Quest #6 "Return To The River"

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Quest #6 "Return To The River"

#181 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

Ferris meat cleaver attack [1d20] = 3 damage [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5

savages a bit of bamboo matting, mistaking it for a furry spider.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#182 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny chops off a few legs trying to finish off another spider.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#183 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Blood and Guts Everywhere, Round 7
The Communal Meeting Place
Mid-night, Cooler and Less Humid
Pitch Black and Even More Buggy

One by one the spiders fall, their life force smashed and slashed into sticky goo. Krystal is just showing off now, easily skewering another to death. Bonnie has trouble with her attack though, not used to swinging a fiery branch. She slips and allows the spider an avenue to attack. It bites her leg, injecting it's poison, (1 dam and save vs. Poison, please) just as Keilif steps up and smashes it into a puddle.

Ferris and Waes have no luck with their attacks, but Franny is able to chop off a few legs of the last remaining spider. This final target has seemingly had enough. It jumps towards the opening in the fire pit, trying to escape up the chimney, allowing all nearby a free swing as it flees.

Brufrig quickly reloads his light crossbow and fires at the smelly lone monster again, this time hitting it in the shoulder. Again the bolt disappears into the things bandage-like flaps of hanging skin, showing no signs of damage done. The strange creature turns around and starts moving back towards the jungle very slowly.
IMG_0896.JPG
IMG_0896.JPG (71.94 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Actions!

Anyone nearby can take a free attack on the fleeing spider. Then you can make your normal action for this round.

Ferris 3/7 DM, RM, 1/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 9/10 1/4 first (Entangle spell: 4)
Bonnie 5/6 Torch
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 8/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 4/15
Keilif 8/9 0/3 first Torch

positions:
IMG_0898.JPG
IMG_0898.JPG (265.24 KiB) Viewed 316 times

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Storm11 »

If Brufrig yells that the creature is lea big thre Druid will race outside and run around he entangled area of effect, interposing himself between the area of the entangle and the trail leaving the campsite.

He will light a torch and pop open a flask of oil and wait until the creature comes to the edge of the entangle spell, and he will begin dousing the wrappings with the oil from the flask.
Greys Campaign.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#185 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

"Instead of torching it, maybe we should follow it? After all it seemed to be only the vehicle these crazy spiders taxied to get here. I don't think the attack was a random chance, the spiders must have had some inclination we were here apart from the lights and noise we made. We can only help these natives by destroying the lairs of creatures. (and claiming all their fancies 'shinies' hoarded away) Like weeds springing up, you can either deal with them one by one as they sprout or take the axe to the roots altogether."

locked and loaded, Ferris will follow Wes, at least into the clearing.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie winces in pain as the bite takes hold and a burning sensation rises up her leg. [1d20] = 7
"Dammed beasts. Did I mention that I hate spiders?"

Midway through pulling out a flask of oil to light, she hears Ferris' words and pauses. "Curse you gnome. I was all set to watch this thing burn and then you go and say something reasonable." She puts the oil away, and pouts for a bit.

Hotgoblin

#187 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny swings one last time at the fleeing spider. Yes, this creature seems to be studying all of us, we should wonder why it so interested in our group!

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

watches the last of the spiders wriggle free and up the chimney stack. She follows it tracks and with and stabs upwards into the stack and the belly of the fleeing creature.

Longsword melee [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16 damage [1d8] = 4

These spiders had a poison though thankfully a weak one. Still could Wes not procure some injectable mandibles and venom sacs from the creatures. Krystal will body bag a few specimens to dissect at a more convenient moment.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Sees Krystal bag some spider. "Excellent, I was just about to suggest the same."

Bonnie rubs her leg where she was bit and remarks "Wes! Any tricks for slowing the poison? It's starting to really burn!"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Storm11 »

Waes moves to examine the bodies of the slides and their bites. If he can he will try and utilise his knowledge to estimate the effects of the poison from the spiders and what it's utilised for by the arachnids. He will share his findings with those bitten.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#191 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Blood and Guts Everywhere, Round 8

Sorry Scott, but I am moving this along.

With the last spider now trying to flee, Waes rushes around his patch of angry vegetation to try to intercept the creature as it tries to retreat into the jungle. He prepares a flask of oil to toss at it just as Bonnie is about to do the same, both ready to kill it with fire. Ferris tags along, suggesting they follow it instead. Bonnie holds her fire, thinking the gnome might be on to something.

Franny is convinced that the stinky mummy is studying the group. She takes another swing at the fleeing arachnid, grazing it as Krystal skewers it to the end of her sharp sword. She thinks well enough to save the hairy things body so it can be examined later.

Bonnie's leg starts to burn as the weak poison begins to race through her veins. 1 dam Weas walks back towards her so he can try to suck the venom from the beautiful she-elf’s shapely leg. His sucking helps initially, but he can’t get the poison out that is already running its course. The wound area feels a little better, but the poison that is already in her system might last a little longer.

