Quest #6 "Return To The River"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #6 "Return To The River"

#341 Post by Urson »

Aldo

Aldo squalls in pain and rage, jumping up to run away and hide under a nearby bush. He glares out, growling.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#342 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Irritated that the ogre is still alive, Brufrig slashes it across the abdomen with his halberd in an attempt to finish it off.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

Arriving at the thatched place, she is alarmed that Bonnie is stoned out on top of the hut, watching the melee without a care in the world."Peace man, make love not war" seems to be the mantra on her face. The fire is probably burning a whole ogre sized brew of leaf, I think entering is going to set me off my head, maybe not literally until the ogre finds us. Krystal will sneak by the foggy cloud and check out the third hut, sword drawn to way lay any other cultivators.

Longsword melee [1d20] = 7 = 7 damage [1d8] = 8

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

"Hey Krystal! How's it going? Why'd you leave the fight? Did you bring snacks?" Bonnie rattles off a few questions at her fellow elf as she passes by. "The other huts are empty, and this one was full of smoke. Guess what? I think the Ogres were getting high on that herb. Good thing I made a hole so we weren't affected."

She keeps watching the fights.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#345 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Day 2, On The River Trail
Rumble In The Jungle: Round 3
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Midday, Very Humid, Buggy

Waes does not like it when the brute spikes Aldo into the ground. Aldo doesn’t like it either. He takes off and hides under a bush, whimpering and glaring at the ogre as he licks blood from his fur. Waes stabs his spear into the beast, nicking him on the side, but mostly making him more upset that his little smoke party was disturbed. Ferris shoots another bolt into the melee and it sticks into the druids shield, almost hitting him instead of the target.

The dwarves continue to slash and cut at the first jungle ogre, Brufrig’s blow nearly disemboweling the monster. Unable to even retaliate, it stares down at the pair with a confused expression just before it topples over dead onto the hard ground with a loud thud. Keilif watches on in amazement at the duo’s impressive fighting prowess before finally snapping out of it and rushing towards the second ogre with his ornate mace leading the way.

Krystal decides to avoid the heavy smoke for now. She flashes the giggling Bonnie her 2-fingered peace sign before moving along into the other huts. Bonnie waves hello with heavy eyelids and a big smile on her face. As mentioned, Krystal finds both of the other huts to be completely empty and apparently unused. The smoke in the hut that Bonnie is perched upon is starting to clear out a lot more now.

After watching his buddy fall and then seeing even more trouble rushing at him now, the second ogre stops his assault on Waes. Ignoring the illusionary bees in his makeshift trousers, he takes a step back and holds his massive hands out in front of him to show that he has stopped attacking. “NO KILL! NO KILL! JUSS PRO TEK HERB!!!”

Actions?

Ferris 2/7 DM, RM, 0/1 first
Waesfaren Rhey 10/10 4/4 first
Bonnie 6/6 (Serenity)
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Brufrig Granitesunder 11/15
Keilif 7/9 0/3 first
Aldo 2/8

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

chances exploring the smoky hut as most of the smoke disappears.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Storm11 »

Waes holds up his bloodied spear at the creature threateningly but does not attack. ”What is happening here? Where are all the villagers, and where did you get that herb from? Answer quickly now or face our justice!”
Greys Campaign.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

"YES! YES! PRO TEK HERB!" Bonnie shouts across to the Ogre. She stage-whispers to Krystal "I think he wants some herb. Don't tell him I broke his hotbox."

"HEY! HEY DOWN THERE! Have you seen my cat buddy? He talks you know?"

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#349 Post by Hotgoblin »

Franny wipes any left over Ogre spatter off her face. Nicely done Brufy, let's get to the other one before it squishes Waes.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Urson »

Aldo

Aldo limps out from under cover, looking pissed as only a cat can.
Pro tek herb, huh? Maybe I'll do to yer balls what your buddy did ta me!

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#351 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

zips the last of the hornets in a flowing swirl and then they vanish. He crawls out from under the overturned skiff. With loaded pickbow he will patrol the riverbank looking out for the loin cloth men to come back and claim their wears and wares.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#352 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rumble In The Jungle: Round 4
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Midday, Very Humid, Buggy

Ferris and Aldo crawl out from their respective hiding places. The gnome wisely watches down river for the 2 rafting men to return. He sees nothing coming, but figures that, if there is no trail on the opposite bank, it might take those men a long time to crawl through the thick bush before they arrive back to collect their belongings.

Bonnie continues laughing and shouting from the top of her thatch hut. Krystal holds her breath and enters as the last wisps of the heavy smoke vents out through Bonnies gaping hole above. Krystal can now see Bonnie smiling down at her and giggling as she looks around the place. Like the other huts, this one is void of any remnants of the former inhabitants. There are a few items to note here, however. There is a small pile what looks like roots or tubers of some kind against one wall. There is also a large, open cask filled with what might be river water near by. The thing that really catches the thieving elves attentions is a small bronze brazier that sits on a short bamboo stand. It has 4 pieces of square charcoal still burning brightly in its bottom that gives off a pleasant odor as it smolders away. The filthy yet ornate bowl has a blackened metal grid or grill that is laid over the top of it that is clearly not a matching part of the bronze vessel. On top of that grill can be seen a handful of clumped up weeds or plants that have been burnt down into ashes. On the ground next to the burning bowl is another small pile of the pungent plants that the girls found out in the storage barns.
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG (40.52 KiB) Viewed 200 times

Franny and Brifrig follow Keilif to the next yellow, cat smashing monster. Waes has stopped his assault and is now trying to obtain whatever information he can from the nearly naked, red eyed brute. It continues holding its hands out and answers the druid incoherently, slurring his words and making very little sense to anyone listening.

