B S Here (II)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: B S Here (II)

#481 Post by OGRE MAGE »

tkrexx wrote:Lightfinger jumps at the animalistic sounds.

He glances back at his comrades until he's certain they don't mean to investigate. He leads on, tho grumbling a bit. He's a Hairfoot! He mutters, Great, just great. Hairfoots and Stouts. Stouts and Hairfoots. When will a Tallfellow grace my company? He turns to Monocar briefly. They call us "Elflings," you know. Not at all sophisticated.
Great exchange on this one!

I just love reading the little incidental tidbits like this. Really adds to the flavor of the game!!! :D

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#483 Post by Urson »

Chubby Pixie said:
Chauncey appears looking ready to go, if a bit hollow-eyed, as if he'd stayed up late into the night studying arcane secrets or whatever wizards get up to in their spare time...
Just wash your hands when you're done, and don't do it it public....
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#484 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Urson wrote:
Chubby Pixie said:
Chauncey appears looking ready to go, if a bit hollow-eyed, as if he'd stayed up late into the night studying arcane secrets or whatever wizards get up to in their spare time...
Just wash your hands when you're done, and don't do it it public....
:lol:

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen makes his way to welcome the morning light, blessings to Pholtus invokes as he regather the ability to call upon his light magic. Hearing of the injured Halfling Druid the holy champion seeks him out after saying his prayers with Monocar.

With the halfling looking and smelling sick still, the half-orc will call upon the healing light to bind the little Druids wounds.

[1d8] = 1 Only a little light magic filters through the hut to gather around him. Stripping off the robes and armour of the fellow, the half-orc begins to tenderly wash the small hobbits bruised body until the stench and filth are gone completely. He will then wash the robe and hang it out to dry before heading to the beach to await the others.
Greys Campaign.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#486 Post by Spearmint »

A message from Spearmint.

Hi folks, my apologises. I may not be able to post much due to an knowing serious health issue. I have some sepsis type virus jn my lungs and am surviving in and out of more critical care with lots of antibiotics. So I am going to withdraw my gaming time for a short while as I recover.

Thank you for your patience and personal messages.

Kris

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#487 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ugh - hope you feel better soon Spearmint!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#489 Post by Storm11 »

Gosh that sounds horrible. I hope you get well v soon dude
Greys Campaign.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#490 Post by tkrexx »

Best wishes, Spearmint.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#491 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Good luck and get better!!!

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#492 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Good luck and take care. We'll be here when you beat this.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#494 Post by Jernau35 »

Best Wishes and good health Spearmint!
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#495 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Please take care, Spearmint.
SpinwardMarch

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#496 Post by SirOwen »

Please get well soon. We'll see you when you get back.
"There is no spoon."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#497 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Hotgoblin wrote:Franny downs a few bananas while watching the rest of the group plan their attack. She stashes her fruit snacks and swings from the branches until she reaches the top of the Tree Thing. She scratches her butt on its bark.
Very classy, Hotgoblin. :)

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#498 Post by ChubbyPixie »

SpinwardMarch wrote:Brother Gilbert arranges the yoke on his shoulders to be as comfortable as possible, and offers to stay with the water bearers. He has a mace and small shield, but they are for defensive use, and he only uses them as a last resort.
Reading this I suddenly had idea that it might be fun to play a cleric with two shields. With half a holy symbol on each of them, so when you put them together they form the whole thing and you can turn undead, etc. I can't decide if this is very cool or super dumb... :) Maybe if instead of attacks you got to "assist" defend party members adjacent to you...

...I think I just described Pathfinder. :)

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#499 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Two shields... amusing, but probably not a good idea for survival.

My image of Br. G. is as a priesthood candidate being sent out to be tested. Then he will be summoned back at some indeterminate time to continue his studies. This presumes he survives, and that the leaders of the order want him back, or he decides he has learned enough. So he will not be leading charges into enemy lines, unless he gets really pissed off.

Medieval clerics went to university, to learn read and write Latin, maybe Greek,, “accounting,” philosophy, doctrine, and other skills used in the running of the church. Some also managed to get themselves killed in sword fights*, or later murdered when they move higher up in the hierarchy (see Italian history).

*You can guess what happens when you put a bunch of males between 17 and 25 in a school together... :shock:

[Minor in Medieval Studies]
SpinwardMarch

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#500 Post by ChubbyPixie »

SpinwardMarch wrote:Two shields... amusing, but probably not a good idea for survival.

My image of Br. G. is as a priesthood candidate being sent out to be tested. Then he will be summoned back at some indeterminate time to continue his studies. This presumes he survives, and that the leaders of the order want him back, or he decides he has learned enough. So he will not be leading charges into enemy lines, unless he gets really pissed off.

Medieval clerics went to university, to learn read and write Latin, maybe Greek,, “accounting,” philosophy, doctrine, and other skills used in the running of the church. Some also managed to get themselves killed in sword fights*, or later murdered when they move higher up in the hierarchy (see Italian history).

*You can guess what happens when you put a bunch of males between 17 and 25 in a school together... :shock:

[Minor in Medieval Studies]
Definitely not hard to imagine. But, in the case of fantasy D&D cleric universities it would be mace fights, of course... ;) :)

Return to “Completed Missions”