Brufrig takes another shot at the sour smelling mummy, again the bolt does nothing to slow the monster down. It moves just to the edge of the entangling vines and roots, ready to head back into the thick dark foliage from whenst it came.

Keilif rushes out of the hut with his torch flailing. "Its midnight! We cant track this thing in the dark!!! KILL IT NOW!!!" He chases after the monster towards the edge of the clearing, ready to strike out at it with his mace.

Actions!

Waesfaren Rhey 9/10 1/4 first (Entangle spell: 4)
Bonnie 4/6 Torch Poisoned
Franny Buurlslammer 8/12
Keilif 8/9 0/3 first Torch

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#192 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Seeing that his bolts don't seem to affect the creature, Brufrig will grab his halberd and chase after it.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

"Well if it is a bandaged mummy, just spill one oil on it and we get to follow the flame back to its lair. Plus if it is seeking spider reinforcements well they will get crispy climbing aboard their ride."

Krystal watches wes suck on Bonnie's leg with a big smile on his face. A shiver goes up her spine, "Think I would rather have keep the poison", she thinks and follows after the Mummy group.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Bonnie tries to look embarrassed by the half-elf's actions, but a slight grin gives her away. "Well. Thanks...Um...Wes...I think you got it all...Oh! Maybe not."

Upon hearing Keilif's words, Bonnie has all the incentive she needs to resume her need for fire. She pulls back out the flask of oil, and gets ready to throw it at the creature.
"I'm dosing this thing. We can light it now or later."

I guess I need an attack roll for oiling it up? [1d20] = 19
Last edited by Monsieur Rose on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Storm11 »

The half-elf Druid looks up solaciously and grins. Thats as good as it's going to get I think," he says patting the leg.

Waes then reaches into his pocket for a flint and steel and starts to light a torch ready to rush the thing once it's been doused in oil.
Greys Campaign.

Hotgoblin

#196 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny keeps watch as the others try to torch the creature. She doesn't want anything sneaksing up on them. She whispers to herself...I hope to hell this ain't gonna backfire on us!!!

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#197 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

The gnome waits with loaded bow to follow the flaming torch of a mummy through the jungle back to its' lair.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#198 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Outside The Hut, Round 9

The mummy-like monster continues moving back towards the thick jungle, finally making it to the very edge of the druid’s patch of entangling vines. Krystal shouts out for someone to toss oil onto it, to which Bonnie quickly obliges. Despite her mild poisoning, the pretty elf pulls her flask back out and launches it at the fleeing monster, hitting it almost perfectly and splashing oil onto most of its back. Seeing this action, Waes quickly gets to work sparking up another torch. Franny keeps watch near the hut as Ferris advances behind the thing, both of them keep their weapons at the ready.

Keilifs disadvantage of not having good night vision proves to be a bane to the party once again. The visually challenged priest does not see the oil hit its mark. So, instead of just tossing his torch at the thing, he jams it into the ground and rushes towards the beast, wanting to use both hands to strike out at the thing. The monster breaks free of the entangling patch just as Brufrig arrives and slashes at it with his halberd. The big blade comes into contact with the smelly thing, doing minimal damage. Unfortunately, when the burly fighter tries to pry his blade back out for a second swing, he finds that it is firmly stuck to the things flappy skinned body. Using all of his strength, he still can’t seem to pry the blade away from its sticky flesh.

Worse yet, Keilif misses completely with his swing, giving the monster just enough time to turn slightly for a counter attack. It ignores the dwarf behind it and opens up both of its arms as if it is about to give the priest a big, welcoming bear hug. It swings its arms forward, enveloping the overly aggressive cleric as it flails at his head with both sticky fists. Keilifs face and shoulders are pressed firmly to the creature's chest and it seems like he is will be stuck there for good now. The battle crazed priest calls out in pain with muffled cries of loud unintelligible mumbles.

Actions!

Waesfaren Rhey 9/10 1/4 first (Entangle spell: 3)
Bonnie 3/6 Torch Poisoned (1)
Franny Buurlslammer 8/12
Keilif 7/9 0/3 first

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

"I read somewhere about these apostles of faith who would stand in flaming pyres and call the sinners to repentance and be cleansed in the all consuming fires of grace. Don't suppose the good cleric Keiliff is hugging one of his former parishioners do you?"

"Anyone got a rope with grapnel attached?" (I have but it is in the pack left in the hut), "We could attach that to the sticky mummy or the cleric could grasp it and we tug-of-war him away or slow the beast?"

If no one has any rope available, Krystal will quickly run back to the hut and fetch her equipment and then chase back to the others a few rounds later.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by Storm11 »

Thinking the cleric wouldn't want to let the undead escape the half-elf moves forward with the torch lit and thrusts it into the thing before it escapes
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Completed Missions”