Quest #6 "Return To The River"

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #6 "Return To The River"

#41 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal waits until the river ghoul passes and the volley of fire takes place. Then she steps from behind the tree to attack the beast but misses. (rolled a 7).

hard skill check [4d6] = 16 vs 13 wisdom

she gets the feeling, 'we are not alone' ,

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#42 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny sneezes uncontrollably, right as she throws her hand-axe at the ghoul. She yells...Bumbaklut!!!

Hand axe [1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6 Damage [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

[4d6] = 12 Wisdom (10)

Me battle-axe, better work better than me throw'n arm!! She rushes in toward the creature, swinging her axe violently.

Attack w/Battle ax [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4 Damage [1d8+1] = 8+1 = 9
Last edited by Hotgoblin on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#43 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Brufrig sees the creature charge at Bonnie and he responds by pulling the trigger, sending the quarrel flying.
As soon as he fires, he drops the crossbow and moves in to attack.
Halberd Attack (18): [1d20] = 6; Dam S/M: [1d10+4] = 3+4 = 7; Dam L: [2d6+4] = 7+4 = 11

Well, at least he'll keep the thing away from everyone else.
Hard WIS check (9): [4d6] = 10
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

A split second after the thing charges with apparent murderous intent, Bonnie lets loose with her arrow. Bow attack(20) = [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11, damage = [1d6] = 6

She then drops the bow and pulls her sword, slashing as the creature comes closer. Long Sword (20) = [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11, damage SM = [1d8] = 7

Hard Wisdom (15): [4d6] = 10

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

maybe lacking in wisdom, hard skill check [4d6] = 18, the little gnome dashes from his cover to go retrieve the remains of his pickbow. He can fiddle extra strings and a pulley system if needed, depends what condition it is in. If it is okay to use, he will load a crossbow bolt and fire next round.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#46 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Poor Party
Lacedon Attack, Round 1
Midday, Hot, Humid, Buggy

The inexperience of the group rears its ugly head as this deadly combat rages into full force. Wes and Bonnie hear something off in the distance that sounds like they may soon have even more of these things to deal with.

Franny, Brufrig, and Bonnie fire away at the charging monster. All of their shots miss. Switching to hand to hand weapons does little to improve their luck as all three of their melee attacks also do nothing to damage this stinking beast with the bone through his nose. Krystal sneaks out of her hiding spot only to follow suit with the others, unable to injure it with a jab from behind. The frightening beast jumps at Brufrig, striking and hitting the dwarf with both claws, but luckily missing with its offensive maw. 4 dam and save vs. paralysis, please.

Ferris also rushes out of the trees, but not towards the fray. He instead goes to retrieve his prized weapon. As he picks it up, the gnome must definitely feel like he is lacking in wisdom when he sees another of the smelly moist bastards rushing straight at him from the north. These cunning monsters seem to be using the exact same strategy as they did the last time he was here when he was almost eaten by one of them.
IMG_0707.JPG
IMG_0707.JPG (51.32 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Wes holds his attack after hearing something coming up from behind the group. Also feeling rather foolish to have fallen for the same tactic as yesterday, he gets the attention of Keilif just as he is also about to strike out at the monster. The two of them spin around just in time to face a third member of these horrid creatures rushing at them from behind with its hideously ugly long red tongue flicking out grotesquely from side to side as it advances. In the uncoordinated confusion, Wes begins a spell to stimulate the plants in the area into a sudden magical growth spurt. At the same time, the sea priest holds forth his holy symbol, commanding the monster to turn and flee.

Wes keeps the area of his spell right in front of the party, hoping it will snare the monster and not his friends. Weeds, roots, and long grass begins to spring up at the feet of the monster, wrapping around its legs and slowing it down just before it arrives. It stops right in its tracks, hissing and growling at the pair of casters since it is unable to reach them. Keilif's attempt to turn it away doesn't seem to have any affect on it.

Actions!

Ferris 5/7 DM, RM, 1/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 10/10 3/4 first
Bonnie 6/6
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 12/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Keilif 9/9 2/3 first

positions:
IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0885.JPG (734.39 KiB) Viewed 340 times

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

Sends a powerful thrust and duelling riposte into thin air as she swings at the brute attacking the group.

Longsword melee [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 damage [1d8] = 8

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Krystal's attack positions the creature directly in the path of her blade,
Long Sword (20) = [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17, damage SM = [1d8] = 6

"I think I heard more movement! We don't have much time!"

Scott308

#49 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Overextending himself from missing with his attack, Brufrig can do nothing to prevent the creature's claws from raking him. As he attempts to retaliate, he feels his muscles lock up. Realizing he is in a lot of trouble, he tries to yell, Nnnnnnnnnn... before he is unable to do anything more than witness his impending demise.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

Hoping to pin the beats by the tongue to the nearest tree, the little gnome has a fainthearted swing at the beats as he whimpers, "Krystal, Brufrig, somebody...!"

