B S Here (II)

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: B S Here (II)

#241 Post by SirOwen »

Happy Thanksgiving to the DM and All the Players of Big Shiny Island! You have all made this one of the most enjoyable games I have ever been in!!
"There is no spoon."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Storm11 »

SirOwen wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to the DM and All the Players of Big Shiny Island! You have all made this one of the most enjoyable games I have ever been in!!
Awwwwww cheers. Warm fuzzies :D
Greys Campaign.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by ChubbyPixie »

SirOwen wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to the DM and All the Players of Big Shiny Island! You have all made this one of the most enjoyable games I have ever been in!!
Yes. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans, and Happy Regular Day to everyone else. :)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#244 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks guys!

I am glad to have such a large group of really good, thoughtful players who enjoy discovering what's around the next corner of the dungeon as much as I do.

The fantastic ideas and wonderful role playing in this game have made it a pleasure to run!

Enjoy the holiday, friends!
Bring on the tryptophan!!!

(you guys over the pond enjoy some squishy peas or whatever) :lol:

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by tkrexx »

+1! Eat lotsa bird, everyone!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Storm11 »

You guys and your two turkey dinners a year. Enjoy
Greys Campaign.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Bluehorse »

Happy thanksgiving and/or Friday-Eve, everyone! I agree, this is certainly my favorite game so far. I've not enjoyed a game this much since waaaaay back in 1991 when I first played Secret of the Silver Blades with my cousin and learned what dnd was.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#248 Post by Scott308 »

Guys, you're gonna give Ogre Mage a big head- and his cranium is pretty large already! :P
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#249 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Don't be jealous of my freakishly large cranial appendage. :lol:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Urson »

I realized something: if you squint at it just a little, this game could be a Post-apocalypse scenario. Trying to buid a viable community out of a rag-tag collection of people, exploring an unknown place full of dangers...
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by Spearmint »

Happy Thanksgiving to you gamers in the States.

maybe some turkeys are about to be carved up on the forum in the jungle.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Bluehorse »

SirOwen wrote:Avaala

Listening to the ideas for increasing the height of the net before it covers the troll, and looking at Monocar cut the long pikes, Avaala has an idea. "Just another possibility for raising the net. What if the corners of the waterside end of the nets were tied to long sticks running towards the trees. We drive some short stakes at the treeside end of the sticks, so they catch the ends of the sticks and have the sticks tied off on the waterside end. The idea is when the ropes are pulled, the sticks catapult one side of the net over the troll, while the 'bottom' of the net is still at his feet."

Is this idea getting across? It's easy for me to picture, but maybe harder to evoke with words.
We should all work for the ACME company at this rate. This is getting more and more complicated.
Amce.jpg
Amce.jpg (35.07 KiB) Viewed 120 times

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Bluehorse wrote:
SirOwen wrote:Avaala

Listening to the ideas for increasing the height of the net before it covers the troll, and looking at Monocar cut the long pikes, Avaala has an idea. "Just another possibility for raising the net. What if the corners of the waterside end of the nets were tied to long sticks running towards the trees. We drive some short stakes at the treeside end of the sticks, so they catch the ends of the sticks and have the sticks tied off on the waterside end. The idea is when the ropes are pulled, the sticks catapult one side of the net over the troll, while the 'bottom' of the net is still at his feet."

Is this idea getting across? It's easy for me to picture, but maybe harder to evoke with words.
We should all work for the ACME company at this rate. This is getting more and more complicated.
Amce.jpg
Maybe we can just assume that a ranger and a thief working together could figure out the mechanics and hand-wave the rest? Because I’ll tell you guys something - none of our plans (to date) would actually work in real life. Because fantasy plans. :)

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Storm11 »

does it need to be anymore complicated than “someone fast lures the troll out of the sea towards the treeline, the stronger party members move to cut him off from retreating back to the ocean, someone attaches a hook or lasso in/over him that’s secured to a tree or something, and we assault him till he’s dead with ranged weapons and spells?” Trolls have a low intelligence, but they aren’t blind or complete morons. If a stupid human could figure out what a net is I think a watching troll could easily do so and avoid it.”
Greys Campaign.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Storm11 wrote:does it need to be anymore complicated than “someone fast lures the troll out of the sea towards the treeline, the stronger party members move to cut him off from retreating back to the ocean, someone attaches a hook or lasso in/over him that’s secured to a tree or something, and we assault him till he’s dead with ranged weapons and spells?” Trolls have a low intelligence, but they aren’t blind or animal intelligence. If a stupid human could figure out what a net is I think a watching troll could easily do so and avoid it.”
The net is concealed under the sand, though. I (personally) think the net idea is fine, just saying we probably don’t need to real-world engineer it for it to work?

Anyway, the plan you just outlined is, by default, plan B. :)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Bluehorse »

Ditto :) I am just worried we are going to spend the next 4 weeks planning this up and it will literally be next year before it fails. I kinda want to just take a crack at it at this point and hope the dice are mercuful. We have the net, the hooks, the acid, all the able bodies and their talents/skills on deck, and the pikes to pincushion him in. As far as D&D goes, we are as ready as we can get short of trying to somehow recruit the Veggiemites to help.... NO ONE TRY THAT!!!!!!!

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Urson »

Damn killer zuccini people!!
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Return to “Completed Missions”