is abruptly fixed. Blinking, he sees only the jittering pattern of the spider's struggle, all else losing focus, for as it climbs it does indeed with its trajectory and silhouette, the light playing off the criss-crossing intersections of its tiny legs, form a pattern that conveys a secret meaning, a cryptic language of secret symbols meant only for Chauncey.... The universe comes to a halt for a full two minutes as he stares, eyes going wider by the second.

Suddenly he snaps out of his reverie and scrambles to retrieve his writing instruments and spell book. Over the next hour he scrabbles the pattern down from memory on two blank pages, start to finish, then sits back and gasps.
8-)

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#444 Post by ChubbyPixie »

OGRE MAGE wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course......

The NPC is the only one still conscious.

Give me a bit to figure out how to handle this situation.

Stand by.....
See? You made your island too dangerous. Now you have to have an adventure with yourself. :)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#445 Post by OGRE MAGE »

It may have been mentioned that I already play with myself too much. :? :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#447 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oh ya!

Rah, rah!

Real frickin cool!

:D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#449 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I have no idea what you're asking.

If you get confused, you are always welcome to reread the posts.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#450 Post by Bluehorse »

Ive read it over and seems to me we have three people on the logging trail who have collapsed. Monocar want to help them bit is offering LF a piggyback ride so he can tell Monocar what he knows and get him over there at the same time.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#451 Post by OGRE MAGE »

No, only two. And actually, only one of them collapsed. The other was just dropped. :twisted:

If you look at the timeline, and my never ending patient struggle to keep characters around, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what is happening here. :D

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#452 Post by SirOwen »

Sorry about the quick change in subject, but I missed that I get a new spell for my book with each level. I edited and added to Avaala's wake-up post to include the discovery of a new spell instead of posting it down the line where it would make NO sense.
"There is no spoon."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#453 Post by ravenn4544 »

Maybe if this porcupine thing is firing needles we can make some shields or something out of spare limbs to stop some some of the quills from hitting any of us - or those in the lead?

Does the needles look like iron daggers or more truly like some itsy-bitsy porcupine quills that a simple shield may stop?

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#454 Post by SirOwen »

I had Avaala pull some out of Jax' clothes. I was wondering about that myself. I know they are numerous enough and small enough to disallow the monks' skill at swatting away projectiles.
"There is no spoon."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#455 Post by Bluehorse »

Also have to consider the force behind them. Even a soft projectile can do damage if shot hard enough. Heck, i used to go squirrel hunting with a beanflip and a rubber ball. These quills look like they pack a punch.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#458 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Love it! :lol: You must have been waiting for us to cast that spell forever. :D

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#460 Post by Hotgoblin »

:mrgreen: