B S Here (II)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: B S Here (II)

#101 Post by Bluehorse »

I know we have zombies to take care of and i have some personal business with the veggimites for a later day, but i think the entire shipping industry here with the captain need investigating once we tske down the troll. Who's up gor some corporate espionage?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Storm11 »

Sounds intriguing. What makes you so sure the captain is up to no good?

We could really use the gnome's illusions for the sea troll. I don't think the crab trap is going to wrk on a troll. They aren't animals, they are as clever as thick humans, still clever enough to know what's happening when they watch us build the contraption. The crab was easily duped, the troll is not going to be so easily manipulated. I think you need to rethink your plans here and be a bit more sneaky if we are to stand a chance of defeating it.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#103 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I really like these last 2 posts in here a lot.

Those are the kind of ideas that assure me players are really thinking about this stuff. :D

(and for good reason)

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by SirOwen »

I'll be out til this evening.... going eclipse watching.

However, something else our fearless leader posted makes me think we should verify facts before going through a lot of work on a troll-trap. No sign of him where we fought him last. He did get away, but he took a hell of a beating. He may have moved on to easier picking. All of you made sure that the elf left a bad taste in his mouth! (And I appreciate that!)
"There is no spoon."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Urson »

Valid point about the troll. We probably should either:

A) be more clever than the crab trap

B) apply a LOT more brute force: harpoons, fire arrows, a net covered in spikes/thorns/hooks /all of the above.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Storm11 »

Perhaps even a disguised pit trap
Greys Campaign.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Urson »

"Just think, one day, I'll be able to pass along to my own students that this Sleep charm came from Chauncey himself!"
Suckup! :lol:

On the idea of a pit trap- that's a good one- especially if we can spike the bottom.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by ravenn4544 »

maybe a few pit traps, with some live bait :) - and throw into the mix the need to be mobile if we need to.

or if we can get the big #(%# off it's feet it may take out the nasty bite attack it has..

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Congrats on the crab hunt! :D
Bonnie had plans for that crab, so I'm torn, but congrats nonetheless. :lol:

A pit trap is a great idea, she may even have a shovel she acquired for just such an action.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Storm11 »

If the pit trap is deep enough and the troll falls in, well it won't be able to attack and some oil and some brush and a flame at your leisure and poof. Without any physical danger to ourselves. Or a message to the monkoons who might wish to take revenge on their nemesis themselves.
Greys Campaign.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#111 Post by SirOwen »

Just from where I'm standing, I think the best idea that's come up has been the weighted, hooked net. That sucker just seems like it would hold anything.
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#112 Post by SirOwen »

LOL... 'Suck-up' seems a little harsh. Avalaa sees Chauncey as someone who needs a little lift. Give him a real friend and he'll be a little less ... well, egomaniacal sounds so mean. :lol:
"There is no spoon."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by ChubbyPixie »

SirOwen wrote:LOL... 'Suck-up' seems a little harsh. Avalaa sees Chauncey as someone who needs a little lift. Give him a real friend and he'll be a little less ... well, egomaniacal sounds so mean. :lol:
I doubt it will work... ;)

Speaking of dubious plans... a deep pit in sand seems precarious, but what if we buried a net just under the sand, rigged up to some bent trees, the troll walks on it, release the tethers on the trees and the net is pulled shut. You know, ewok stuff. Just a thought.

Also, we should definitely investigate the ships - good idea. There's some shenanigans going on there.

Also, sorry, Monsieur Rose, for snaking the crab puzzle. It was just right there. Low-hanging fruit-de-mer. :)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Bluehorse »

I love you guys :)

I like the idea of Pungy Sticks and the buried and barbed net too. Maybe we can go all Rambo on him and set up a variety of traps. He avoids one, feels good about himself... bumbled into another... takes the damage, and just when he thinks it is over BAM one more and we come down on him like me on a chinese buffet.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Bluehorse »

Ya'll ever see Conan the Barbarian? The original from 1982? There was a neat trap he build in the ruins at the end where there was more or less a springloaded spiked hammer that swung around and did the stabby stabby thing. I wonder if we can rig something like that too by "winding up" some saplings?

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#117 Post by SirOwen »

ChubbyPixie wrote:We definitely need one where two huge logs improbably bang their ends together with the troll precisely in the middle. :)
Well if Ewoks can do it to a Walker, I'm sure Monkoons can do it to a Troll! Let's get them started on that!
"There is no spoon."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Bluehorse »

Well, looking at the descriptions of their homes, I think it is safe to say they are crafty. especially with rope. Maybe their know how and out strength lent to the task, we make do some real damage :) Maybe with whatever we do we can get the magic types to enchant it somehow. (Sorry, I am very fuzzy to how magic mechanics work) I can just picture something primitive like a double log trap enchanted with something like shocking grasp when it hits >:) It'd probably be like a pair of lightning strikes hitting the same spot! KABLEWY!

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Inferno »

Hah. Great stuff.

OM, what time of day did the sea monster kill the elf?
And what time is it now? Thanks.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#120 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That incident happened during the afternoon.

Unlike most of the nocturnal trolls you have heard of before, this one has been seen out a lot during the daytime. Morning, noon, evening, it doesn't matter to this guy. He hasn't been seen out at night yet, but that is mostly because nobody is foolish enough to go looking for him after dark.

It is mid morning where Jack is right now.

Return to “Completed Missions”