Quest #6 "Return To The River"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #6 "Return To The River"

#161 Post by Storm11 »

Waes calls out a warning as the other spiders descend, and spins to try and jab one with his spear.

[1d20] = 1 : [1d6] = 2
Greys Campaign.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#162 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf, beginning to feel the effects of the spider's venom flowing through his system, realizes the group needs to finish this fight quickly. He jabs his halberd at the spider nearest him. (7)
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Having seen the satisfying destruction of the spider in front of her, Bonnie turns to find another target.
"Wes! How about that spell you were talking about?" She notices the two spiders slowly dropping down and starts waving her torch at them to keep them at bay.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Storm11 »

"I need space to cast it and these creatures are coming out of the woodwork!" the half-elf yells back. "Someone needs to go outside and destroy the creature entangled before the roots and plants release it!"
Greys Campaign.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

swears at the hairy critters in unlady like elven, "Fháil ar ais tú ocht sceith legged ar lloth!" and stabs another one creeping by the chimney with her sword Longsword melee [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17 damage [1d8] = 5

That's, "get back you 8 legged freaks of Lloth."...clearly traumatised like the weaker sex are by the sight of spiders in the bedroom...

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#166 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny winces after the creature bites her...of course this only makes her madder.

Save vs Poison (14) [1d20] = 15

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#167 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will give BT a little longer to post his action before I continue. Please stand by and thanks for your patience. :D

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#168 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

having loaded his pickbow he points it at the standing figure in the clearing and fires, still a little off target. ferris crossbow [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9 bolt damage [1d4+1] = 1+1 = 2

Maybe the dancing ghoul stepped on it so it twists a little in flight he thinks. Must need a tweak here and there. Putting that aside until later he will brandish his meat cleaver and decide to go a'chopping any spider legs that come next for the next round.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#169 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Legs and Eyes Everywhere, Round 5
The Communal Meeting Place
Mid-night, Cooler and Less Humid
Pitch Black and Even More Buggy

The explorers press their attack on these 8 legged pests, all the while the odd looking, sour smelling monster just continues to watch the action unfold from the druid’s patch of active vegetation just outside of the hut. Ferris fires his bolt at the lone white figure, but it sails over the things head. It doesn't even seem to notice.

Blood and guts continue to fly around the shelter as more of the things are squashed and slashed. Brufrig grits his teeth from the pain of the poison still burning up his insides. His blow indicates his anger, killing his spider mercilessly. Franny finally snaps out of her slump, killing the spider on her and also shrugging off the effects from its last bite. Krystal gives the giant insects a piece of her mind, swearing at them in her pleasant elven tongue. Seeing another trying to escape the chimney, she skewers it dead with her pointy sword. She hears no more rustling from within the stone structure.

Not really being too keen on the slaughter of natures creatures, Waes halfheartedly thrusts his spear in the direction of one of the incoming spiders, (11) missing it badly and placing himself in an awkward position to defend himself from its counter attack. It rushes at the druid and bites him behind his knee. 1 dam and Save vs. Poison, please Keilif quickly moves in to aid his friend Waes, but his heavy mace blow misses its mark this time. Bonnie is able to keep the other incoming insect (10) at bay with her torch. It does not attack as long as she continues jabbing at it with her flame.

The last 2 creatures on the roof decide to also drop through the hole made in the thatch, descending to the dirt floor right in between the two female elves. (12, 13)

Actions!

Ferris 3/7 DM, RM, 1/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 9/10 1/4 first (Entangle spell: 6)
Bonnie 6/6 Torch
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 8/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 5/15 poisoned (-1 hit point/round for ? rounds)
Keilif 8/9 0/3 first Torch

positions:
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG (248.77 KiB) Viewed 355 times

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Storm11 »

Waes winces at the spiders bite and stumbles forward, spinning around to jab the thing with his spear.

[1d20] = 12 : [1d6] = 4
Save vs poison [1d20] = 17
Greys Campaign.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#171 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

Brandishing his ship meat cleaver the burly gnome takes a whack at a critter severing neatly.

Ferris meat cleaver attack [1d20] = 18 damage [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

Longsword melee [1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2 damage [1d8] = 2

trips over Wes in an effort to skewer a spider...

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Hearing and seeing two more spiders drop down, Bonnie decides that she needs to change positions. She waves the torch at 10 & 11, while grabbing Wes with one hand trying to pull him backwards out of the hut.

"Regroup! Back out of the hut! Let's keep them in front of us."

Hotgoblin

#174 Post by Hotgoblin »

Scott308

#175 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Seeing no more spiders out here with him, the dwarf will pick up his crossbow, reload, and fire at the strange creature that brought the damn spiders here.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#176 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Blood and Guts Everywhere, Round 6
The Communal Meeting Place
Mid-night, Cooler and Less Humid
Pitch Black and Even More Buggy

The vicious nighttime bugs swarm into the openings of the shelter as the fight with the spiders starts to tip in the favor of the party. Both Franny and Krystal nearly fall to the ground during their attack as they slip around in all the blood and guts strewn about their feet. Bonnie continues to hold one of the spiders (10) at bay with her torch while trying to convince the group to exit the hut to regroup outside. She backs out and her spider follows.

Waes shakes off the bite he just took, his system fighting off the effects of the spiders poison. He and Ferris take another hack at their big bugs, both of them connecting and injuring their targets. Keilif still has a wicked bloodlust in his eyes as he smashes the spider that Waes injured into a squishy mess on the floor. (11) Franny and Ferris both have to sidestep another biting attempt from their hairy adversaries, each doing so with relative ease.

Brufrig feels the poison in his stout system beginning to wane, the intense burning pain rushing through his veins now starting to subside. He decides to drop his halberd in order to fire his crossbow at the sour smelling white monster still stuck in the druid’s aggressive garden. The bolt flies true and hits the strange creature square. The dwarf cannot tell if it actually had any effect or not as the bolt simply disappears into the things flappy, hanging skin. The white monster doesn’t move an inch, even after just being shot.

Actions!

Only 3 of the spiders remain. 13 is barley moving but still seems willing to attack.

Ferris 3/7 DM, RM, 1/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 9/10 1/4 first (Entangle spell: 5)
Bonnie 6/6 Torch
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 8/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 4/15 poison dissipating
Keilif 8/9 0/3 first Torch

positions:
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG (635.51 KiB) Viewed 323 times

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Storm11 »

The Druid takes a stab at the spider before him no 13

[1d20] = 9 : [1d6] = 2
Greys Campaign.

Scott308

#178 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Brufrig will fire at the creature again.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

feels she is finally getting the hang of this swashbuckling lark and in masked man Zorro style swishes with aplomb carving a 'K' sign into the furry body of a spider.

Longsword melee [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21 damage [1d8] = 5

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

"Just a bit closer, come with me..." Bonnie continues drawing spider 10 out of the hut and closer to the creature. When she reaches the edge of the entangled vegetation, she stops moving and starts trying to light the spider on fire.

[1d20] = 1 :shock: :lol:

Return to “Completed Missions”