"MI NO KILL!!! GROD KLIZK FRUT DEM NOGG BAX!!! MI JUSS FRIK CLAG UN KLID BIK!!! KORZ DIQ PID CAP TAN BING!!!

The beast shrugs his huge shoulders and points towards the north, up the trail that continues deeper into the jungle.

Keilif badly wants to find his native friends and is starting to get pissed off again.

"What is this nonsense? We need some answers here! Where the hell did these ogres come from? And why are they yellow? Can any of you understand this big idiot?"

Actions?

Can I get a hard Wisdom check from everyone except Bonnie in your next post, please?

Bonnie 6/6 (Serenity)
Krystal 5/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Keilif 7/9 0/3 first
Aldo 2/8

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

wisdom 13 vs skill check [4d6] = 18

She takes the bronze brazier and with the scented charcoal and walks to the ogre.

"Come friend, sit down, take a breather, I can see you are highly stressed. let this relax you, breathe in now, another deep one..." she says causing the ogre to sit down and heaps some leaf on the grill for him to de-stress. She casts a 'comprehend languages' on him to understand what he says before he goes off too much with the faeries.

when he is out of it she will pocket the bronze bowl as a token form the village.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Storm11 »

Waes stands guard of the ogre with his spear, ready to stick him if he tries anything offensive. He lets the elf lass question the creature further.

[4d6] = 14 (wis 17)
Greys Campaign.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#355 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

decides to get in on the act and parcels off a supply of leaf into his own backpack.

"lets toss the dead big ogre into the river for the crocs or ghouls and then leave the other here stoned. Skiff upstream to this Captain Bingo" he suggests.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Urson »

Aldo

[4d6] = 8
Fuget dat! I'ma kill his ass fer what his buddy did!
Aldo fluffs himself out and stalks toward the dopey ogre, ears laid back and tail lashing.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#357 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf is completely befuddled by the incoherent gibberish being spouted by the ogre. He waits to see if someone else can understand it, or just give the order to take it down.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Storm11 »

Waes clears his throat. ”Notice there are no insects around here at all! Perhaps these herbs are the key to keeping Beachtown big free in the future. Where did you get these herbs ogre?” he asks sharply.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#359 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rumble In The Jungle: Round 5
Godsday, 23rd of Reaping
Midday, Hot, Very Humid

Krystal goes through the ogres hut, taking the only thing she finds that might be of any value as Bonnie watches on through the hole in the roof. The bronze bowl is about the size of a large salad bowl and is still very hot to the touch. The elf needs to carry it by the legs of its small stand in order to move it. Once she leaves the hut with the tiny brazier, the thick smoke that was in there clears out entirely.

Waes keeps his spear pointed at big yellow, still trying to talk it out with him as the others join in. Brufrig stands poised with his halberd, ready to strike if he gets the word. Aldo hisses at the brute from a safe distance, making more cat noises that only the stoned elf can understand. The druid points out that the bugs seem to be far less in number around this clearing, a fact that nobody else noticed until he spoke of it.

Ferris moves into the barn to help himself to a free handful of the pungent herbs. The ogre does not like that move one bit and begins to step forward to protest."CLAK DIN JEG PRID HERB!!! MUSS PRO TEK!!! The blades of Waes and the dwarves stop the brute from attacking, but the completely baked ogre seems angry now and poised for a fight again after the gnome’s herb pilfering. When Ferris returns and expresses his desire to drag the skiffs up river against the current, the ogre speaks out again once it hears a familiar name. YA! YA! MISA HO CAP TAN BING!!! It again points to the trail that leads further north into the jungle.

In the mean time, Krystal appears on the scene carrying the dingy metal bowl out in front of her with a handful of the fresh herbs now piled on the grill, just starting to ignite and smolder. She gets a little too close, trying to use the smoke to sedate the ogre, but it doesn’t work as she hoped. The ogre is clearly not happy that someone has messed with his belongings. Ignoring the weapons that are already drawn on it, the beast lunges at the elf just as she is about to start casting her spell of comprehension. It smashes her in the head with one meaty fist 7 dam and grabs for the hot, smoking bowl with the other. The blow is hard enough to send the lithe elf and the bowl crashing to the ground in a heap.

Keilif is clearly perturbed at the elf’s arrogant actions towards the dangerous foe. “What the fu....? Why would you try to provoke it like that when we were just about to get some information out of it?” Seeing that she is now unconscious, he stops the berating and shouts out to the others. “Do NOT kill this thing!!! We must find out what it knows!!!”

Actions!

If you want it…….Brufrig, Franny and Waes can take a free attack of opportunity on the ogre during this round as it turns to smash Krystal with a surprise blow.

Bonnie 6/6 (Serenity)
Krystal -2/5 CL DM RM 1/1 first (Unconscious)
Franny Buurlslammer 9/12
Keilif 7/9 0/3 first
Aldo 2/8

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Storm11 »

Waes will attempt to strike out at the ogre as it pushes past to get to the she elf.

[1d20] = 2 : [1d6] = 3

And continue his attack this round to no avail

[1d20] = 4 : [1d6] = 1
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Completed Missions”