Ferris heavy pick melee [1d20] = 3 damage [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4

Hotgoblin

#51 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny sees that her little buddy Ferris is alone and in big trouble. She lets the others take care of undead Bonenose while she rushes straight ahead to help the gnome.

Attack w/Battle ax [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17 Damage [1d8+1] = 5+1 = 6

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#52 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lacedon Attack, Round 2

The terrible battle continues as the adventurers finally begin to unify and make a few strategic moves against this dangerous enemy. Ferris takes a defensive swing with his pick at the monster but again underestimates its agility and quickness. The beast pounces on the much smaller gnome, grabbing him tightly with one nasty claw and biting through the gnomes leather clad arm with its horrific fanged jaws. 2 dam and save vs. Paralyzation please.

Franny rushes to the gnomes aid, slashing the monster hard with her ax as it prepares to take another bite of gnome flesh. She rips open the monsters back with her blade, but it simply ignores the wound and continues feasting on Ferris.

Krystal is finding it difficult to damage this slimy, wet, and really stinky opponent, but Bonnie tears off a chunk of its soft blue flesh with her sword. Brufrig attempts retaliation on the beast but finds that his ability to move has been compromised by the ghoul's terrifying power to paralyze its victims. Will the burly dwarf be the next convert into their growing undead army? Completely ignoring the others, the mindless Bonenose lacedon continues tearing and biting at the unmoving dwarf in a most horrifying scene of blood and gore. 6 dam

Knowing that the entangled monster will be stuck for a short time, Wes moves in and occupies the vacated spot of Franny. He jabs at the beast with his spear, but strikes only ground. Fortunately, Keilif doesn't take his grudges more serious. He also steps forward, clubbing the things head as it bites into the prone dwarf. The blow doesn't totally stop the beast from its macabre mission of death, but it is hard enough to crush and deform its head considerably. The priest knows that the dark life force of this monster has nearly been snuffed.

Actions!

Ferris 3/7 DM, RM, 1/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 10/10 3/4 first
Bonnie 6/6
Brufrig Granitesunder 5/15 (Paralyzed 5)
Keilif 9/9 2/3 first

positions:
IMG_0887.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG (804.97 KiB) Viewed 319 times

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Urson »

Rah-rah-ree! Kick him in the knee!
Rah-rah-rass! Kick him in the other knee!
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

does a finesse riposte into the throat of the creature, hoping to make it deader than dead. Longsword melee [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20 damage [1d8] = 4

"Help the furry midget!" she says pointing to the figure of Ferris.

Scott308

#55 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf is unable to do anything more than stand there bleeding while the lacedon continues its attack.

Blood drops keep fallin' from my head.
That's why the ground will soon be turning red.
Somethings eating me.
I blew my paralysis saving throw,
So I just stand and bleed,
While a lacedon chews on me.

Hotgoblin

#56 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny takes another swing at Ferris' lunch guest.
Attack w/Battle ax [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3 Damage [1d8+1] = 7+1 = 8

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie alters her attack and charges the creature tearing into Ferris.
Long Sword (20) = [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4, damage SM = [1d8] = 8

Her attack misses the mark, as she failed to account for the crouching undead bending over to eat the smaller gnome.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

sings along with Brufrig...

saving throw [1d20] = 8

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#59 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lacedon Attack, Round 3

Krystal slides her sharp blade through the soft head of the smelly blue thing that is still munching on Brufrig. The monster drops a chunk of dwarf flesh back out of its mouth that splats down upon his shoulder. The lacedon’s cold black eyes close for the last time as it falls to the ground. Poor Bonenose is finally dead…..again, though this is likely not the help he was initially looking for. The mysterious elf smiles and yells for the others to move up by Franny, which they all happily oblige. The lacedon still caught in the tangle that Wes summoned continues to moan and snarl at the elf, remaining just out of her reach.

Franny and Bonnie both try to land a blow on the monster that is currently eating Ferris, their failure allows it yet another vicious bite on the now frozen stiff gnome. 4 dam They are not sure if the little guy can feel pain from his horrific wounds or not, but the blood and gore left behind is quite disturbing. Keilif and Wes also rush the insatiably hungry undead abomination, swinging with mace and stabbing with spear. Both weapons connect with the monster, but the damage done is not quite enough to bring the beast down. It looks up at you all with hatred in its eyes as it tears and bites, ready to finish off its tiny meal.

Actions!

Ferris -1/7 DM, RM, 1/1 first (Unconscious/Paralyzed 6 Bleeding Out)
Waesfaren Rhey 10/10 3/4 first (Entangle 8)
Bonnie 6/6
Brufrig Granitesunder 4/15 (Paralyzed 4 Bleeding Out)
Keilif 9/9 2/3 first

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

fails to join in the attack on the still hungry lacedon Longsword melee [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 damage [1d8] = 4

Return to “Completed Missions”